Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 07-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

Perish the thought of eating Kass' chickens!
Old 07-04-2017, 07:40 PM

Jayne a Christmas quilt will be very special. I hope to do one in the near future. Which colors you choose is up to what you like. Do you prefer a more controlled look then you want less colors to be used
Old 07-05-2017, 05:56 AM

I was considering doing a christmas quilt but didn't know if it was appropriate to send holiday fabrics. Maybe I'll do that for my next boom.

Love doing christmas quilts so I'm going to love doing your block, Jayne!

Originally Posted by JayneW
Good morning boomers!

Here is my fabric for the swap! I'm excited to make my first Christmas quilt! I'm not entirely sure what "requests" I'm going to make... probably just to use shades of green and red from the fabric. What I'm not sure is if I should also include white? Thoughts?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:16 AM

Good morning, Autumners... Autumnites (no, that reminds me of Marmite), Autumnians? Autumniacs? Oh, dear. I had to pick Autumn, didn't I?

Anyway, Autumn, Hope you all had a lovely Independence Day. I'm not sure how many of my neighbors had fireworks last night but if only half of them shot them off, it would still have been too much. My poor old dog was beside herself.

Today I'm getting back up to speed on emails and posts. I think emails are handled. I want to thank everyone for replying to my 7/1 email. Hav4Boys, I have resent yours. Your name and email are correct on the original email so obviously it went off somewhere in to cyberspace. Please check your email today and reply so I know we are 5x5. I've rec'd word that at 8 packages are on their way, including 4 that will arrive today. Way to go!

MJP and JayneW, beautiful fabrics both. I'm about to add them to the gallery. And MJP, I'll see that a newbie gets your Day of the Dead fabric.

Marcialee, I'll take a pic of the fabric when it arrives and add it to the gallery.

I am totally freaked out by the mention of eating Kassaundra's chickens. Perish the thought is right, Sewbiz! It never occurred to me that they might be anything other than pets. I don't want to know.

Klaws, the dolls are incredibly lovely. I cannot imagine the hours it must take to create them.

LJDugas, my DH had triple hernia surgery a couple of months ago. We knew he had 2, the 3rd was a surprise. It was amazing how fast he healed and his words after a couple of days were if he didn't know he'd had surgery, he wouldn't know. Hope your DH is as lucky.

Couple of general things...remember as you post pix, try to keep them to 200kb or smaller. When you begin posting pix of your blocks, please be sure to tell us who they belong too. You all will probably know but as I'm not actually swapping this time, when I start moving pix to the gallery (a multi step process), a name will aid tremendously. It's very easy for me to post them with the wrong name at the beginning so please help me out with the block owner's name.

Guess that's it for now. Thanks to everyone for joining. The fun will really begin for me this afternoon when the fabrics arrive. I get to oooh and ahhhh.

I will confirm the receipt of every package of F8s I receive by email. FYI, email is always better for me. I reply to it much faster than PM's so if you need to reach me, please use email if at all possible. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-05-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:35 AM

Marlenab, whatever you want to send is ok. You would just have to remember that the block maker can make any block they'd like to make with it.
Originally Posted by Marlenab
I was considering doing a christmas quilt but didn't know if it was appropriate to send holiday fabrics. Maybe I'll do that for my next boom.

Love doing christmas quilts so I'm going to love doing your block, Jayne!
Old 07-05-2017, 06:55 AM

MJP love love your fabric
Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 AM

Klaws your dolls are fantastic, can't believe all the detailed work, you must have a ton of patience
Old 07-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments on my dolls. I haven't made one since I started quilting. Maybe I can combine the two somehow. Whadyathink??
I mailed my package today and sent an email to Janice with the tracking number. Estimated delivery is Friday. Anxiously waiting to start.
Kass, your chickens are adorable. The poor things do look cold.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Libster
klaws, your dolls are wonderful! Now that is talent!
Beautiful dolls, Klaws.

Libster, could you please share the name of your avatar. It is lovely.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by annt59
Beautiful dolls, Klaws.

Libster, could you please share the name of your avatar. It is lovely.

Thank you for the compliment! I named it Pinwheel Hearts, Ann. I know, really creative, right?? LOL Joanelizbay sent some gorgeous fabric for her F8s in the last Boom. I couldn't stand the thought of chopping it up so I decided to make a block with as large pieces as possible. When I finished making the windmill, it looked so plain that I decided to dress it up a little. I kinda' like the way it turned out. I've turned the hearts both ways, but I think I like this way best This block does show off that gorgeous fabric.