Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

• Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 05-07-2018, 04:37 PM

On the way home from work today I stopped at the fabric store ......................................... just to look. I usually do a quick pass through the upholstery / home dec / drapery section sometimes I find cool unusual fabrics that will work for a neck tie for Gary. Today I found an awesome cork fabric, not pictures of cork, real cork made into a fabric, it also has some gold leafing. It is thick not sure how I am going to make it into a tie but I had to get a small piece to try (small b/c it was pretty pricey) You want to hear the funny part of this true story. In Gary's travels today he found a neck tie he liked and bought, you won't believe the picture print on this tie .................................................. ........................ wine corks!!!!!! lol lol lol (He thought they were books)
    Old 05-07-2018, 05:18 PM

Joanelizbay and Jaba, beautiful quilts. Jaba, I'm amazed at how quickly you work.

Feedback has finally been left. I gave everyone in Boom 20 positive feedback. Thank you so very much for your efforts this round, both Quail and Hummingbird folks. I saw blocks made by several people who really improved their construction and it's such a pleasure when that happens. Thank you! And then there are the repeat Boomers who consistently show their fine skills in their blocks. As always, it's a pleasure. Well, really, this round was one of my greatest pleasures. It was so smooth and easy for me most of the time.
    Old 05-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Jaba and Joan, both of your quilts are gorgeous!
    I have my F8s ready to go too. Just waiting for the word.
    Old 05-07-2018, 05:39 PM

Joan, love your quilt! It turned out beautiful and it should get lots of money to either group you decide to donate it to.
    Fabric ready to go for the next Boom???? I better get my rear in gear and decide on something. I think I already bought some for the groups but I need to look some more, maybe that was left in Florida
    Going to sew the name tag on the Christmas quilt tonight and then it will be done! I'm really trying to not have any UFO's at this house, had too many that needed to be quilted, etc.
    My customer is picking up her king size quilt tomorrow and that will be gone too. Then I have 5 more from a year or two ago that a lady is picking up for donation to cancer patients that are low income. Love to give these to her so they can use. Tomorrow, I'll look and see if I have fabric for the next Booms!!!
    Old 05-07-2018, 06:07 PM

Joan, your quilt looks fantastic! Very cool fabric!!
    Old 05-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Joan, great quilt hope it raises lots of money.

Kassandra when we were in Portugal years ago I bought a cork purse. They have tons of cork trees there and make many products out of it besides the corks for our wine. I’m surprised it took so long to catch on here.

Good luck on the tie, be sure to share a picture with us. Funny that Gary thought the corks were books.
    Old 05-08-2018, 05:41 AM

I just got the ok for Boom 21. I’ll post sign-ups on the 15th and a link here and on Hummingbird as well. Spread the word! Those of you who are interested, get ready. I’ve got to get this one going fast or I’ll run up against a wall of unworkable dates at the end. No changes to the basic format except that everyone will be required to check in either online or directly with me weekly. Zero exceptions. If something comes up and you cannot keep in touch, you’ll need to get word to me so make a plan for that contingency. Thanks and be looking for signups on the 15th.
    Old 05-08-2018, 07:08 AM
    Power Poster

Great quilt, Joan! Hope it raises some good money!

I have one group of Boom 21 fabrics ready to go... not sure if I will join both groups again this time. Still thinking about it. The fabric I have bagged includes an extra piece of coordinated fabric to use with my main fabric.

I plan to start sign ups for the next 9 patch swap on the 15th too... so be thinking if you might want to do that. The last one was so much fun. Just need to clear it with PatriceJ.
    Old 05-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Here are my blocks laid out. Thanks again everyone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594170[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dd19766e-720e-4155-8bc4-6bbc5c6a68cb.jpeg  
    Old 05-08-2018, 07:25 AM

Very nice Terri, they look great together, mine looks like what happens when you've had "one too many" lol

Sewbiz is your intent for us to use only your fabrics or your two and add ours?