Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

• BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-13-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Billie love your quilt. How are you going to quilt it?
    Ha how is my quilter going to quilt it? Im backing it with a blue minkee so I'm thinking blue thread and something simple like all over stars or moons maybe both. A would love a tossed alphabet like the borders I don't know if she has anything like that. The gal I use is still newish and does panto's, so far she's not very comfortable with custom work. But she does really good work and is very affordable.
    Old 12-13-2016, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Awesome.job.great.use.of.panel.fabric
    Thank you Kass

Are you still having a hard time when you try to reply with quote? I found if I click both the multi quote and reply with quote, even if it's just one post I lave less problems.
    Old 12-13-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Billi
    Thank you Kass

Are you still having a hard time when you try to reply with quote? I found if I click both the multi quote and reply with quote, even if it's just one post I lave less problems.
    It's.like.a.jack.in.the.box.or.russian.roullette.s ometimes.it.works.fine.others.grrrrrrrrr
    Old 12-13-2016, 04:06 PM

If I remember to type first then copy then hit reply w/ quote then paste it works, but who thinks that far in advance???? lol
    Old 12-13-2016, 04:46 PM
    Power Poster

Want to see my score at the flea market today? I found these wonderful old quilt blocks that just need someone like me to make a quilt out of them! I posted them in a thread asking how to clean them, here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post7718271
    Old 12-13-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Want to see my score at the flea market today? I found these wonderful old quilt blocks that just need someone like me to make a quilt out of them! I posted them in a thread asking how to clean them, here:
    Sew those are wonderful I'm pretty sure I have some sisters to you dresden plates. Only smaller they were made by my grandmother and never put into a quilt I'll have to take a picture of the some time. ummmm maybe my grandmother made those too since mine don 't lay flat either. I love the star ones flower ones....what a terrific block.
    Old 12-13-2016, 05:46 PM

I recommend you get some "retroclean". It's great for vintage fabrics; I use it all the time. Just fill a tub with warm water,the retroclean...let them soak a few days. I would probably drape them over towels on the edge of the shower or bath tub to dry. You will be surprised at how they brighten up. I would probably use some light weight muslin,sew right sides together,turn right side out and then machine appliqué onto quilt blocks. That would stabilize the fabric and save needle turning....
    Old 12-13-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Love your find sewbizgirl. I see some of the same material in blocks I inherited from hubby's grandmother.
    Old 12-13-2016, 06:27 PM

Terri, I'm like Janice, I wanted to jump right through my screen and come and clean up for you! I have to clean as I go too it can be cooking or seeing a little dust on a piece of furniture and then I have to dust the whole house. Sometimes it can be a curse for sure. Ordered some fabric for one group and it should be here tomorrow, one of those that I thought all of you could have fun with and it's different than my usual selections.
    Old 12-13-2016, 06:46 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by francie yuhas
    I recommend you get some "retroclean". It's great for vintage fabrics; I use it all the time. Just fill a tub with warm water,the retroclean...let them soak a few days. I would probably drape them over towels on the edge of the shower or bath tub to dry. You will be surprised at how they brighten up. I would probably use some light weight muslin,sew right sides together,turn right side out and then machine appliqué onto quilt blocks. That would stabilize the fabric and save needle turning....
    Great ideas, Francie. Sounds like a good way to avoid needleturn! Is Retroclean something that I can find locally or would I have to order it?