Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-14-2017, 06:52 PM

Here's another newbie question!

In the WOW and WOC I use, the white has a slightly rough texture that makes it look like it was painted on. When I think of COC, it would be just two different creams in the print. If that isn't what you expect for COC, please explain it. A close up picture might help.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Old 12-14-2017, 07:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts

In the WOW and WOC I use, the white has a slightly rough texture that makes it look like it was painted on. When I think of COC, it would be just two different creams in the print. If that isn't what you expect for COC, please explain it. A close up picture might help.

Yes, most WOWs and WOCs are like that. The print 'stands up' on the surface of the fabric. That's why I really don't like it and only use it when requested for Boom blocks. If I'm not mistaken, COC is the same way.
    Old 12-14-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts

Hi and welcome to the Boom! This is a good question. If we clarify exactly what we're looking for now, all will be good afterward.
    What I call COC is just like you described the WOW, just a cream on cream instead. I would expect it to read as cream, no print. This is just my interpretation. Does anybody have a different interpretation of it?
    Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 PM

Thanks for your answers, but I've never seen that rough texture in cream, just white. Do you know who makes it, or an online store that has it?
    Old 12-15-2017, 01:47 AM

I can find it here at Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Mary Jo's. We don't have a local quilt shop anymore. I usually order online from Connecting Threads.
    Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Just a quick FYI that I'm going to be having my sons and one of their girlfriends here until after Christmas. I'll be somewhat less visible but I will be checking in. Anyone wishing to join the swap, please email me. Please review post #1 and follow the instructions. If anyone has a pressing question, again, email is best.

Those of you who have selected fabrics, post a pic if you like. I'll open the gallery up in a day or two for them. In the meantime, you can check out previous Boom swaps at boomerangswaps.weebly.com. The last two are available but I'll temporarily turn on a couple before that as well.

Have a lovely day!
    Old 12-15-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Billi if you check in thank you for the lovely card.

Terri

Hi Terri your welcome. {hug} If I lived closer I would bake for you too, but how awesome to have a neighborhood do it kind of restores some faith in humanity.

I Love the beer and cigar quilt idea. I scrolled through and saw so many familiar names I truly wish I could count on having my fabrics sent on time but since I can't I'm going to ask the group if anyone wants to do a side swap with me. there is already some great fabrics being shown that would be fun to work on. Hopefully at least of few of you will be interested in doing it.

Hi Kass I see you too glad your still here everytime I see chickens with clothes on I think of you.....and honestly it happens more often on the internet than one would think hahahaha

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-22-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: remove shouting
    Old 12-15-2017, 12:51 PM

Thank you, Libster. I found three possibilities at Connecting Treads.

Originally Posted by Libster
    I can find it here at Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Mary Jo's. We don't have a local quilt shop anymore. I usually order online from Connecting Threads.
    Old 12-15-2017, 01:27 PM

Good afternoon, Boomers. I've already gotten an email from a Boomer who is ready to go! I love the enthusiasm. As a reminder for repeat boomers and also for the newbies, shipping to me will have to wait until after the groups officially close. Early in January, I'll send an email with my address and shipping can start. Until then, be patient, and remember, F8s size is 18x10 at the smallest, no selvages. Please package your F8s with any requests you may have for it. Try to be clear and concise. And don't forget to put your name on each and every packet so that if (more like when) I goof and drop a few to the floor, I'll be able to know to whom they belong. Thanks!
    Old 12-15-2017, 07:42 PM

I just browsed through the "Boom 19 - Summer" thread, hoping to get an idea of what special requests might be appropriate. Ladies, your blocks are amazing! Looks like I won't need to make any requests!