Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-21-2018, 05:45 PM

Busy day...my son and DIL talked me into getting a new couch..it rocks and reclines..Hard to get in the front door with my piano in the way but finally got it in..Then about an hour ago my 3 13 year old grandkids knocked on my door. Their mom allowed them to ride their bikes over to my house, down the katy trail...It was a nice surprise. So good to see them out and away from the video games! After cookies and pop cycles and playing the piano they decided to head back. Hope they do it more often!! These days its hard to let kids out of your sight like we did as kids...Time for bed!! have a great rest of weekend!!
Old 07-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Reminder for everyone to please use only board names of your fellow boomers on these threads. Thanks!
When a person gives their real name in their sig line, I read that as a 'green light' to use it. I actually like it when people use my real name on occasion. No harm done.

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598197[/ATTACH]

I was able to get this block completed for QM before taking my quilt retreat break. I probably won't be able to do much here for a week. Lots of traveling etc.
Pretty block DS! I really love that gray fabric you used for the center cross.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Busy day...my son and DIL talked me into getting a new couch..it rocks and reclines..Hard to get in the front door with my piano in the way but finally got it in..Then about an hour ago my 3 13 year old grandkids knocked on my door. Their mom allowed them to ride their bikes over to my house, down the katy trail...It was a nice surprise. So good to see them out and away from the video games! After cookies and pop cycles and playing the piano they decided to head back. Hope they do it more often!! These days its hard to let kids out of your sight like we did as kids...Time for bed!! have a great rest of weekend!!
How cool the kids surprised you! You are right about how times have changed. As kids we had so much freedom. No one worried about kids being abducted. I miss those days!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:05 PM

Today the weather was much cooler, beautiful day. Hope everyone else gets the same break.

Pamela enjoy your visit with family

DarcyShannon pretty block. Enjoy your beach vacation

JoanLiz, how exciting a new couch and better yet that the grands were able to bike over and visit you. When my granddaughter bikes over it’s nerve wrecking till she gets here then home again. That’s so sad
Old 07-22-2018, 05:28 AM

Lovely block, darcyshannon. . Hope you enjoy your retreat break. We’ll be here when you get back.
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon
I was able to get this block completed for QM before taking my quilt retreat break. I probably won't be able to do much here for a week. Lots of traveling etc.

Hope you are all staying cool. My friend has a swimming pool and I am so looking forward to taking a swim tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 AM

Family reunion in Iowa this weekend. The weather was great gad the windows open the last two nights. Will be back in our home town in three week for my dh family reunion. Hope to get some sering done during the week and next weekend.
There gave been some awesome block posted this week.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:01 AM

Terriamn, love your block for stafar! The center embroidery is perfect.
Originally Posted by terriamn
Funny Cheesehead it’s rained here yesterday and today but the weekend is looking clear and beautiful.

My last two I believe for Dunes

Libster, a star of course

And for Stafar, thought the grunge blue went perfect with your fabric. Hope the embroidery turned out as you expected, very fun to make
Klaws, what a busy lady you've been. Love the block for PamelaOry, especially that center fussy cut square. Darling.
Originally Posted by klaws
I didn't realize what a hassle it is moving to a new town/state trying to get everything updated. I finally found a PCP who I like very much. My initial visit with him lasted one hour due to all the questions. I submitted a form to have all my records sent to him from Florida. But, in the meantime, he scheduled me with a LOT of tests. Since I have COPD from smoking (I quit 9 years ago), I have appointments to have pulmonary function tests, chest x-ray and lung cancer screening. An appointment with an Ophthalmologist for my macular degeneration, an ENT doctor for my ears, and a diagnostic mammogram. I also had a pneumonia and a tetanus shot and blood work. Phew!!!!!

Needless to say, I have one more block finished. It's called Courtyard Square from the 1,000 Blocks book for PamelaOry. I hope you like it. I'm going away for the weekend and will be back late Sunday night. I am hoping to get more blocks done next week in between appointments.
Mona G, I hope you enjoy your family reunion. Our family is tiny so our "reunions" fit around our kitchen table. Do you have a lot of family?
Originally Posted by Mona G
Family reunion in Iowa this weekend. The weather was great gad the windows open the last two nights. Will be back in our home town in three week for my dh family reunion. Hope to get some sering done during the week and next weekend.
There gave been some awesome block posted this week.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:31 AM

There was 20 of us this year. My dad is the only one of his siblings that is still alive so our numbers keep getting smaller.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:58 AM

My sister and I have 26 in our family, think that’s 3/4 of all our family reunions.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:36 PM

Large families seem alien to me but it must be lovely to have so many family members.
Originally Posted by Mona G
There was 20 of us this year. My dad is the only one of his siblings that is still alive so our numbers keep getting smaller.
Originally Posted by terriamn
My sister and I have 26 in our family, think that’s 3/4 of all our family reunions.
I posted a block a little while ago in Waves but realized that I’d made a major goof so I deleted it. Geez. I’m laughing at myself again. Next week looks to be a bear so I won’t have much sewing or online time. I plan to check in and post your blocks but if anyone needs anything, email me for the swiftest response. Thanks. Have a good week!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:45 PM

My family is tiny too. My mother had 1 brother and 1 sister, her brother had 1 child (who had none), her sister had 2 children (each had 1 child) my father was an only child. So I have 1 aunt 1 uncle, and 3 cousins, and 2 of whatever you call your cousin's kids. I have 2 siblings each has 2 kids, we have no children.

My husbands family is huge, he has literally hundreds of cousins (his mom and dad were one of 9 and 13)