Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Mona your trash to treasure is fantastic.Not sure how many booms I have participated in but a lot. I look forward to each and every block and have fun searching for what I hope is a great block for your fabricI also mainly quilt for charity but plan on putting together my boom quilts and quilting themHave 3 daughters and one son, 3 granddaughters and 2 grandsons. All but 1 daughter and 3 grandkids live out of state 😞
Old 07-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

Mona, what a funny birdie you welded! Is he going to be a 'watchbird' for your front yard?

You are our own 'Rosie the Riveter'!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:11 PM

Thanks, it is a gift for a friend.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Happy Independence Day, Boomers! I'm back from my mini-vacation and will work on your emails tomorrow. I see that at least 8 packages of F8s are on the way so you all are really starting fast! More tomorrow...
Old 07-05-2017, 06:47 AM

Today I'm getting back up to speed on emails and posts. I think emails are handled. I want to thank everyone for replying to my 7/1 email. Hav4Boys, I have resent yours. Your name and email are correct on the original email so obviously it went off somewhere in to cyberspace. Please check your email today and reply so I know we are 5x5. I've rec'd word that at 8 packages are on their way, including 4 that will arrive today. Way to go!

Couple of general things...remember as you post pix, try to keep them to 200kb or smaller. When you begin posting pix of your blocks, please be sure to tell us who they belong too. You all will probably know but as I'm not actually swapping this time, when I start moving pix to the gallery (a multi step process), a name will aid tremendously. It's very easy for me to post them with the wrong name at the beginning so please help me out with the block owner's name.

Guess that's it for now. Thanks to everyone for joining. The fun will really begin for me this afternoon when the fabrics arrive. I get to oooh and ahhhh.

I will confirm the receipt of every package of F8s I receive by email. FYI, email is always better for me. I reply to it much faster than PM's so if you need to reach me, please use email if at all possible. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC
The fun will really begin for me this afternoon when the fabrics arrive. I get to oooh and ahhhh.
Luckeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 07-05-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Libster
My ECA Club also makes breast cancer pillows for our local hospital, along with chemo caps for patients. !
Thank you for making breast cancer pillows. I received one when I had my lumpectomy from my hospital and I cannot tell you how useful and comforting it was. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to thanks someone who actually makes them, so again, thank you!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by tscweaves
Thank you for making breast cancer pillows. I received one when I had my lumpectomy from my hospital and I cannot tell you how useful and comforting it was. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to thanks someone who actually makes them, so again, thank you!

You are so welcome. I'm just glad that something we can make was a comfort for you. I like to keep several here at home with me. When someone in our neighborhood needs one, I have them already made. I like to gift 2 of them, one for home and one for your car. Sure hope your surgery was a huge success and you're feeling great now.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:36 PM

That's awesome Libster! I could get into making those for the ladies here, do you have a pattern you can share or tell me where to buy it?
I haven't had to go through that myself but know ladies that have. I'm guilty of not even thinking about them or knowing if they actually helped. tcsweaves has made me a believer, now I know!!
Old 07-05-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaba
That's awesome Libster! I could get into making those for the ladies here, do you have a pattern you can share or tell me where to buy it?
I haven't had to go through that myself but know ladies that have. I'm guilty of not even thinking about them or knowing if they actually helped. tcsweaves has made me a believer, now I know!!

Send me a pm with your snail address and I'll put a copy in the mail for you tomorrow. Thanks for being interested in them. There is a tremendous need for them out there. I don't understand why some medical company has not started making them. We donate ours to the Oncology Dept. at our local hospital. They love them.
Stock up on some good muslin for the pillows and some flannel for the pillowcases. Poly stuffing is what we use to stuff them with. JoAnn's coupons would be good for that.