Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

• Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Old 01-19-2018, 09:27 AM

I will be on vacation until the 27th so I will not get mine until I get home. No worries though, my MIL will be getting the mail for us.
    Old 01-19-2018, 12:26 PM

Yea!!! Can't wait to get started. I need to finish binding three quilts this weekend so I'm ready to start on these blocks next week.
    Old 01-19-2018, 01:11 PM

For others like digitally-challenged me:

I have no idea why I never got there in many tries from the link! I went to Janice's profile, wrote the Weebly addy on a post-it, went to the gallery site, created a desk-top short cut. Now, 1-click gratification!

FYI and hohoho: One nephew works for Apple as a developer and another is in IT management at a national investment company. Both seem to think I'm hopeless!

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Jealous!! Hope Quail's wayward package arrives today.

Terri, about the gallery link: Sometimes is appears as a live link (in blue) for me, and sometimes not (in black). I think it's a QB issue....

Last edited by AnnieQuilts; 01-19-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    Old 01-19-2018, 06:17 PM

Oh, I'm not killing myself. In fact. I'm done! All except printing the labels and applying them, that is. That's the easy part. Some of the packages were really a pain but let me tell you, the fact that everyone used smaller ziplock-type bags helped a great deal! So much less plastic to maneuver. Also folding your f8s so they fit the baggie across the width rather than sticking up more vertically was key. I changed a few and it helped a lot. Boy, what I could tell you all about packing these bags up. Anyway, tracking numbers will go out in the morning once I print the labels.

And here are my f8s that were mailed in today's group:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]587373[/ATTACH]
    I had a "minor" problem with my original fabrics, the floral in teals/blue/green so only 6 of them were salvageable without a lot of work on your part (one color bled terribly) so I switched gears at the last minute.

Everyone whose package goes out tomorrow will find an "ugly grey" I had some Booms back. You can pretty much do whatever you want with them, though nothing juvenile please.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]587374[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Janice good grief don’t kill your self trying to get all our packages out. Sure we can all wait one day.

Sewbiz I have found the only active link( in blue) is Janice’s first post. Now that I know where to look will be able to get into gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails jjfabrics.jpg   jjfabrics-greys.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2018, 06:50 PM

Sometimes I see things that aren't what they are supposed to be. Janice, I had to laugh at the second blue flower picture. The brownish/gold feathery thing in the center looks like a Dr. Seuss character from Whoville. I see feather hair, a nose and a mouth. Does anyone else see it???
    Old 01-19-2018, 07:30 PM

I do now!!!! lol! That's the fabric that was partially ruined so nobody will be getting little Cindy Lou Who...

QUOTE=klaws;7986252]Sometimes I see things that aren't what they are supposed to be. Janice, I had to laugh at the second blue flower picture. The brownish/gold feathery thing in the center looks like a Dr. Seuss character from Whoville. I see feather hair, a nose and a mouth. Does anyone else see it??? [/QUOTE]
    Old 01-19-2018, 07:53 PM

I absolutely do, and it looks like he is talking to the grey Dr Seuss character facing him.
    Originally Posted by klaws
    Sometimes I see things that aren't what they are supposed to be. Janice, I had to laugh at the second blue flower picture. The brownish/gold feathery thing in the center looks like a Dr. Seuss character from Whoville. I see feather hair, a nose and a mouth. Does anyone else see it???
    Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 PM
    Power Poster

Too bad your blue fabrics bled, Janice. They sure are pretty! I like the gray on the left, too. Interesting fabric. So excited to get my fabrics next week!
    Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 PM

Ok. Packages are ready and sitting by the front door. I couldn’t stop until I was completely done.

Have you all heard about USPS Informed Delivery? I’m not sure if it’s available everywhere but you should check it out. You sign up at Usps.com and you are sent info and/or pictures of your incoming mail and packages. I’ve got it now. It’s accurate most of the time. I’m notified there are parcels coming in and I can go to one location to see their progress. It might be worth your time to look at it. If you have a problem with mail disappearing from your mailbox, you’ll be able to see a pic of what will be delivered that day. Might be worth a look.
    Old 01-20-2018, 05:51 PM

Monday the F8s will begin to be delivered. I hope you’re ready. It’s about to get a bit crazy around here.