Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

• BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-31-2016, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    My saintly brother is taking my mother to store and errands so I am the library using the computers. My mothers home has very little phone reception and I can keep up with the posts but can't really type too much! Loving the photos. I was really down when my DH and DD were sending me pictures of them outside in FL. But the rib roast I made for my mom was one of the best ever and got to enjoy it with my bro and sil and mom. Its all good. I will always want to be everywhere at the same time!!
    I have some of the beer fabric - along with a selection of beer, mugs, etc that I used for a quilt. Bring it on. And don't complain if your blocks are stained and askew because i will be thirsty making it!!
    Amazing how many do not "do" orange and then we all ooh and ahh over the completed ones. Love the many colors of the floral and my mind is whirling.
    Thankfully I should be in FL when the fabric rolls in so I can pick from my stash. Looking forward to seeing all the colors and designs. not sure that wavy pattern will help vertigo - but I managed with the zebra print last year!
    Keeping active - with or without grands - is so important. And keeping our minds somewhat sane is to - love this group for that and for always giving a shoulder and understanding. Bless you all the rest of the week and into the new year.
    I'm one of those that "do not do orange" and you are right. I simply "ooh and aah" over the finished blocks. some ladies can do wonders with that color and turn the color into masterpieces.
    Old 12-31-2016, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    I bought green tea to try and build up resistance against the crud. Absolutely hate the taste and wondering what I can mix it with to get it down. Going to try and refrigerate a cup and mix it with a large bottle of water and see if that works.
    Try it with a little bit of Honey, It is a natural sweetener. I use honey in my green tea, I think is taste better.
    Old 12-31-2016, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Bootsy is in. Love that board name!
    Janice, I will also double up with my blocks. Posting my fabric choice soon.
    Old 12-31-2016, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    I had enough of the blue for the 2 month group with the doubles...So I had to check my stash for the fabric for the 3 month group. Ive had this for a few years and I love it but didnt know what to do with it Its Dynasty from Timeless Treasures and I just liked to take it out and look at it...

I have enough now for 16 pieces and have ordered 3 more yards so I will have enough for borders etc and to send the total amount to the group...(I hope it gets here soon! Ive been thinking and thinking about what color to go with it and I really want the main fabic to stand out so Im going to ask for only WOW ...I thought about the purple or the blue or even gold but I think that might take away from the black..esp if there were various colors of blue/purple/green...I just LOVE all the colors in it but the quilt will be for my son/DIL and they have been wanting a black based king quilt....Its all packaged up, just waiting for the last 2 pieces to get here!
    That is beautiful fabric, I love the design.
    Old 12-31-2016, 06:25 AM

Here is a pic of the fabric I have chosen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564635[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564636[/ATTACH]

The possibilities are endless. I like the simplicity of the fabric. I will include instructions in my packages, but I think I will have you ladies use solids or tone on tone fabrics. Stay away from Black or White as I will use those in the sashing and borders.
    Attached Thumbnails boom-fabric.jpg   boom.jpg  
    Old 12-31-2016, 07:00 AM

Good morning, Boomers! It's almost a new year and it's definitely a new Boom swap.

TENTATIVELY, we have a full complement of swappers in the 3 month group which means 20 swappers so each of you will be sending 19 F8s and making 19 blocks.

The 2 month group has 13 swappers, 5 of whom will make single blocks and the remaining 8 have said they wish to double up. TENTATIVELY the single blocks swappers will send me 12 F8s and make 12 blocks. TENTATIVELY the Doublers will send me 19 F8s and will make 19 blocks.

I'm giving you these numbers now so you can approximate your fabric needs but in the next couple of days, they may change. I've got a few emails going out today to confirm participation but this will at least give you an idea of how the groups are shaking out.

I'll post final groups once i receive replies to my emails. It may take a couple of days with the New Year upon us. Not everyone will be sitting by their computer like i am today! lol.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year, Boomers!
    Old 12-31-2016, 09:08 AM
    Power Poster

Yay, big groups! I love it!

Lstew, your fabric is going to be fun to work with. Loads of colors in there!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mickey and Minnie! Is that a current fabric? Probably not.... I've never seen it.
    Old 12-31-2016, 09:19 AM

I'm cutting and bagging my fabric....doing an orange and purple quilt this time. I will be sending out about 10 different fabrics, have fun!!!
    Old 12-31-2016, 10:24 AM

Mona, I need to confirm you still wish to double up. You seemed unsure the other day. Please check your email and reply. Thanks!
    Originally Posted by Mona G
    I'm cutting and bagging my fabric....doing an orange and purple quilt this time. I will be sending out about 10 different fabrics, have fun!!!
    Old 12-31-2016, 10:29 AM

Sorry I thought I did reply several hours ago...maybe it didn't go thru.

yes, I'm doubling up.