Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >
  • Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

• Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 AM

Hello everyone. I’ve been out of town for several days but have just returned. First off, Terriamn, so glad your emergency surgery went so well. I hope you’ll take care of yourself and rest whenever possible. I’m happy you’re going to check on the bp soon. We want you to be a Boomer for a long, long time to come.

Second, while I was gone I was able to post many blocks to the gallery. Lovely, Boomers, just lovely. Everyone seems to be doing a splendid job and even the side-swap blocks are excellent. I’m so pleased you all are doing such a bang up job! Thank you!

I’m off...my sewing machine awaits.
    Old 02-18-2018, 12:22 PM

Here are the final blocks for Quail. Cant beleive its still 2-3 weeks till the 2 month group is due to janice and a lot of us already have both groups done! I sure do miss the booms while waiting for the next one to start!! I especially like Mollymunchkins and MJP's in these I made today.
    Attached Thumbnails mjp-encinitas-quail.jpg   mollymunchkin-quail.jpg   maudeflanagan-quail.jpg   lj-dugas-quail.jpg   jaba-quail.jpg  

kassandra-quail.jpg  
    Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 PM

Joan, pretty blocks! You done good! I know what you mean about waiting for the next Boom. I'm pretty sure I already have my fabric chosen for Boom 21.
    Old 02-18-2018, 01:21 PM

Joan, very nice blocks!! Love them all.

Finally I have 2 more blocks done. New block patterns for me.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]589349[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]589350[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 66ec8200-be37-4ff5-b112-53fe65469d13.png   fc1c0224-dbbf-4ecc-ba39-2ea21f02a454.jpeg  
    Old 02-18-2018, 02:08 PM

Billi - my mouth is wide open - two absolutely beautiful blocks. I am working on my cousins quilt -finished quilting and now getting sashing on. Your blocks are going to make awesome pillows . Will post when I get them all done. Thank you ever so much.
    Old 02-18-2018, 02:19 PM

D.Hensen, very pretty blocks. Well done. Don't you love it when you try a new pattern and it turns out well?
    Old 02-18-2018, 02:31 PM

Joan great blocks, especially mine, the colors are perfect. I also especially like the Star Wars block, it really works well w/ Molly's fabric.

D.Henson, awesome blocks, especially the cigar one those colors and that pattern really looks great w/ that fabric.

Blood pressure issues are real and dangerous. In addition to strokes like everyone thinks about, it can cause kidney failure requiring life long dialysis, or blindness. For sure don't put off getting it checked. I strongly encourage a blood pressure diary. A good quality automatic blood pressure cuff can be used but take your blood pressure several times a day and record it. In the morning before you get out of bed, in the morning after you have become active, mid day, evening and at night before bed at a minimum. This will be much more complete information and really help your Dr. w/ knowing whether you need meds, an idea for which ones and beginning dose ideas.
    Old 02-18-2018, 02:36 PM

For those w/ boom swap blues, there is a new swap just announced that I am considering playing in. I usually just lurk on the other QB swaps, but this one is farm animals, it may just lure me in. Check it out, it looks like it will be fun either way, a lurker or swapper.
    Old 02-18-2018, 02:55 PM

I've been eyeing that one too, Kass. Still trying to decide.
    Old 02-18-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Billi - my mouth is wide open - two absolutely beautiful blocks. I am working on my cousins quilt -finished quilting and now getting sashing on. Your blocks are going to make awesome pillows . Will post when I get them all done. Thank you ever so much.
    I am so pleased that you like them I can't wait to see a picture of the finished quilt and pillows. you are very welcome.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    For those w/ boom swap blues, there is a new swap just announced that I am considering playing in. I usually just lurk on the other QB swaps, but this one is farm animals, it may just lure me in. Check it out, it looks like it will be fun either way, a lurker or swapper.
    hahahahaha did you have to share this? cause now I'm seriously thinking about it cause it would make an awesome kids quilt. thinking........thinking.............I need to do some farm animal research you are trouble woman.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-22-2018 at 06:00 AM. Reason: language and all caps