Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

• BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-25-2016, 08:36 PM

Terriamn - You look comfortable. Who is your companion on the couch? She looks as old as my Minnie Mutt.

Joan - lovely pictures of your family.

Originally Posted by terriamn
    trying new kindle to see size of pictures

this is me after hosting Christmas Eve and b4 festivities started today. no such thing as privacy around here

joan great family pictures
    Old 12-25-2016, 09:04 PM

Joan, I had my first at 20, then adopted a 4 year old 24 years later. So I have a 35, 17, and 15 and the grands are 13 and 6. It does make for an interesting life, but I wouldn't have it any other way (most of the time.)
    Old 12-26-2016, 06:04 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, BOOMers!! I'm in! I sent a note to Janice just now. If the 3 month group is filled, I'll be in the 2 month group. Now to pick my fabric...
    Old 12-26-2016, 07:13 AM

Yea, glad you are going to join again Ibex

My old girl on the couch with me is Rio. She is 11 years old, not the brightest bulb around but definitely the sweetest.
    Old 12-26-2016, 07:49 AM
    Power Poster

Terri, Rio looks like a sweet girl. Nothing better than cuddling up for a nap with our pups. My Marty loves to nap with me too.

Ibex, so glad you are going to be Booming again! You are the one who talked me into the swap and now I'm hooked. Looking forward to it starting.
    Old 12-26-2016, 09:14 AM

Well it looks like lots of fun was had by all. I love all the pictures, thank you all for sharing them.

We had a very low key celebration with my oldest and her boyfriend, and we skyped with my youngest when we opened gifts. a good time was had by all. I got some very sweet thoughtful gifts and Mr. Bill and I are combing Christmas with our January birthdays and taking a short trip. My holiday was a win. Tomorrow we are headed to the Fresno area to see my SIL and BIL for a few days. We will be home in time to sleep through all the new years eve celebrations.
    Old 12-26-2016, 09:53 AM

Happy Day after Christmas! I've been a bit out of pocket and have a lot of catching up to do on this thread. I'll work on it and make my posts later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, you can see that Ibex is back with us for the 3 month group. Yay!

Sign-ups WILL CLOSE on Friday night, regardless of whether the groups are filled or not. For anyone out there fence-sitting, please jump on in and join us! (FYI for newbies, I usually only keep the sign-up open for about 3 weeks. That's more than enough time for people who are interested to speak up.) Also, if there is anyone who has joined and has reconsidered, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!

OK, I'm off to straighten up the house now that our last guest has departed and then I'll be back with you all.
    Old 12-26-2016, 05:31 PM

Bought my son a smoker for Christmas and he had to try it out today. He tried 4 different "rubs" and we all decided the one with Jack Daniels in it was the best...maybe apple chips for the wood next time...but man was it good..AND messy. The kids love eating ribs..more for the mess than anything I think. Tomorrow I get to take 3 of the grandkids to see a movie..Hailee and I want to see "sing" but the boys want to see something about "beasts within"...they say its like a Harry Potter movie..I bet they talk her into changing her mind overnight! Im like most, Ill be in bed early on New Years Eve..will have 3 of the 4 grandkids havent been out in years for the new year!! Safer at home! Have a great New year everyone!!!
    Old 12-26-2016, 05:35 PM

If I'm home I'm in bed for the ball dropping on New Years eve, but I believe I'll be working this one so I'll be picking up the pieces from the "partying"
    Old 12-26-2016, 07:57 PM

Joan, my dh has smoker here at home and at the lake. A cheap cut of a roast smoked is by far my favorite meat. Like it better even then ribs.

kassandra hope you have a quiet night at work if you do work New Years