Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-18-2017, 09:20 PM
    Power Poster

Great fabrics coming our way... And Givio, I love the churn dash! What a gorgeous setting. That floral stripe goes so well with your floral CDs.
    Old 12-19-2017, 01:01 AM

Givio, your churn dash is beautiful! That's the way I want to set my churn dashes too. I have two quilts to make for next Christmas for my nephews.
    Sewbiz, can I QAYG with this setting? I should be able to, just gotta' figure out those side triangles. Same method should apply, right?
    Old 12-19-2017, 04:30 AM

Libster, why couldn’t you QAYG the churndashes, put it all together, then echo quilt the triangles around the edge?
    Old 12-19-2017, 05:53 AM

Givio, this is a beautiful top. Love the on point setting and the border fabric, and...everything. Thanks for sharing!
    Originally Posted by givio
    ...I recently finished a Churn Dash quilt top. I thought about joining the CD swap, but they decided on WOW background fabric and I didn't have enough of that to make sets. I think I made only 4 or 5 blocks with a consistent background and all the other block backgrounds are mismatched bits and pieces, some even sewn together to make the WOW piece big enough for the pattern. I thought Kass might like to see a picture of it, as it seems that she likes using stripes. I used a Ginny Beyer large floral stripe for the setting triangles. I had to cut along the bottom of the stripe for the length of the triangle, and so also cut the reverse triangle on the top of the stripe. And what to do with the reverse triangles? Well, now I've cut more fabric for more CDs to make a second top...
    Old 12-19-2017, 05:56 AM

Gallery is open with pix back to Boom 16 and some new pix I found of Seasaw2mch's completed Boom 13 and 14 quilts as well as TG's recent finish.
    Old 12-19-2017, 07:20 AM
    Power Poster

Wow, hav4, that's a beautiful quilt. Is it yours?

Libster, you can QAYG with the on point setting. You would need to QAYG the setting triangles too and then put it all together. I did it with this quilt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585694[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_3066-small-.jpg  
    Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 AM

I found the perfect pattern for stripes... bring them on!
    Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 AM

Very nice quilt, awesome use of striped fabric.
    Originally Posted by givio
    I love dragonflies! Nice fabric!
    The Carpenter's Wheel would make a pretty center for a quilt!
    TG, yes, that is fun. It will be interesting to see what happens with that fabric!
    I recently finished a Churn Dash quilt top. I thought about joining the CD swap, but they decided on WOW background fabric and I didn't have enough of that to make sets. I think I made only 4 or 5 blocks with a consistent background and all the other block backgrounds are mismatched bits and pieces, some even sewn together to make the WOW piece big enough for the pattern. I thought Kass might like to see a picture of it, as it seems that she likes using stripes. I used a Ginny Beyer large floral stripe for the setting triangles. I had to cut along the bottom of the stripe for the length of the triangle, and so also cut the reverse triangle on the top of the stripe. And what to do with the reverse triangles? Well, now I've cut more fabric for more CDs to make a second top...
    Old 12-19-2017, 07:48 AM

SewBizGirl, it is not my quilt. It is a picture I found. I have an imagine in my head and want to see how it works. Blocks with one color framed by black. I think it will be a perfect quilt for one of the seniors at the care home. So excited to put my idea in a quilt. Now I have to wait. Patience is tough for me.
    Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 AM

Givio I’m so glad you joined the boom. I lurked in your round robin swap and it’s what convinced me to try the boom.

Here is my fabric. I think I got it at the thrift store. I did the burn test on it and my husband told me it smelled like paper and it was ashy so it should be cotton.

Really I’m sending this fabric just to see what Kass will do with it. I thought this fabric would be fun to work with. Lots of possibilities.[ATTACH=CONFIG]585696[/ATTACH]Ill ask for blues that match and white. Small amounts of black if you need another color. Hope you have fun with this one because that’s why I chose it. I have no idea where it will land when done.
    Attached Thumbnails 5f84931e-fb13-4e99-8799-ae5ecf428bb0.jpeg