Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

• Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-30-2018, 09:18 PM
    Power Poster

Cool butterfly block, Maude! Good job on those curved seams.

Speaking of butterfly fabric, I did find what I needed between Terri's leftovers and QuilterMomma's. Thanks ladies for helping me out.
    Old 01-31-2018, 04:02 AM

Great job, Maude . The curves are very smooth.
    Originally Posted by maudeflanagan
    I love coming to this thread. It always has pretty new blocks in it.
    The pineapple is gorgeous!

I have completed another block. This one is for Hav4boys. This is my first curved seam block. I hope you like it. It came out a bit more masculine than I anticipated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588109[/ATTACH]
    Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 AM

Great job Maude, those curves look perfect.
    Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 AM

Good morning, Quail. Hope everyone is having a pleasant morning so far. Did you have the opportunity to see the lunar eclipse? It was only partial here and obscured by clouds. I guess those to the west of us had a better viewing as the moon sunk below the horizon before totality. Maybe some of you will see it.

I big thank you goes out to everyone. Your blocks are wonderful, repeat boomers and newbies alike. You're doing a fine job. I love seeing all the blocks starting to come out of this group, especially since i cannot play with Quail's fabrics myself. And thank you for putting names to each block. That helps me greatly when it comes to moving them to the gallery. Woo, hoo!

Have a wonderful day, Quail. I hope you all find some stitching time today.
    Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 AM

Great job Maude, those curves can be tricky and yours look perfect

Kassandra hope you had a better night and today goes well

I am an insomniac, try not to take sleeping pills now that i’m Retired but you can see me wondering around the house at all hours of the night
    Old 01-31-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Billi
    Hi ladies I just caught up with all the blocks being shared. So many beauties I'm truly enjoying keeping tabs on you guys and seeing all the hard work and wonderful blocks being made.

Libster here are my blocks for you first is what I call boxed star and I swear that is a c.o.c. it's on the light side but it is creams.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588080[/ATTACH]

This next one I call checkered past this is not what I started with but it's what it became when seam matching was not happening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588081[/ATTACH]

Finally a bonus block of sorts that I call it almost worked [ATTACH=CONFIG]588082[/ATTACH]
    You will notice that there a a couple of strips of fabric hanging next to it well that because somehow I got something on the sides of the block that could not be removed It had to be cut away. I was going to add the darker cream border but thought that may be too scrappy for your vision. I didn't know if adding same cream would look the best and god knows I don't have any of your focus fabric left to make a border. So I thought I would send you options just in case you want to use this one too.
    Billi, absolutely gorgeous blocks! I love every single one of them. Just slap that light border on the third one and let 'er rip! I can certainly use it. Thank you so much for side swapping with me.
    Old 01-31-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    I wanted to share this... my husband got home last night and shared this with me. He designed a quilt square he thought I would like. I thought it was so sweet so now I need to make it.
    My husband has wanted to design quilts for me to make for a long time but I generally don't let him do it. The design part of the art is the favorite part for me and making the quilt takes so long. He has to make his own quilts if wants to design. He did design a landscape quilt and painted the fabric for me. I then made the quilt and used it in a workshop I took on how to FMQ landscape quilts. It turned out well.

He does like to do some artistic/craftsy stuff. His biggest successes are these big tikis he made with a chain saw. We have five of them in our yard.

Oddly enough we were working together on the design for hav4boys block last night. So you'll get a block partially designed by my husband.

My artist son (portraits) works on quilting design with me sometimes too. We designed a steampunk angel wall hanging for my youngest son. Haven't made that one yet.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-31-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Old 01-31-2018, 10:10 AM

Creativity certainly runs in your family. Lucky you! I look forward to your jointly designed block.
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    My husband has wanted to design quilts for me to make for a long time but I generally don't let him do it. The design part of the art is the favorite part for me and making the quilt takes so long. He has to make his own quilts if wants to design. He did design a landscape quilt and painted the fabric for me. I then made the quilt and used it in a workshop I took on how to FMQ landscape quilts. It turned out well.

He does like to do some artistic/craftsy stuff. His biggest successes are these big tikis he made with a chain saw. We have five of them in our yard.

Oddly enough we were working together on the design for hav4boys block last night. So you'll get a block partially designed by my husband.

My artist son (portraits) works on quilting design with me sometimes too. We designed a steampunk angel wall hanging for my youngest son. Haven't made that one yet.
    Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 PM

My oh my MJP how lucky to have a crafty family. Wish mine enjoyed making designs for me.
    Old 01-31-2018, 12:43 PM

I think anyone who joins these booms must be creative. You’re given 19 different fabrics, must select or make a design and then choose fabrics that complement the design. That certainly requires a lot of creativity. It’s not like getting a kit with fabric and making the kit. One is craft and the other tends toward art. Both are great. The Carrie nation block I made was honing my craft skills. I thought the palm tree block I made for Jaba last time was honing my artistry skills. I like both but I do enjoy the artistry part more.

Kassaundra is the epitome of creativity and I would certainly call her an artist, and the rest of us do pretty well too.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-31-2018 at 12:52 PM.