Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-22-2018, 12:01 PM

I hate it when I do that. Ripping machine stitches is bad enough but it is REALLY hurtful when you have to rip hand stitches!!!!
Originally Posted by GramE
Lovely, Kass.

Today is going to be deconstruction for me. My math skills did me in and I’m an inch short. I think I left out one round of sewing!
Old 08-22-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I hate it when I do that. Ripping machine stitches is bad enough but it is REALLY hurtful when you have to rip hand stitches!!!!
I try to look at it as a learning experience. I told myself twice to stop because the math was playing havoc with my brain, but no I just pushed through all those STOP signs!
Old 08-22-2018, 03:26 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599895[/ATTACH]
One for PamelaOry.
As I look at this pic I took the top lines look a bit tipsy. Might be how it is hanging. Gonna have to go back and check that!
looks great to me! Thank you GramE, I love it! The frame within a polka dot frame, so fun!

Congratulations on on your new lease and pending move Libster. It will be so nice to be done with that mower I bet!
Old 08-22-2018, 03:45 PM

Sewbiz I got yours finished today. I barely had thread left from your fabrics, well I did have one 1 x 2 inch piece of the green left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599908[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0577.jpg  
Old 08-22-2018, 03:46 PM

That light fabric looks whitish in the pic but it is cream w/ brown outline drawing
Old 08-22-2018, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry
looks great to me! Thank you GramE, I love it! The frame within a polka dot frame, so fun!

Congratulations on on your new lease and pending move Libster. It will be so nice to be done with that mower I bet!

Thank you, PamelaOry. I have a good friend from church already living there and my granddaughter-to-be's Mom lives there. At least it won't be all total strangers for me. I feel very comfortable about this move. There will be a workout room (HAHAHA), a media center and a lending book nook. The building is keyless entry, three stories with elevators. And, there is no acre and a half yard to be mowed! I loved it when DH was living, but now it's just too much for me at 74.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:17 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599909[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599910[/ATTACH]Ha, I just realized the picture of the scraps is larger than the block!
For SewBiz

I had to laugh that Kass said she just had a tiny piece left. I had already taken a pic of the threads I had left!
Beautiful block, Kass.

Hey, I think that will free you up for more sewing time, Libster! Condensing my belongings would be hard for me though. We did it six years ago, when we moved closer to our kids but I could still pare down a lot, just how do you decide.
Attached Thumbnails 3bd79612-955b-4f48-a8cc-dcf68839d445.jpeg   09117147-1adc-4c42-8c99-c33685d5d503.jpeg  

Last edited by GramE; 08-22-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:28 PM

GramE and Kass, two amazing blocks for Sewbiz! I just love those colors and fabrics. Reading this board is like strolling through an art gallery!

Libster, congratulations on your decision to move. Sounds like a fantastic idea to me. I hope it is everything (and more) you are looking for!
Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 PM

I am loving all the blocks today. Absolutely beautiful. Sewbiz, I can't wait to see your quilt. Those blocks coming out are amazing.

Libster, Congrats on your upcoming move. I think it's great!! The older we get, the harder it is to take care of things, especially if you are alone. This will be my plan when the time comes! Enjoy your friends and more time to sew!

I'd like to ask for some prayers or positive thoughts for my DD & SIL living in Oahu. Pray that Hurricane Lane turns to the left (I think that's to the west) and stay clear of a direct hit to the islands. They have cancelled school for Thur & Fri. I think Oahu will get hit sometime Friday. Lot's of rain and wind. Flooding is expected. Yikes. They have been there only a year and have been through that Nuclear Boom Threat (Big scare to everyone), and now this. Thank you very much!!

Have a great evening.

Last edited by D.Henson; 08-22-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Sewbiz I got yours finished today. I barely had thread left from your fabrics, well I did have one 1 x 2 inch piece of the green left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599908[/ATTACH]
Wowzer... that is one spectacular block! Thank you, Kass, I love it!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599909[/ATTACH]
For SewBiz
Followed closely by another spectacular block! Thank you for this beauty, GramE. So glad neither of you ran out of fabric.

Yikes, this is going to make it harder to give the quilt away.

Originally Posted by D.Henson
I'd like to ask for some prayers or positive thoughts for my DD & SIL living in Oahu. Pray that Hurricane Lane turns to the left (I think that's to the west) and stay clear of a direct hit to the islands. They have cancelled school for Thur & Fri. I think Oahu will get hit sometime Friday. Lot's of rain and wind. Flooding is expected. Yikes. They have been there only a year and have been through that Nuclear Boom Threat (Big scare to everyone), and now this. Thank you very much!!

Have a great evening.
Will add them to the list of friends on Maui that we are praying for. Hoping the storm doesn't get as close as they think it will.