Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 11-17-2017, 07:49 AM

Turned out great. Sewbiz
Old 11-17-2017, 07:59 AM

Love the red centers! Great quilt!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:49 AM

Sewbizgirl, what a great finish! Love the blocks but the red centers really make it special. TFS.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Here is the shirts quilt for my son that I showed you part of before... and this is the quilt I was asking about with the questions about inserted sashing batting. It's finally done!

I posted it in the Pictures section, with more pics.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Thank you!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Had a shock this afternoon. The company I worked for and dh still works there gave out turkeys on Monday then today had a meeting. They announced the entire production department would be laid off. Only my husband and his department will remain. So sad for my friends but so thankful dh won’t have to move to Chicago.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Had a shock this afternoon. The company I worked for and dh still works there gave out turkeys on Monday then today had a meeting. They announced the entire production department would be laid off. Only my husband and his department will remain. So sad for my friends but so thankful dh won’t have to move to Chicago.
Did they think the turkey would soften the blow?
Old 11-17-2017, 03:30 PM

So sorry to hear that Terri..keep hoping things will get better for America but its sad they had to move, esp to Chicago!
I had that stress years ago when the Training Sch for Boys switched to Boonville Correctional Center and noone knew who would keep their job or be let go. I was lucky enough to get to stay! Bad time of year to announce layoffs isnt it?
Old 11-17-2017, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Here is the shirts quilt for my son that I showed you part of before... and this is the quilt I was asking about with the questions about inserted sashing batting. It's finally done!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583962[/ATTACH]

I posted it in the Pictures section, with more pics.
Sewbiz, this is fabulous! I have a co-worker who lost her husband at the beginning of the school year. Your quilt motivated met to reach out to her and offer to make a memory quilt for her when she is ready to go through her hubby's stuff.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW
Sewbiz, this is fabulous! I have a co-worker who lost her husband at the beginning of the school year. Your quilt motivated met to reach out to her and offer to make a memory quilt for her when she is ready to go through her hubby's stuff.
That is wonderful, Jayne... It will mean so much to her.

When my sister in law died last year, I offered to take some of her clothes and make memory quilts for each of her siblings that wanted one. They looked at me like I had three heads. Nothing was ever said about it again, and no one ever took me up on it. Strange, strange family.

Terri, so sorry about the layoffs. Seems heartless to be told that right before the holidays. Glad your hubby was spared.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:15 PM

Rainy cold day here in Missouri..good day to catch up on some stuff. I made another Carpenter Star center piece and made all the blocks for it. Had a hard time finding the purple from connecting threads but finally found someone who had it in her stash..thank heavens! Just got binding on it. 2nd is my grandson Logans cardinals quilt for his new room. Now to get him to sleep in the room! LOL The 3rd picture is my last remaining Carpenter Star. Im sending out the blue and the flowered in the next swap. Then Ill have orange, blue, purple and this one for charity quilts! Next project is going to be a r/w/b patriotic if I can find a pattern I like...Have a great Thanksgiving!
Attached Thumbnails purple-star-1.jpg   purple-star.jpg   logan-cardinal.jpg   blue-carpenter.jpg