Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

• BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 PM

Hope no more 'incidents' sewbizgirl. And your doing much better. I don't think you ruined anything, and I'm with Libster. And ya know...things just happen and you roll with it, make lemonade , count your blessings, tell those ya love how much.
    Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and A Blessed New Year !!
    Old 12-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Are you kidding? You didn't spoil their holiday, you lived through a deathly ill experience. They are probably ecstatic you make it through. I am. Have safe and happy holidays. Thinking of you sewbizgirl
    Old 12-23-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Our Christmas plans changed radically Wed. night when I was suddenly hit with some sort of brain "incident". I had extreme vertigo and was deathly ill. Had to be hospitalized overnight and the entire family plan to go to Virginia for Christmas was suddenly OFF. When the hospital let me go a day later we all headed back to Memphis for a "Stay-cation" Christmas at the kid's house. I ruined Christmas for my family... but at least we are still all together. They are being pretty great about it.
    So glad you were able to celebrate closer to home. We've been having this discussion for a week or so. We try so hard to arrange & rearrange so everyone can attend only to have sickness, weather, work, etc to interfere at the last moment. Libster is right, you just go with the flow. I know the rest of your clan were happy to have you celebrating.
    Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM

Here's my fabric for both groups. Most of you know I am NOT fond of orange, but this is a special request from my granddaughter. I'm asking for a solid or TOT cream matching background. Any matching solid or TOT (tone-on-tone) in fabric would be fine with it, just please no other prints. I have them all pressed, folded, bagged, labeled and ready to go see Janice.
    Attached Thumbnails 101_0277-2-.jpg  
    Old 12-23-2016, 04:07 PM

Sewbiz, you didn't ruin anything it's just postponed. That vertigo is horrible, Bill had it and we were 60 miles away..at our cabin in the mountains..Took the ambulance 2 hours to get there because of the mountain passes and then took him back to Cody. Turned out to be a viral inner ear infection and the minute they gave him Valium it went away. He could not talk, walk or even crawl,scared the livin' c...Out of me.
    I woke up yesterday with a very sore shoulder, your guess as good as mine don't remember doing anything. Today can,t move it or lift anything. Hubby got my pjs on last night and have been in them every since. We'll see tomorrow everyone else may be cooking but me.
    Wishing everyone a loving and grateful Holiday season
    Old 12-23-2016, 04:18 PM

Sewbiz, what a scare. Sure hope it's an isolated incident and you will be feeling 100% by Christmas.

sure your family is thrilled you will be with them and not stuck in the hospital. Sending a big hug.

We celebrate tomorrow evening and everything is ready. Actually celebration will start at noon when we will all watch the Vikings game. Not expecting much from them so their won't be any disappointment when they loose.

Still have to wash and iron my fabric, pretty sure it will be the beer fabric and the waves.

it's 35 degrees out and hubby has his snowmobile suit on and warming pad under his hiney sitting by the fire.
    Old 12-23-2016, 05:02 PM

Beer ,in any form,is fine with me. However,I could probably sew better with a sample...Our daughter arrived for the holidays,expecting fine weather. It turns out the rain is warmer. We got over an inch..in the desert!
    Old 12-23-2016, 07:20 PM

Did the QAYG on the last swap blocks. I posted it on Topaz, boom 17. I really liked quilting anyway I wanted on each block...not sure how Im going to finish the back with the method I used but Im going to use the remaining 13 blocks I have for the back so it will be reversable! Thanks for ALL the cute fish blocks!!
    Old 12-23-2016, 10:20 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes. I appreciate every one!

Libster I like the orange floral print. I do like orange!
    Old 12-24-2016, 03:41 AM

"Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is each of us being wreathed in smiles"
    My mother fell and fractured her elbow on the 9th. I left sunny Florida and will be in the cold NY. Had to wait 2 wks for swelling to go down and she had surgery yesterday. A lot of pins, screws, sutures and plate to hold her 89yo bones together. Tomorrow I will "help" her cook and enjoy being with her, my brother and SIL.
    DH is in FL with our four legged child. DD and her family on their way to him to spend the holiday week.
    Seems many of us have had plans that we made that aren't going our way. So have a small pity party then rise and enjoy what ever comes your way .
    Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.