Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-22-2017, 11:25 AM

Merry Christmas Billi. Congratulations on your new home! I don't know if I could ever move from central Missouri. My family has been here since 1857 and its just a place I will always call home..lots of family history here but watching the town go so far down hill is sad. If it wasn't for Central Methodist University in Fayette there wouldn't be a town. All they have now besides the college is Dollar General, Caseys and DQ. I always tell my kids IF I ever move it will be to the beautiful state of Wyoming or Montana....to me those are the two prettiest states in the USA...LOVE the mountains and snow...Hope you can join us next swap. I would swap with you but I will probably be one F8 short in this group already and have to find something to match.. If I figure something out Ill pm you.
    Old 12-22-2017, 11:35 AM

Merry Christmas, Boomers! Have a happy and safe New Year!

Last edited by Libster; 12-22-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Old 12-22-2017, 12:11 PM
    Power Poster

You too, Libster!

Billi, your move sounds like a great adventure. Hope the house building goes well and you end up with just what you envisioned.
    Old 12-22-2017, 12:54 PM

Happy holidays to everyone!!!!!!
    Old 12-22-2017, 01:13 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Old 12-22-2017, 02:34 PM

Joan snow is pretty but the ache in the bones that comes with the cold is not fun.

We have checked out on line homes in Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas, Airizona and Texas. We would like something with a mother in law suite for my sister. She insists that we have our own privacy. How in the world to decide where to choose.
    Old 12-22-2017, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Joan snow is pretty but the ache in the bones that comes with the cold is not fun.

We have checked out on line homes in Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas, Airizona and Texas. We would like something with a mother in law suite for my sister. She insists that we have our own privacy. How in the world to decide where to choose.
    Terri for us we wrote down first what we wanted out of the move. warm weather, no snow, year round golf for him, a smaller town but access to a bigger city and other things that were important to us. Then we started researching retirement friendly states. After we decided on possibly South Carolina, Nevada or Arizona we looked for communities we would like. We had decided that we wanted a 55+ active living community in order to not become hermits. The next thing we did was visit some communities we were interested in. Honestly SC was always a probably not but we looked anyway.

Then we again wrote down pros and cons of each. Arizona became the front runner quickly. There a so many retirement communities in AZ some were easy to toss out because of location, lack of amenities, or age of the community. The place we chose has so much for us to do or not do including a fine arts and tech building with a quilting room that has a few janomes and a long arm available to use. Many of the homes we saw in the places we looked had 2 master bedrooms, a great room and a den. Several also had the option of building a casita for a more private guest/in law option. There are so many choices out there it can be overwhelming.

Ha can you tell I'm excited about this?
    Old 12-22-2017, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    Merry Christmas Billi. Congratulations on your new home! I don't know if I could ever move from central Missouri. My family has been here since 1857 and its just a place I will always call home..lots of family history here but watching the town go so far down hill is sad. If it wasn't for Central Methodist University in Fayette there wouldn't be a town. All they have now besides the college is Dollar General, Caseys and DQ. I always tell my kids IF I ever move it will be to the beautiful state of Wyoming or Montana....to me those are the two prettiest states in the USA...LOVE the mountains and snow...Hope you can join us next swap. I would swap with you but I will probably be one F8 short in this group already and have to find something to match.. If I figure something out Ill pm you.
    That would be terrific Joan

Wow 1857 that's a very long time I can't imagine having roots that deep. How sad for your little town I would hate to watch that. My brother lived in Missoula MT for several years till the snows and cold were just too much for them. I don't "do" snow I'm more desert rat material than snow bunny.
    Old 12-22-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone
    Hello all, here is my fabric for the 2 month group. My pieces were cut while using my embroidery machine, which is a jealous machine. I have to sit and keep it company or it will make a mess! Thus, I did it the easy way and my pieces are oversized (about 12 x 22) which should make them easier to use. I am requesting red, the darker blue and if you need another color, the gold in the fabric. Love the fabrics and sample blocks that have been shown.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585852[/ATTACH]
    just lurking......this fabric is fabulous!! I just love it. Ok...carry on...
    Old 12-22-2017, 08:25 PM

I know sashing is usually not overly busy, but strongly considering this for a sashing for this boom.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]585891[/ATTACH]

If I keep the cornerstones a white square, they will form a white star for each one.
    Attached Thumbnails img_0330.jpg