Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >
  • BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

• BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-11-2016, 04:50 AM

Sewbiz, looks like a good challenge.

MJP, will have to put my thinking cap on.

i'm sending the same fabrics from last swap, sorry to be boring.
    Old 12-11-2016, 05:27 AM

sewbizgirl, Inspired, uhm no..lol...But, I don't have one of them in my hands yet. A challenge , indeed. I think we are up for it.
    mjp ~ Your fabric just scares the bejeebers out of me :-), No not the motif, It's the how am I ever going to make a decent block out of that!!
    On the flip side...THANK YOU, with your fabric you have completely erased all worry and trepidation out of the fabric choosing from my stash!
    Old 12-11-2016, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    What do you think? These are my ugly FQs... I think they could be pretty as a sampler quilt. The smaller pieces on top of the bigger pieces would be a coordinate that I would send along too. Anyone feel inspired by these?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563444[/ATTACH]

This is probably not helpful but seriously this is all I can see when I look at that group of prints. This is a baby quilt I made a few years ago I have 4 babies coming this next year to make quilts for and I've been looking for a set of fabrics to maybe make it again and then bam there they are. hahaha [ATTACH=CONFIG]563451[/ATTACH]

and a close up [ATTACH=CONFIG]563452[/ATTACH].
    like I said probably not helpful but's seriously all I can see
    Attached Thumbnails pig-quilt-reduced-.jpg   pigs-close-up-.jpg  
    Old 12-11-2016, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]563448[/ATTACH]Here is the Day of The Dead fabric. Jlt37869. I think you'll be very happy with it. Feels very good much better than kona. Not broadcloth. 100% cotton. All2pieces. I added 3" extra to each piece. SSewbizgirl it still has smiling (and dancing)skeletons. I'm going to have fun with this boom.
    This is seriously fun.
    Old 12-11-2016, 05:38 AM

sewbiz - the FQ really are pretty. Maybe not for everyone, but for a feminine room. Maybe decide on what color you would use for sashing and ask that we don't use it (maybe a brown?) I see a Dresden block in them.
    Old 12-11-2016, 05:39 AM

marietta
    Do not even think about being stressed about this fabric. Just have fun. You can always cut a strip out of your favorite figures and surround it with black and call it a day. I'll be happy with whatever you send.
    Old 12-11-2016, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by marietta
    mjp ~ Your fabric just scares the bejeebers out of me :-), No not the motif, It's the how am I ever going to make a decent block out of that!!
    LOL- not my cup of tea either - but that is what is great about this swap - it stretches us to look at a fabric we normally wouldn't and make it into a beautiful block. look at the back swaps and you will see a lot of OhMy fabrics that somehow we managed to turn into great quilts
    Old 12-11-2016, 06:08 AM

As for me I have a fabric that i really like I got probably 2 years ago with no thought what to do with it I just really liked it. All I know is I want to make a couch quilt to cuddle under. The pattern has been beyond me so I am relying on the talents of you ladies to help me out.

I'm don't even have a color request, I don't even care if it's the primary focus of the block how's that for ladies I give you free rein get creative and have fun[ATTACH=CONFIG]563454[/ATTACH]

The colors are washed out in this but you get the idea
    Attached Thumbnails z-cats-chairs.jpg  
    Old 12-11-2016, 06:11 AM

I'm an odd quilter in that I'm much better at FMQ, and raw edge applique than piecing. I use a lot of hand embroidery beads, and buttons in my quilts. I haven't done much piecing. I did the Craftsy 2012 BOM and that turned out pretty good. Anyone (3 month boom) who wants hand embroidery or beads on their blocks let me know. The beads would not be good on a bed quilt, only on a wall hanging. I design most of my own quilts and may try to design these blocks but they're going to have to be simple while I work on my skills. It says we can use applique so I may try some of that.
    Old 12-11-2016, 06:20 AM

mjpEncinitas - What wonderful fabric! It will be so much fun to work with. Did you see what some in the 3 month TOPAZ boom did with the mardi gras masks? Fantastic!
    Billi - I see fussy cuts in your cat on a couch fabric also. That is so cute. Love the baby quilt, too.
    Sewbizgirl - This swap has opened my eyes to some different color schemes. Bet it will look beautiful when finished. Would you like us to try to make a baby block out of it in imitation of Billi?