Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-30-2017, 07:01 AM
    Power Poster

Beautiful camellias, Cheese... that Bush is just packed with blooms!
    Old 12-30-2017, 07:15 AM

Beautiful flowers in the middle of winter. Helleboros (sp) bloom in the winter too.
    Old 12-30-2017, 09:20 AM

I'm waiting for my hellebores to start their annual bloom. My new white ones were supposed to bloom in November but I think our freakishly weird weather messed with them. Their foliage is beautiful so I'll hope for next year. My purples will be out in late January or February. Always a surprise to see the first ones pop up in the gloom of the winter.
    Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Beautiful flowers in the middle of winter. Helleboros (sp) bloom in the winter too.
    Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 AM

Love seeing the beautiful flowers, it is -13 here today.
    Old 12-30-2017, 10:00 AM
    Power Poster

Givio, I can't answer your pm because your inbox is full... please clear some space!
    Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 AM

Do you have any ideas for colors w/ this fabric? Is it going to be a ladies quilt like the ones before?
    Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    This will be my fabric for the 3 month group, probably. I haven't washed it yet, but I think there will be enough once it's preshrunk. Parakeets!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586216[/ATTACH]
    Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 AM

Asparagus in turkey soup! I haven't heard that before! :-) I wonder if it was green or purple asparagus. I'm imagining purple to complete the unusual-ness. :-)

Wow, look at that green grass and outdoor flowers! It will be awhile before our snowdrops pop up here, 'till then it's all indoor type blooming going on.

What a fantastic picture of your daughter! That's amazing photography. It must have been frigid running for the area so near to her eyes to be that cold. I realized on the 28th that I hadn't read my mail (hard copy) since a few days before Christmas-- it's been too cold to walk down to the end of my driveway to get to the mailbox there. lol

Oh? Full again? :-p

Oh? Full again? Who have I been talking with?

Speaking of the 28th-- we got a new grandson that day! :-)

Those are not parakeets! They finches. Looks like some of them are zebra finches (or red cheeked cordon blues), the ones with the patch of color behind the beak might be a goldfinch, maybe canaries, the one with the colored head-- a red-headed finch maybe? And the fabric is orange! lovely! ...You might actually be considering that fabric for the 2 month group? lol

Oh, look, I edited in the middle. What is happening here... I edited twice, because I didn't see the first one at the end of the post like it should have been. Slippery fingers today?

Last edited by givio; 12-30-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    Old 12-30-2017, 10:04 AM

It's just beautiful here today, I wish it would last forever. But the cold front is going to dip into the deep south and we will most likely have a hard freeze on Monday night. I fear that the blossoms and buds on the camellia will be done for this season. I am going to have DH cover them with a heavy moving blanket, all I can do is hope they won't freeze out.

Jan
    Old 12-30-2017, 10:07 AM

That is some impressive bird id'ing skills from those drawings!!!! I need your eyes at my bird feeder!
    Originally Posted by givio
    Asparagus in turkey soup! I haven't heard that before! :-) I wonder if it was green or purple asparagus. I'm imagining purple to complete the unusual-ness. :-)

Wow, look at that green grass and outdoor flowers! It will be awhile before our snowdrops pop up here, 'till then it's all indoor type blooming going on.

What a fantastic picture of your daughter! That's amazing photography. It must have been frigid running for the area so near to her eyes to be that cold. I realized on the 28th that I hadn't read my mail (hard copy) since a few days before Christmas-- it's been too cold to walk down to the end of my driveway to get to the mailbox there. lol

Oh? Full again? :-p

Oh? Full again? Who have I been talking with?

Speaking of the 28th-- we got a new grandson that day! :-)

Those are not parakeets! They finches. Looks like some of them are zebra finches (or red cheeked cordon blues), the ones with the patch of color behind the beak might be a goldfinch, maybe canaries, the one with the colored head-- a red-headed finch maybe? And the fabric is orange! lovely! ...You might actually be considering that fabric for the 2 month group? lol

Oh, look, I edited in the middle. What is happening here... I edited twice, because I didn't see the first one at the end of the post like it should have been. Slippery fingers today?
    Old 12-30-2017, 10:12 AM

I used to breed/sell/show pet birds. Now I just have 1 pair of yellow breasted green singers.