Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

• Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 02-17-2018, 05:21 AM

More great quilts Sewbiz, I see my block in the last one.
    Old 02-17-2018, 06:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your surgery Terriamn, I too have had that one done. Here is too a speedy recovery and knowing you won't have to have that pain anymore!
    Old 02-17-2018, 07:38 AM

Oh my Terri..Im so glad they got it taken out at home and not on vacation! Did it just happen all the sudden? I still have mine and hope it doesnt ever act up! Hope you are up and about real soon! ((((((hugs))))))
    Old 02-17-2018, 08:26 AM

Sewbiz, your 2 new quilts are so happy they make me smile! You sure work fast
    Old 02-17-2018, 08:39 AM

Oh those turned out great! How do you turn them out so fast? Do you spend lots of time quilting? Have quilted enough so you’re really fast? Use fast techniques?
    Old 02-17-2018, 09:01 AM

Sewbiz, Very nice quilts!!

Finally I've been back at my boom blocks!! Last night I made a practice Friendship Quilt block (from the Around the Block Again book ~ suggested by SBG). After trimming, my block was 12.25" - So I'm going to make another practice block today. Then hopefully, I will put out 2 more blocks.

I also bought Around the Block. Great suggestion SBG to buy Used books on Amazon. Both books were in great shape and I saved money!!

Happy Saturday everyone!
    Old 02-17-2018, 10:20 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by D.Henson
    Sewbiz, Very nice quilts!!

Finally I've been back at my boom blocks!! Last night I made a practice Friendship Quilt block (from the Around the Block Again book ~ suggested by SBG). After trimming, my block was 12.25" - So I'm going to make another practice block today. Then hopefully, I will put out 2 more blocks.

I also bought Around the Block. Great suggestion SBG to buy Used books on Amazon. Both books were in great shape and I saved money!!

Happy Saturday everyone!
    Could you let out a tiny bit on the seams to get it to size? Just a teeny bit will add up to that missing quarter inch pretty fast. That's what I'd try before making an entirely new block. Sew the new seam right next to the old one before you take the old seam out.

As for how fast my Boom 19 quilts came together: Remember I was just joining my stack of already-quilted blocks. It doesn't take all that long. I did all the work of sandwiching them, quilting them, and trimming them previously. So all I had to do was add the sashing pieces and border. Then bind. Once I did the first one I had all the sizes of the joining pieces figured out, so the next quilts were easy. I also decided to start using a much faster way of binding, for my donation quilts. I will sew the binding to the back, and then turn it and topstitch right close to the edge on the front. So much faster as it requires no pinning. And it looks pretty good, as long as the topstitch is straight and even and right on the edge. I'm happy with it! Takes about half the time of my old way of turning it to the back and pinning it extensively, all the way around.

Thank you for all the nice comments.
    Old 02-17-2018, 10:39 AM

Oh Sew 2 more lovely lap quilts I think that 3rd one is my favorite it's just makes me smile.

Well ladies that swapped with me thank you I was able to spend some time sewing again and able to get blocks for my quilts without having a commitment to big for me to handle. With luck I'll be fully participating in boom 21.

TG these are for you, I know we were only swapping 1 but.......... I was so excited to get an oversized piece of fabric so I could make the sunburst dresden [ATTACH=CONFIG]589260[/ATTACH]

It didn't come out exactly how I envisioned the blue fades in a bit too much but thankfully I had more to play with so a traditional dresden was next [ATTACH=CONFIG]589261[/ATTACH]. I hope you can use both of them,

Ladies I'll be mailing your blocks to you this coming week and again Thank you all for sharing your talents with me.
    Attached Thumbnails tg-sunburst-dresden-.jpg   tg-dresden.jpg  
    Old 02-17-2018, 11:53 AM
    Power Poster

Those are gorgeous, Billi!
    Old 02-17-2018, 12:45 PM

Billi, those are gorgeous! I finished up my last Quail blocks today. I'm sad that I have to wait for Boom 21 for more. Oh well, that's life. I guess I'll start putting together my churn dashes now.

These Ribbon Stars are for: Sewbiz and NanaKathy.
    Attached Thumbnails 101_0682b.jpg   101_0685a.jpg