Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-13-2017, 06:30 AM

I see it is clearly stated in rule #5. I should have read that before asking. I have looked through the rules before, but I see I missed that part. Thank you Kassaundra.
    Old 12-13-2017, 06:53 AM

Gram, what is name of that pattern in your brown quilt? Thanks for all the pictures of the browns, esp like the dark brown with pie like wedges that Kass posted. What made me think of brown/cream was in one of my animal prints someone made a block out of the dark giraffe fabric with just crème added and it was really pretty... Ive gotten some great ideas, now just getting around to it..
    Old 12-13-2017, 07:03 AM

Maude, Excellent question. Yes, it must be pre-washed. It's a Quilting Board requirement for all swaps. Lots of us aren't normally pre-washers but for our Booms, we do. This also applies to any fabric you will be adding to the F8s you receive as well. That can be more challenging since they're small pieces. I usually cut the fabrics I plan to use a little larger and then gently wash/soak them in the sink and dry with an iron. It takes a bit of time but there's enough even after shrinkage to use them and usually very little waste. I believe this rule is due to sensitivities some quilters have to the chemicals in the fabric. Thank you for asking.
    Originally Posted by maudeflanagan
    I have another newbie question. I don't normally prewash my fabric. If I use fabric from my stash, does it have to be prewashed?
    Old 12-13-2017, 07:07 AM

FYI, we are at 19 for the 3 month group and 10 for the 2 month group.
    Old 12-13-2017, 07:12 AM

will be watching all the progress with a lot of interest. I took part in the Boom a few years ago but with living in Ireland I don't think it's a swap for international swappers with how the postage is paid.
    LindaC
    Old 12-13-2017, 08:11 AM

Hello LindaC. This swap has been run differently for the last few years. All fabrics and blocks run through me. Everyone mails to me and then I disperse the correct fabrics and blocks to the right people. That means you would have to mail to me twice, once with all F8s, and again with completed blocks, and I'd mail to you twice. The costs can be high in comparison to those of us shipping within the US, but it can be done. The shipping costs are your responsibility. If you are interested, you can email me at [email protected] to discuss the options. Thanks for your interest in Boom 20.
    Originally Posted by LindaC
    will be watching all the progress with a lot of interest. I took part in the Boom a few years ago but with living in Ireland I don't think it's a swap for international swappers with how the postage is paid.
    LindaC
    Old 12-13-2017, 08:24 AM

AnnieQuilts and NanaKathy, please look for an email from me. Thanks! I believe that brings me up to date with everyone who has contacted me so far.

So, as I said earlier, I've got 19 signed up for the three month group and 10 for the two month group. That's happened much faster than I anticipated. Sign-ups don't close until 12/31/17 unless I fill both groups before then. Also, if we do fill either group, I will start a waiting list in the event of a drop. It does occasionally happen so don't hesitate to put your name on the list. If we were to have a large number waiting, I would open another group but I don't think it's likely.

Now, the gallery. I've said I may not run the gallery this round. That also means I may. I'm finding it extremely difficult to give it up as I know most of you enjoy it and, frankly, so do I. The "looking at it" part anyway. So, for the time being, I'm going to open up a page for Boom 20 fabrics. If you post them here, I'll add them to the gallery. As time passes, I'll see if I can find a way to be more efficient with your block pix and posting them in the gallery. If it becomes overwhelming, I may stop or ask for some help.
    Old 12-13-2017, 09:02 AM

Here are my two fabrics.
    Attached Thumbnails 101_0575a.jpg   101_0577a.jpg  
    Old 12-13-2017, 10:51 AM
    Power Poster

Oh Libster... I love both of your beautiful fabrics!

So, wow! Only one spot left in the three month group... awesome. And halfway there on the two month group. I don’t know why the 2 month isn’t more popular. It’s easy to get a group of blocks done in that much time. Anyone ‘on the fence’, don’t hesitate to join that group.
    Old 12-13-2017, 12:05 PM

Libster, those are beautiful, especially the poinsettia print. Rich and vibrant! Do you have a preference which is for which group?
    Originally Posted by Libster
    Here are my two fabrics.