Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 10-14-2017, 12:42 PM

Jaba so great you are having a grandson!! I have 4 and 3 granddaughters...thats it for me....So far its 3 great grandsons and 1 ggranddaughter with another one due in November...Wish I could see the greats more often. Sorry about your troubles but its bound to get better...esp with grand kids around! Kass I would NEVER try a quilt like that...would drive me insane!! LOL. Great job!!
Old 10-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Jaba, congratulations on your soon to be here grandson! Happy news!! I hope the problems are solved or at least nearly so. Very frustrating.

Kass the moon hexie top is amazing. I'm another one who hasn't tried the stack and whack technique. Something for the future. I've also posted your Boom 18 quilt with the other completed quilts in the gallery.

Blocks are coming in regularly now. Not too many left. I've gotten about 2/3 of the pkgs I've received sorted out. I keep having interruptions so it's slow going this time. Just a few more to catch up with before the remainder arrive next week. Hope to ship promptly.

Other than Jaba, is there anyone who has had a change of address or is using an alternate address for this shipping? If so, please remind me of it. Thanks.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:22 PM

Thanks everyone, I love the technique of SAW, usually prefer a more sedate layout so you can see the individual blocks. I came up w/ this idea for this fabric and have at least 3 more layouts drawn up for different fabrics I have gotten over time specifially for SAW, but will likely do a version (w/ a KAT twist) of OBW.

Janice I intended to mail on Fri but didn't get to the PO I will have Gary send on Mond for sure.

Oh and thanks for putting the quilt in the finished album.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:27 PM

Kass, that quilt is awesome! I don't think I could do anything like that.
Jaba, what great news about a grandson! Congratulations.
It looks like we are getting close to having all the blocks mailed. Yippee!
Old 10-14-2017, 03:59 PM

Janice, jclinganrey posted a picture of her Boom 13 Atlanta group finished quilt under the Pictures section. She said she'd like to get it added to the gallery. It is a soft colored, beautiful quilt.
I just put the last binding stitches in for my Summer group quilt. It is finished finally. As soon as I can get a couple of tall men to hold it up for me, I'll get a picture made. I met my goal, it's finished before the Autumn blocks get here. One Christmas present down.
Congrats, Jaba, on the grandson! I know you have to be over the moon for this one! Hopefully you have hot water by now. Life can be aggravating, can't it?
Kass, your talent knows no boundaries! Your quilt is beautiful. I would never even try something that complicated. Well done.

Last edited by Libster; 10-14-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 AM

Morning, everyone. If you have a completed boom quilt, it should be posted to an active BOOM thread or emailed to me. I'm in no way connected to the QB Admin. I'm a host only, no more, no less. The gallery is something I handle, unrelated to the QB. I pretty much stick to the boom swap, the UFO board and if I'm lucky, another person's swap here and there. I rarely have time to go anywhere else on the QB so I never see a lot of what you all may find. Please post here or email it so I have a chance to see it. Thanks! FYI, the quilt must pre-date Boom 11 as I've never had a group named Atlanta. If someone finds the pic, post it here, 200kb or smaller, and I'll add it.
Originally Posted by Libster
Janice, jclinganrey posted a picture of her Boom 13 Atlanta group finished quilt under the Pictures section. She said she'd like to get it added to the gallery. It is a soft colored, beautiful quilt.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:45 AM

You are welcome! And just send tracking when you get it. I have no concerns yours won't arrive on time. . I must also get to the PO. I've got two pkgs, shoot, no, three, that must go out tomorrow. Life just jumps up and gets in the way sometimes.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra
...Janice I intended to mail on Fri but didn't get to the PO I will have Gary send on Mond for sure. Oh and thanks for putting the quilt in the finished album.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:13 AM

Kass love your work!! Jaba congrats on your news of a grandson!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:08 AM

I just finished up my last block! I am so excited to see some of the completed quilts. I will mail tomorrow! Here are the blocks for Joanelizbay, Marija, Marlenab, MonaG and Sewbizgirl.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582290[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom-19_joanelizbay.jpg   boom-19_marija.jpg   boom-19_marlenab.jpg   boom-19_monag.jpg   boom-19_sewbizgirl.jpg  

Old 10-15-2017, 12:20 PM

Great blocks Jayne.

Jaba im living vicariously through you on the grandchild front. Enjoy.

kass your quilt inspired me to watch a stack and whack video. Do you need a special ruler for this?

I have been working on the first of three Day of the Dead quilts. I have had so much fun embroidering and FMQ in the blocks. Will post pictures soon. I did suns in I think Sewbizgirl's. A tiny medallion in another block and lots of flowers.