Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >
  • Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

• Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 01-01-2018, 04:10 AM

Kassaundra, I'm sorry to hear about your little featherless fellow but I'm certain your remaining flock is toasty warm wherever they are. Those are some well cared for chickens from what I've seen through the years.

Libster, I'm right there with you. Brrr. It's 24 this morning and this coming week we'll be dipping into the teens. Georgia in the teens? Maybe someone could write a song about that.

I forgot to say earlier that the 3 month group is full at 20 members so that group will need to prep 19 full 18x10 (at a minimum) pieces of fabric.

The 2 month group has 16 members so if you are in that group, please prep 15 F8s to send. However, as has been the custom for a while, if there are people who want to send me 19 pieces and make 19 blocks, I'll distribute the extra 4 F8s to others in the 2 month group who want to do the same. This is optional! Not a requirement! This is a way to get the most number of blocks but not everyone likes it. Think about it. I'll ask for a head count on the number of you who want to make 19 a bit later. Again, totally optional.

Ok. I'm off to my cup of coffee. It's singing my name! Geez. I should have bought some coffee fabric for this swap. Next time!
    Old 01-01-2018, 05:50 AM

Happy New Year’s to all

oh how sad Kassandra, poor little chick. Hope chic was dressed so hawk had to wonder what the heck was up.

Plan to stay in again -13 and no reason to go out.

Janice do you know wha the postage is going to be on the Priority Mail envelope. Don’t want to shortchange you.
    Old 01-01-2018, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Kassaundra, I'm sorry to hear about your little featherless fellow but I'm certain your remaining flock is toasty warm wherever they are. Those are some well cared for chickens from what I've seen through the years.

Libster, I'm right there with you. Brrr. It's 24 this morning and this coming week we'll be dipping into the teens. Georgia in the teens? Maybe someone could write a song about that.

I forgot to say earlier that the 3 month group is full at 20 members so that group will need to prep 19 full 18x10 (at a minimum) pieces of fabric.

The 2 month group has 16 members so if you are in that group, please prep 15 F8s to send. However, as has been the custom for a while, if there are people who want to send me 19 pieces and make 19 blocks, I'll distribute the extra 4 F8s to others in the 2 month group who want to do the same. This is optional! Not a requirement! This is a way to get the most number of blocks but not everyone likes it. Think about it. I'll ask for a head count on the number of you who want to make 19 a bit later. Again, totally optional.

Ok. I'm off to my cup of coffee. It's singing my name! Geez. I should have bought some coffee fabric for this swap. Next time!
    I also ready to ship fabrics as soon as you give the word. Looking forward to Boom 20

Bootsy

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
    Old 01-01-2018, 06:52 AM

-9 here this morning with a wind chill of -20. High today will be 8 at the most. What a day to have to be at work by 7 am! Double pay just doesn't mean what it use to. Stay warm everyone.
    Kass how sad about the chicks. Ive seen more hawks this year than ever before. Saw 2 yesterday just sitting in trees beside I70 waiting for something to snatch!
    19 for 3 month group and 15 for 2 month ...I'm ready to begin!!
    Old 01-01-2018, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the kind words. This was our first year to lose any to hawks, they have seemed worse this year then before.
    Old 01-01-2018, 07:29 AM

Terriamn, good thing you asked because when I double checked, shipping cost for a padded envelope is going up $.05 to $7.25. If it changes again, I'll let everyone know.

Originally Posted by terriamn
    ...Janice do you know what the postage is going to be on the Priority Mail envelope. Don’t want to shortchange you.
    Old 01-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Grrr.. my son and his wife need to get their stuff outa the laundry room/washer/dryer so I can wash my fabrics!! I only have limited number of days to do all this.. I just got moved to another district at work and will be away from home a lot more. I may dust off the old wonderful Featherweight and take it and my fabric (pre-cut for the blocks) along when I have to stay overnight up north. Well, not when I go really far north to Alaska.. that's too much of a pain to pack it along with all my other items (two laptops, 2 phones, c-pap machine and.. oh. clothes too), but definitely when I stay a few hours drive from home.
    Old 01-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Just can't resist commenting on the weather. Some of us like Winter. It's warmed up to 17, so coat buttoning is only required if the wind is significant. I do love my flannel shirts. I guess it's all what you get used to. My only interest in winter sports is what I see on TV.

My fabric is washed, cut and pressed. Still working on a photo -- digitally challenged in that area. Just remembered resizing!

Thank you to whoever posted about using post-its to clean the keyboard. It's all shiny clean now but still not working right. Has anyone tried blowing canned air through the ventilation slots? A friend suggested it, but I'm skeptical.

I will eventually know and remember all your board names, but it will take longer than it used to.
    Old 01-01-2018, 11:56 AM

Sorry about your chick, Kass.

Wonder if any of you are bothered by the TV commercials Humane Society and ASPCA run this time of year. Seems if I donate, I shouldn't be subjected to watching all that suffering. Mute button is too slow!
    Old 01-01-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts
    J

Thank you to whoever posted about using post-its to clean the keyboard. It's all shiny clean now but still not working right. Has anyone tried blowing canned air through the ventilation slots? A friend suggested it, but I'm skeptical.

If you use canned air, do it with the key board kinda upside down so it doesn't just blow the dirt into the corner, so it actually blows it out. I use it sometimes. If you are feeling truly brave.. take the keyboard apart.. little screws on the back. But it sounds like you probably just need a new keyboard..