Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 10-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Annt59, thank you for the beautiful pansy block!

Just got back from the PO, my blocks are sent and I already got my email out to Janice.

I have enjoyed being a member of this swap, I even felt sad as I completed my last block. But in anticipation of the next Boom Swap I have already bought two different kinds of fabric and now can't decide upon which to use. I may have to join both the two and three month groups, but we will see.

Tomorrow we plan to leave for Alabama. Normally we would have been there a month ago but there were things that needed immediate attention before we could leave. We will be staying for about a month only to return to Wisconsin to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with our children. Dh can't wait to just sit in his favorite chair and watch the water...whatever! As for me, I have a sewing room there that I love and will enjoy getting it all set up and ready to go.

Jan
Old 10-02-2017, 12:18 PM

I thought about you first thing this morning Terri....was hoping you weren't anywhere near the concert area. I don't have any family/friends out in Vegas but it breaks my heart to hear of this tragedy...I love concerts, my son and DIL go to 2-3 a year. I would never expect something like this to happen to people just out to have a good time and enjoy life...so sad...
Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

So glad you are ok, Terri. Such a horrible thing! We took a moment of silence this morning before starting Silver Sneakers class, for the wounded and the grieving. So senseless, just pure evil.

On a happy note, my daughter and her husband 'closed' on their very first house purchase today! They are homeowners now. They bought a lovely little home in East Memphis with a charming back yard. And THREE bathrooms... YAY! They have had only one bathroom since moving to Memphis over two years ago, and let me tell you it's rough! Don't know how people did it 'back in the day'.

I expect I'll be going to help with the house renovation... at least painting! They move in towards the end of Oct. and will be working on the house right up to then.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:53 PM

All the new blocks are great. Jayne thank you for my special block.

Love all the pictures of babies, chickens and deer.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Our same baby deer was back today, feeding all around the house... no mama. Maybe this baby was weaned. Or someone killed the mother out of season. It's getting bigger but still has a good bit of spots. Good thing we have lots of acreage and don't allow anyone to hunt on it. The deer are safe here... that is, as long as my dog doesn't hassle them.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 PM

Marija's blocks are wonderful. I love her color choices. We took out the 12 1/2 ruler and checked all the squares!

We were looking at the Day of the Dead squares from the last boom and marveling over the wonderful piecing and appliqué the boomers did. I'm putting three little quilts together from them. The first, longest one is turning out great.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:51 PM

MJP and Marij sounds like you had a fun time together.

Sewbiz good news on your dd's new house.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

And now on the heels of the unbelievable massacre in Las Vegas, Tom Petty has died! I loved him so much. Heart attack at 66 years old. My heart is broken!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 AM

My gosh, where did the last few weeks go? Hope you all are keeping a better eye on the calendar than I am. You've got just over two weeks until your blocks are due in my hands so you must mail a few days at least before that. Packages are arriving steadily now. Four more are scheduled for delivery this week. Looking good, Boomers!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:56 AM

Feels strange continuing going on as a tourist after the gut wrenching shooting in Vegas. The news is thanking tourists for their prayers and generosity and asking us to go on with our plans. Vegas wants to welcome us.

Bought some new boom fabric today at the quilt shop dh surprised me with a trip to. The shop was large, brightly lit and had over 1,000 bolt of fabric