Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 19 Sign-Ups Now Open!  :)  Close 6/30/17 >
  • BOOM 19 Sign-Ups Now Open! :) Close 6/30/17

• BOOM 19 Sign-Ups Now Open! :) Close 6/30/17

Old 07-01-2017, 05:27 AM

Default Corrected summer list

Geez, never fails. Despite checking and rechecking these posts before I hit submit, I find a goof after the editing time. Let me correct the Summer member list below. Thank you!

Summer, Two month group: 13

MonaG
    Libster - Double
    GramE - Double
    Terriamn - Double
    Sewbizgirl - Double
    Joanellzbay - Double
    Jaba - Double
    NanaKathy55 - Double
    LJDugas - Double

Bootsy
    Hav4Boys - Double
    Quilt Addict
    **All2pieces**

Autumn, Three month group: 20

Bibliostone
    MonaG
    Klaws
    Libster
    Terriamn
    Sewbizgirl
    MJPEncinitas
    Joanellzbay
    Jaba
    Kassaundra
    Mollymunchkin
    Marcialee
    NanaKathy55
    LJDugas
    Marija
    Cheesehead
    Hav4Boys
    Marleneab
    JayneW
    Annt59

Summer has 13 members, 9 of whom wish to double up. Those who are Not doubling up will send me 12 F8s and will have 12 blocks made for them. Those who Aare doubling up will send me 19 F8s and will have 19 blocks made for them. For those who are paying attention, we have exceeded the max number of people in a group since the doublers are counted twice. There will be a few extra F8s with nowhere to go - except into my sewing room so I'll be "forced" (read that as Thrilled) to make a few blocks for you. Yay!

Autumn has 20 members and you will send me 19 F8s and you will receive 19 blocks back.

I'm working on the Summer and Autumn dedicated threads this morning and then I'm going to send out an email to everyone later today with my contact info, rules, shipping into, etc. (Please Do Not ship prior to Monday, July 3.) All F8s are due to me by Tuesday, July 18. In the event they all arrive early, I will ship them out to you early.

Back to work!

As usual, if anyone spots an error, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-10-2017 at 04:43 AM. Reason: shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 07-01-2017, 07:41 AM

Yea!! My package is just sitting here, waiting for Monday morning. I am so ready!
    Old 07-01-2017, 08:04 AM
    Power Poster

Mine is ready too! Can't wait to send it off... Hope all the packages come in early so we can get them right back and start playing.

Yaaaayyy!

Traveling Grandma, sorry you aren't playing this time around. Please do visit and chat!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-10-2017 at 04:44 AM. Reason: shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 07-01-2017, 08:09 AM

Mine too! Ready to go!!!!
    Old 07-01-2017, 08:09 AM

Default *Laughing at myself yet again...*

Remember how a few days ago I said the doubling up confuses me? Well, once again it's happened. Despite the number of people who want to double up, the max number of blocks anyone can make is 19. The doublers are sending a total of 19 F8s, 7 more than the non-doublers, and there are 9 who wish to double up so the group is totally covered and I won't need to make any blocks at all. Something kept nagging at me and I was right to listen. Amazing how Boom after Boom, I make the same mistake. *laughing at myself* yet again!

Summer, you're all set sending 19. Cool!
    Old 07-01-2017, 08:17 AM

Janice, thanks for all the hard work you do to make this run so smoothly (on our end anyway). My F8th are bagged, tagged and ready to go.

I had a project I wanted to finish before the boom started, so yesterday with just hours to spare, I finished this. I used the strip QAYG method and it worked wonderfully.
    Attached Thumbnails dscf4665.jpg  
    Old 07-01-2017, 08:37 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Remember how a few days ago I said the doubling up confuses me? Well, once again it's happened. Despite the number of people who want to double up, the max number of blocks anyone can make is 19. The doublers are sending a total of 19 F8s, 7 more than the non-doublers, and there are 9 who wish to double up so the group is totally covered and I won't need to make any blocks at all. Something kept nagging at me and I was right to listen. Amazing how Boom after Boom, I make the same mistake. *laughing at myself* yet again!
    I still don't follow how you do it with the doubling... but that's ok! I'm glad I don't have to know! I'm confused enough with regular life. (Just glad the block making doesn't confuse me.)

Molly Munchkin, that's an Awesome bookshelf quilt!

Argh, time for a new keyboard! My "L"s are sticking so everytime I type 'quilt' I get 'quit', unless I go back and bang on the L key....

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-10-2017 at 04:44 AM. Reason: shouting/ all CAPS
    Old 07-01-2017, 09:15 AM

Sewbiz, if it were a true double up situation where I didn't have a maximum number of blocks a person could make, there would have been a problem. But the max F8s you can send is 19 so it's covered. Some may not know that I hold the swap to a group of 20, meaning 19 blocks for others and one you can make for yourself. In the past it had a lot more people in it and was handled quite differently. There are people who don't want to commit to 40 blocks so my limit is 19 per group but you can join both if you chose.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    I still don't follow how you do it with the doubling... but that's ok! I'm glad I don't have to know! I'm confused enough with regular life. (Just glad the block making doesn't confuse me.)...
    Should have the dedicated threads up in a couple of hours. Will post the links here. When the group threads go up, please switch posting to those threads. That doesn't mean you cannot post in the other group, but it does mean that when it comes to Boom business, those things that affect only one group will be posted in that group's thread. For instance, when you post pix of the blocks you make, please post them in the appropriate group. Thanks!
    Old 07-01-2017, 09:17 AM

MM, you are welcome! The bookcase quilt is grand. Great work.
    Originally Posted by mollymunchkin
    Janice, thanks for all the hard work you do to make this run so smoothly (on our end anyway). My F8th are bagged, tagged and ready to go.

I had a project I wanted to finish before the boom started, so yesterday with just hours to spare, I finished this. I used the strip QAYG method and it worked wonderfully.
    Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 AM

Mine are packaged and ready to go. Just need to enclose postage and should be able to mail on Monday. Let the fun begin!!