Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-13-2017, 12:22 PM

Color me stunned. Boom 20, 3 month group just filled! I will happily take names for a waiting list. People do occasionally drop out before the start so the first couple of names on a wait list might just get in. Or do please consider the two month group. It's just about 8 weeks to make up to 19 blocks, never more, maybe less, depending upon how many join. For some of you, it's a piece of cake. Less than three a week for a full group. If you have the time, please consider it! We'd love to have you!
    Old 12-13-2017, 12:22 PM

Gorgeous fabrics Libster, looking forward to playing with whatever choice I am given!

Jan
    Old 12-13-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Libster, those are beautiful, especially the poinsettia print. Rich and vibrant! Do you have a preference which is for which group?

I think I'd like the poinsettia print for the two month group. This print came from GramE's link she posted. I love it for $3 a yard! I sure hope the two month group fills up, I want to have enough to make me a Christmas quilt.
    The magnolias will be for the three month group. Just a heads up, Ladies, I'm going to ask for a COC background for both groups.
    Let's see some more pretty fabrics, Ladies!
    Old 12-13-2017, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Oh Libster... I love both of your beautiful fabrics!

So, wow! Only one spot left in the three month group... awesome. And halfway there on the two month group. I don’t know why the 2 month isn’t more popular. It’s easy to get a group of blocks done in that much time. Anyone ‘on the fence’, don’t hesitate to join that group.

I have to agree with you, Sewbiz, about the two month group. I always have both groups finished and send them both back together by the deadline for the two month group. Hey, I save half my postage that way! That said, I am retired, so I can sew all I want to every day. I do understand that someone still working will not have as much time as I do. Still, the two month group is easily doable in 8 weeks time.
    Old 12-13-2017, 12:38 PM

Yeah Billi wonderful to hear from you.

i will be sending three different fabrics for the three month group, glasses of beer, different cigars and think third one is bottles of beer. If anyone is offended by the beer pls let me know. This will be for hubby. I see lots of browns and golds in this quilt. Will also probably do paint chips.

2 month will be a bright floral print.
    Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 PM

The fabric I chose for Boom 20 is in Alabama so won't be able to share any pictures until our return. Weather permitting we hope to be there by New Years Eve.

Of course I could be tempted to find something different while I am still here in Wisconsin , I love fabric shopping!
    Old 12-13-2017, 01:01 PM

I am thinking to send out a neutral Henry Glass cream fabric and ask for muted reds, blues, and browns. Something along the line of the Civil War colors. I know not all of us have the Civil War fabrics, but matching the values/tones of the era is what I am looking for. Hoping to get a quilt made in this era of fabric to replace the one the nephew's dog damaged.
    Old 12-13-2017, 01:11 PM

I had to do a double take with your poinsettia fabric! We are having a Christmas dinner at work today for all the families of the residents and the table cloths are exactly like your fabric! Ours are plastic but its the exact pattern and coloring! VERY pretty!! I'm still trying to decide on one group. I have fabric that matches the ones Ive already got ready but I was thinking I would use it for sashing..decisions decisions!!
    Old 12-13-2017, 02:23 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Y
    i will be sending three different fabrics for the three month group, glasses of beer, different cigars and think third one is bottles of beer. If anyone is offended by the beer pls let me know.
    I'm not offended by beer but I'm highly offended by cigars!!

(just kidding!) Those sound like something we can really have fun with and make a quilt your hubby will be tickled with.

QuilterMomma, I'd love to do a block for you with some of my civil war fabrics. I don't think anyone has ever requested it before, but I have plenty.
    Old 12-13-2017, 02:39 PM

here are a couple of "brown" quilts I've done.
    Attached Thumbnails fall-colors-quilt.jpg   our-quilt.jpg