Boom 19 - Summer

Old 09-09-2017, 11:52 AM

I draw out my own patterns most of the time, and for odd shaped pieces (or fussy cutting, or trying to figure out if I can get enough repeats from an f8) I use freezer paper. Easy to press in place and lift and use again.
Originally Posted by bootsy
Hi Ladies Talk about being ahead. I friend of mine stopped by and asked me if I wanted quilting patterns from her that her grandmother had from many years ago. They are beautiful hard to read instructions but all I needed was how to cut pieces out which I can figure. Can't wait for the next boom to make. These patterns were stored in her grandmothers attic Lord only knows for how long. Should be interesting.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Great idea many thanks Kass
Old 09-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bootsy
Hi Ladies Talk about being ahead. I friend of mine stopped by and asked me if I wanted quilting patterns from her that her grandmother had from many years ago. They are beautiful hard to read instructions but all I needed was how to cut pieces out which I can figure. Can't wait for the next boom to make. These patterns were stored in her grandmothers attic Lord only knows for how long. Should be interesting.
Oh nice, Bootsy! Are they 12.5" blocks? If they are a little smaller you can always add a frame around them to make them 12.5". That sounds like something fun to play with.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 AM

Hi ladies, I haven't forgotten you. Been busy these last few days. Looks like Irma is tracking more west, for now, so it might be easier on us. FYI, pix to the gallery are on hold. Having trouble renewing my anti-virus software and my laptop cannot be used until it's straightened out. Very odd.

A2P, I'm thrilled you got out with your daughter. Two sets of friends are riding it out on the southern west coast of FL. I'm worried for them. One has a marine-related business and they aren't going to leave I believe. Hope everyone else here is safe from the fires and Irma.

Take it easy.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Yes they are all for 12.5" blocks thank God Should be fun I was glad she offered them to me now I will have them for the next boom and will be different
Old 09-13-2017, 06:00 AM

Here's an update on the blocks I've received so far from the Summer group's members.

All2Pieces - Received
Bootsy - Received
GramE - Received

Hav4Boys
Jaba - Received
Joanelizbay - Received
Libster – Received
LJDugas - Received
MonaG - Received

NanaKathy55
Quilt Addict - Received
Sewbizgirl - Received
Terriamn - Received

This round, we have a couple of extenuating circumstances. NanaKathy55 is in the path of Irma and Hav4boys may have an unavoidable delay in shipping. All blocks are due in my hands one week from today so please mail in time for them to arrive by then, if possible. NanaKathy55 and Hav4boys, I'm sending emails/pms to each of you today. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

I'll let everyone know what's happening as I learn of it. Thanks for your understanding.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:55 PM

Quick FYI, Hav4boys will be mailing by this weekend. .

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Here's an update on the blocks I've received so far from the Summer group's members.

All2Pieces - Received
Bootsy - Received
GramE - Received

Hav4Boys
Jaba - Received
Joanelizbay - Received
Libster – Received
LJDugas - Received
MonaG - Received

NanaKathy55
Quilt Addict - Received
Sewbizgirl - Received
Terriamn - Received

This round, we have a couple of extenuating circumstances. NanaKathy55 is in the path of Irma and Hav4boys may have an unavoidable delay in shipping. All blocks are due in my hands one week from today so please mail in time for them to arrive by then, if possible. NanaKathy55 and Hav4boys, I'm sending emails/pms to each of you today. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

I'll let everyone know what's happening as I learn of it. Thanks for your understanding.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I draw out my own patterns most of the time, and for odd shaped pieces (or fussy cutting, or trying to figure out if I can get enough repeats from an f8) I use freezer paper. Easy to press in place and lift and use again.

I had a pattern in my baggie from you last time. It is a template for what I don't remember. If you remember, could you email me a pick? I keep looking at it & have no idea what it is saying to me.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:58 AM

Pretty sure that was the paper pieced parts of the ribbon star block.
Originally Posted by GramE
I had a pattern in my baggie from you last time. It is a template for what I don't remember. If you remember, could you email me a pick? I keep looking at it & have no idea what it is saying to me.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Pretty sure that was the paper pieced parts of the ribbon star block.
Thank you. ❤️