Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

• Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-27-2018, 08:07 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by D.Henson
    Sewbiz: That is a great block. I took a screen shot to help me remember this block. It is very clean looking. The colors work together beautifully.
    Thank you, D.... it's from the book, Around the Block Again by Judy Hopkins. It's called Boxes.
    Old 01-27-2018, 09:17 PM

Beautiful blocks everyone. Great first block Henson love the colors. Love the fireworks quilt and the odd triangles on the Star Wars travelinggramma. Love the colors in the box block too. The blocks are turning out beautifully
    Old 01-27-2018, 09:34 PM

Here is the Carrie Nation block for quiltermomma. I’ve decided to count this as all three of my pieced blocks as I took this apart and put it back together three times to make sure it was 12 1/2 “ and the points matched well enough. I hope this is the type of fabric you are looking for.

My stash is mostly orange, fuschia and purple. This was the only fabric I had that seemed to fit the bill. The fabric is more subdued than appears in the picture.

How you ladies make those fantastic blocks with all the triangle points that match is beyond me. It’s a good thing I only do three pieced blocks each boom. Maybe by the time we are on boom 45 I’ll have the piecing figured out.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]587891[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails c3fcf3db-26bd-46f4-b1d3-09f6b0c8b462.jpeg  
    Old 01-27-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    LOL,

Marti Michell makes all her templates for a whole quarter inch seam, not scant, so you are in good company, Kass!
    In November I went into a quilt store that has the most exquisite fabric. I’m usually pretty good about not buying too much, but I came out of there with fabric and Martie Mitchell templates and book. Below is the result. Looks pretty good huh? Except it’s only 12 1/4 “ square. . I think I’ll probably use it anyway.

It also has the green fabric I bought at Joann’s which turned out to be a cotton/ polyester blend. Upon Kass’s advice I used it and it worked fine.

Its easier for for me to do a 17 piece bra applique or whole cloth FMQ then these pieced blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587892[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 1eae38ec-d51d-460a-ac27-d5391eab6033.jpeg  
    Old 01-27-2018, 11:14 PM

Mjp: I think your block to quiltermamma is great . I think the colors match nicely. The green and blue block is very cool.
    Old 01-27-2018, 11:48 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    Here is the Carrie Nation block for quiltermomma. I’ve decided to count this as all three of my pieced blocks as I took this apart and put it back together three times to make sure it was 12 1/2 “ and the points matched well enough. I hope this is the type of fabric you are looking for.

My stash is mostly orange, fuschia and purple. This was the only fabric I had that seemed to fit the bill. The fabric is more subdued than appears in the picture.

How you ladies make those fantastic blocks with all the triangle points that match is beyond me. It’s a good thing I only do three pieced blocks each boom. Maybe by the time we are on boom 45 I’ll have the piecing figured out.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]587891[/ATTACH]
    You pieced this perfectly! All of your intersections look great!
    Old 01-28-2018, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    You pieced this perfectly! All of your intersections look great!
    I agree. When I first saw the block you made, I thought you were showing a picture from a blog of a block that you would like to make.
    Old 01-28-2018, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by maudeflanagan
    I agree. When I first saw the block you made, I thought you were showing a picture from a blog of a block that you would like to make.
    I agree too! The first thing I look at is how the seams match, and yours are perfect!
    Old 01-28-2018, 06:36 AM

MJP, love both your blocks, you did an excellent job with the color choices and matching your seams
    Old 01-28-2018, 06:38 AM

Your not a "comfortable" piecer, yet you did a fussy cut, 8 point center, w/ 8 Y seams and ended up w/ a stunning pieced star that was only 1/4 inch off!!!!!!!! Give yourself a break, that pattern is an advanced level piecing job!!!!
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    In November I went into a quilt store that has the most exquisite fabric. I’m usually pretty good about not buying too much, but I came out of there with fabric and Martie Mitchell templates and book. Below is the result. Looks pretty good huh? Except it’s only 12 1/4 “ square. . I think I’ll probably use it anyway.

It also has the green fabric I bought at Joann’s which turned out to be a cotton/ polyester blend. Upon Kass’s advice I used it and it worked fine.

Its easier for for me to do a 17 piece bra applique or whole cloth FMQ then these pieced blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587892[/ATTACH]