Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 10-25-2017, 05:10 AM

Oh darn I will be at my Mom’s when the package arrives. I can hardly wait to see these blocks.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:56 AM

You are welcome, Sewbiz. And there are some mornings I am nothing without my cuppa Joe. This morning it got me up and moving. One package is done and I'm working on the other but I've got an appointment so the rest will have to wait. Still shooting for Friday but Thursday is def looking better. Printer's low on ink so we'll see if it'll throw a hitch in Thursday's plan.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
THANK YOU, Janice! Really liking your new avatar, too.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:43 AM

I love the quilts sewbizgirl. You are so quick and the quilts turn out beautifully. I'm hoping I can do that with the Hawaiian blocks.

We appreciate you Janice.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 AM

So, appt cancelled and I've been able to finish up everything but sealing the packages and labeling them. The only hitch was going back and forth with Marlenab by email about the postage I didn't think she'd included. She's telling me to look IN the large return envelope, I keep looking for a label on the outside. Oh, for heavens sake. There it was, INSIDE, just like she told me twice, at least. See, that's what happens when i get in a hurry and try to do too many things at once. Anyway, I've had a belly laugh at myself for the day so that's not a bad thing.

Barring complications, they'll go tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:56 AM

Sewbiz, they did well w/ their quilts, did they have fun? Will they be up to doing it again? Your quilt is awesome as usual.

Janice, it is good to laugh at ourselves every once in a while. Your organizational skills are impressive. Thanks so much for hosting this swap. Now that the hard work is all but done do we get to see the red / white blocks?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:33 PM

My organizational skills are pretty good, I will say that. But apparently this afternoon I was incapable of reading. Lol.

So, yes, once I get the packages out, I'm going to press the red and white blocks. I'm not sure if how you all pulled off the surprise so I didn't mention anything on line. Since you have, I guess it's ok. I'll post pix soon. Thank you to everyone who sent me a block. My heart is full.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Sewbiz, they did well w/ their quilts, did they have fun? Will they be up to doing it again? Your quilt is awesome as usual.

Janice, it is good to laugh at ourselves every once in a while. Your organizational skills are impressive. Thanks so much for hosting this swap. Now that the hard work is all but done do we get to see the red / white blocks?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
So, appt cancelled and I've been able to finish up everything but sealing the packages and labeling them. The only hitch was going back and forth with Marlenab by email about the postage I didn't think she'd included. She's telling me to look IN the large return envelope, I keep looking for a label on the outside. Oh, for heavens sake. There it was, INSIDE, just like she told me twice, at least. See, that's what happens when i get in a hurry and try to do too many things at once. Anyway, I've had a belly laugh at myself for the day so that's not a bad thing.

Barring complications, they'll go tomorrow.
And she caused me to burst out laughing at work when I read her email when she finally found it. Which in turn caused my co-worker and boss to think I had done lost my marbles!

She did say "well concealled cash", didn't she? lol Needless to say, she sure brightened my day.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Marlenab
And she caused me to burst out laughing at work when I read her email when she finally found it. Which in turn caused my co-worker and boss to think I had done lost my marbles!

She did say "well concealled cash", didn't she? lol Needless to say, she sure brightened my day.

LOL Yes, she did specify "well concealed" cash inside. LOL I guess Janice just didn't envision it being that well concealed! Good job.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC

So, yes, once I get the packages out, I'm going to press the red and white blocks. I'm not sure if how you all pulled off the surprise so I didn't mention anything on line. Since you have, I guess it's ok. I'll post pix soon. Thank you to everyone who sent me a block. My heart is full.
I think you should know that Terriamn masterminded those block gifts for you. She contacted us all and asked if we would like to make a red and white 'hostess gift' block. Someone nearly spilled the beans in the thread, but Terri covered it up masterfully! Thank you Terri, for spearheading that great idea.

Can't wait to see the red/whites!
Old 10-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Thanks, Kass. I think they did have fun. Their favorite part seemed to be when we got our blocks back and sat and looked at them all. I felt like it was Christmas, myself! I think they will want to do it again one day, but not as a regular thing. Most of them are used to doing simple, quick patterns for charity quilts, and these were a lot more work. I'm so glad they tried it, tho, and now we all have a keepsake friendship quilt from each other.