Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

• BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-18-2016, 10:51 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
    Thanks for the hugs and kind words. I've signed up for the 3 month group. Kinda still thinking about joining the 2 month group, too. I like having so many swap blocks for a quilt. Or maybe two quilts.
    Last time I only joined the two month group and had all my blocks done (19) in two weeks! I was wishing I had that second group to go to, but it was my first swap and I didn't know how it was going to go. This time I signed up for both groups. More play time and more quilt blocks that way, for sure!

Mona, great welding! That's a cool skill to have.

Speaking of cool, if you like a variation of weather come to the South! It was a muggy, steamy 80 here yesterday. Rained all night and we had 32 degrees this morning! This is what we get all winter... Cold, but with breaks!

Hope all of you freezing people up north have fireplaces and the firewood cut, just in case that power goes out. Hate to think of 23 below with no power and no fire!
    Old 12-18-2016, 06:54 PM

I wont complain about the -13 we had today. Ill look forward to the 40's by Tues/Wed.. I DO love the snow...esp to see the grandkids out there having fun but today was even too cold for them.. they only stayed out about 10 min...wasnt wet enough for snowmen or snow balls...lots of ice on the patio though for ice skating with their feet!! LOVE the pumpkin you made and the tree...I welded one time on my ElCamino...decided it wasnt for me so sold it! Body work is hard work!! Stay warm to the east...its moving your way!
    Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 AM

Ladies,On your baggies you send with your fabric do you write on the baggies or attach labels to the baggies?
    Old 12-19-2016, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by marietta
    Ladies,On your baggies you send with your fabric do you write on the baggies or attach labels to the baggies?
    There is a couple of different ways to do that. typically (but not always) I print my boom request out on labels and stick to the outside of my baggie I'm sure include my name. If I am in both groups I also write which group it belongs too especially if I use different fabrics.

Other times I print my request out on plain paper and place it in the bag (most people do this) then I either include a business card with my name on it that can be seen through the bag or use my label maker and label the baggie with my name.

Al long as Janice can easily read your name it doesn't really matter how you do it.
    Old 12-19-2016, 06:11 AM

Sewbiz we don't have a fireplace but we do have a generator. Have needed it in the summer but thankfully have never had to use it in the winter. It's going to be above 20 degrees today and all the way up to the 30's tomorrow.

Marietta I put my name and requests inside Baggie but like when some are additionally adding their address label to the outside of Baggie and going to do that this time
    Old 12-19-2016, 08:50 AM

That's it exactly. Just make it easily readable to these old'ish eyes and you are golden!
    Originally Posted by Billi
    There is a couple of different ways to do that. typically (but not always) I print my boom request out on labels and stick to the outside of my baggie I'm sure include my name. If I am in both groups I also write which group it belongs too especially if I use different fabrics.

Other times I print my request out on plain paper and place it in the bag (most people do this) then I either include a business card with my name on it that can be seen through the bag or use my label maker and label the baggie with my name.

Al long as Janice can easily read your name it doesn't really matter how you do it.
    Old 12-19-2016, 08:52 AM

Ditto! What a "cool" thing to be learning.
    Originally Posted by marietta
    Mona G How cool is that ! the tree lol not the temp.
    Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 AM

Well, that temp beat my sons' town in Kansas. It was 3. Brrrr. Good thing one of them is here with the other to arrive tonight. Yay! But it turns out the youngest who arrived on Friday is ill. He just got up out of bed and is miserable. Must have picked up a bug on the plane or more likely at a party he attended yesterday. What a shame. I hope for his sake it will be of short duration.
    Originally Posted by terriamn
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]563972[/ATTACH]
    Brrrrrr
    Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 AM

Sure glad it is warming up in WI, we are headed there for the game on Christmas Eve. Hubby bucket list wish, a Packer game in Lambeau Field.
    Love those kitchens. Wish mine was that big. We have one counter and it gets full all the time.
    That steel work, Mona G, is so cool.
    Loved reading up on things.
    Old 12-19-2016, 01:37 PM

Janice feel terrible for your son. We have had that happen several times to us and it makes everyone feel miserable

quiltermomma with Lambeau field being outside it's a darn good thing it's warming up. Poor hubby would be a Popsicle