Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-21-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by givio
    Kass, your hexies are so cuuuute. :-)

D.H. Is that a picture of you on the wall?
    No, It’s my daughter and son in law. They were married last May.
    Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 PM

Karen wishing you the best on a quick sale for full price!

You are the only one I know who is retiring and moving North.

Jaba i’m Like GramE. When we redid our kitchen about 5 years ago hubby and friends organized all the new cupboards and drawers.

We still don’t know where we will be snow birds at. Seriously thinking of Southern Texas so we won’t have to drive over any mountains. We might fly down and check it out this winter.
    Old 12-21-2017, 09:33 PM

Hello all, here is my fabric for the 2 month group. My pieces were cut while using my embroidery machine, which is a jealous machine. I have to sit and keep it company or it will make a mess! Thus, I did it the easy way and my pieces are oversized (about 12 x 22) which should make them easier to use. I am requesting red, the darker blue and if you need another color, the gold in the fabric. Love the fabrics and sample blocks that have been shown.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585852[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 2-month-fabric.jpg  
    Old 12-21-2017, 09:51 PM
    Power Poster

...and for our newbies, these color requests will also be on a note included with the fabric. You don't have to remember them from the posts!

Everyone's showing such great fabrics. I'd better hurry up and choose my second one. I think we are going to have lots of blue this time around.

Kass, love those tiny hexies.
    Old 12-22-2017, 04:48 AM

That's right. Everyone be sure to add clear and concise requests to every packet of you have any. Try not to be too specific, for example wanting only one particular shade of orange, that it becomes difficult to fulfill. And remember no specific block requests but if you prefer not to receive appliqué for example, you can add that. But remember, they're requests only and the final block decision rests with the maker. But please, when making blocks, look for the requests and try to abide whenever possible. The thought of your hard work being discarded because you used the wrong colors is pretty sad.
    Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    ...and for our newbies, these color requests will also be on a note included with the fabric. You don't have to remember them from the posts! ...
    Old 12-22-2017, 06:34 AM

Good Morning

Just wanted to pop in and tell all of you the fabrics being posted are so fun. For me one of the best parts of the boom is working with fabrics that I don't have and probably wouldn't have chosen, then trying to create something that matches your vision. I have learned so much about color and fabric placement making boom blocks.

For the newbies having a hard time deciding what requests are. My first boom I sent out a variety of reproduction 20's flour sack fabrics and said "GO FOR IT " I love all of those blocks however I have never put that quilt together because I had a difficult time making them play well with each other. I recently figured out a way to make it work but I have others in line before I get to it. My point is take a look at your fabrics and figure out what you want to bring it all together. It will help others make a block for you and give you a place to start when you get them back for putting them together.

Due to the move I'm not able to join this round because I have no guarantee I'll be able to get F8's mailed on time so I am still going to see who else wants to SIDE SWAP with me. I have 2 already Thank you! I'm still looking for a few more willing swappers. While I won't be ready to mail F's till late January Early February, you will receive your block on or before the boom deadline. if you are interested shoot me a PM.

Wishing you all an early Merry Christmas and may you have a holiday that brings you peace and joy.
    Old 12-22-2017, 07:38 AM
    Power Poster

Merry Christmas to you too, Billi! Hope you have been safe from the fires. Your avatar is simply gorgeous...

I would love to side swap but don't have any extra of my fabric to send you. Haven't chosen my second fabric yet so I'll keep you in mind!
    Old 12-22-2017, 08:48 AM

Merry Christmas, Billi, to you and your family. I hope your move goes well and you can soon join us again.
    Old 12-22-2017, 09:34 AM

Meet Christmas Billi, are you moving far?
    Old 12-22-2017, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Merry Christmas to you too, Billi! Hope you have been safe from the fires. Your avatar is simply gorgeous...

I would love to side swap but don't have any extra of my fabric to send you. Haven't chosen my second fabric yet so I'll keep you in mind!
    Yes just pm me when you figure out if you have enough

I took that picture from my yard about a month ago it was one of those perfect sunsets that made picture taking easy. We are so far south we were very safe from the inferno's. Poor Santa Barbara area is still battling blazes. Just yesterday all evacuations were lifted and it's about 70% contained.

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Meet Christmas Billi, are you moving far?
    Not too far Mr Bill has completely retired and we have decided to try something new. We sold this place and are moving to Green Valley Arizona. About a 6 hour drive from here. I'm going to miss the place I have loved since I was 5 years old but I am so ready for new adventures. The only bump in the road is we are renting for the first year or so while our house is built. We made sure to get a place I can have my sewing room, since I have been without since August. We are also only about a mile from the house we are building that will be exciting to watch.