Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-18-2018, 04:34 AM

Minor computer glitches yesterday but I think I'm back up and running now. Will try again to add the pix.
QuilterMommma, glad the surgery wen't well. Hope the recovery is swift.
Kassaundra, as usual, your Dresdens are gorgeous. This'll be another beauty.
Has anyone heard from Libster? I recall her saying she was leaving the area due to Florence. She probably doesn't have her regular access to the 'net.
Hav4boys, we won't be starting Boom 22 until very late this year or early next. We'd love to have you stop in and comment if you cannot participate. Good luck with all your projects.
Had another viewing of the space station this morning and unfortunately, the mosquitoes decided it was a lovely morning to have a snack on me. Grrr.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

QM, glad to hear the surgery went well. Heal up now! It's a good reason to slow down for a while.

We found out over the weekend that our son is expecting a GIRL! So, of the two babies coming, we have a girl and don't know the gender of the other. I believe my daughter is having a boy, but time will tell.

When my DIL's 3 little neices found out she was having a girl, they all started begging her to name the baby "Elsa", LOL! Little girls love that movie, so I know your girls will love their quilts, Kass!
Old 09-18-2018, 07:09 AM

I'm back at home. Everything here fared well except the poor trees. We lost power for about 2 hours, tv and internet for a couple of days. I picked up limbs in the front yard yesterday. Gotta' tackle the back today. After they dry a while, I'll burn them. Flooding is really bad everywhere. The road to my GD's house caved in. Lots of roads just washed away. The river here at my house is way out of the banks. Over 300 roads are closed due to rising water. It's hard to go anywhere. Wilmington and New Bern got it the worst. Wilmington is cut off from the world right now. The only way in is by helicopter. They have no gas, water or food supplies. The flooding is horrible. When I see pictures of them, I know I'm perfectly okay with nothing to complain about. NC death toll so far is 31. That's 31 to many.

Did anybody see the video on Facebook of the shark swimming up I 17 at Wilmington? Some guy in a truck with big wheels took it out of his driver's window as he slowly drove down the road. That thing was almost as long as his truck! Or the dog wading into the water on a street and catching a fish half as big as he was? I can tell you, I was jealous! God is good.

Edited to say- Congrats on the girl, Sewbiz! I hope your DD's is a boy so you get one of each! Main thing is, we want them all healthy!

Last edited by Libster; 09-18-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:25 AM

Kass when I first saw your blocks I thought you had crocheted them!! Excellent job on the 4th one..you have to look to see the girl in them! Have 4..thanks for my block. I cant wait to get them all back. Summers back here in Mo. 92 today and tomorrow but then only in the 70's. Im ready for some fall!! Cant believe all the destruction on TV out in the Carolinas and now tornadoes in Virginia...be safe all of you.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:34 AM

Default Boom Business - shipping status

So, as you all know, we've had quite a few issues this round, particularly in this group. Quiltermomma is running a tad behind due to her surgery but anticipates getting the blocks to me in a few days. I'm sure you all are up to date on her hurdles so we're cutting slack and I know you are cool with it.

Then there is the big question mark of Billi. Still zero word from her. I've been checking my shipping alerts daily. Nothing. I've sent more emails and texts in the last few days with no response. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I'm holding onto hope that she won't leave Dunes stranded but it's a tattered piece of real estate I'm standing on. But I'm still standing as firm as I can until this weekend. After that, well...

In the meantime, here's where we stand:

Bibliostone - rec'd
Billi
Cheesehead - rec'd
D.Henson - rec'd
Darcyshannon - rec'd
GramE - rec'd

Hav4boys - rec'd tracking #
JayneW - rec'd
Joanelizbay - rec'd
Kassaundra - rec'd
Klaws - rec'd

Libster - rec'd
MonaG - rec'd
PamelaOry - rec'd
QuilterMomma - working on them
Sewbizgirl - rec'd
Stafar - rec'd

Terriamn - rec'd
TravelingGramma - rec'd

If anyone finds an error, don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks! And I believe I've got the gallery up to date. Also, errors are possible there as I put in 62 pix in a single sitting and I just ended all bleary-eyed. The blocks and names all began to look the same. Let me know if you spot a mistake. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 AM

Sewbiz congratulations on finding out first baby is a girl.

Libster glad you are home and no major damage to your house. Sounds like it’s going to be a long haul before life gets back to normal in Willamington and New Bern.. I didn’t realize the death toll was that high.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:38 AM

Janice > to you for your patience and persistence! You are an amazing host!
Old 09-18-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Libster

Did anybody see the video on Facebook of the shark swimming up I 17 at Wilmington? Some guy in a truck with big wheels took it out of his driver's window as he slowly drove down the road. That thing was almost as long as his truck! Or the dog wading into the water on a street and catching a fish half as big as he was? I can tell you, I was jealous! God is good.!
Fortunately these videos have been played after every hurricane in the past few years. People love putting fake news out there.
My parents had lived south of Wilmington and one time they evacuated. My Dad was so angry because he couldn't get back home. Wilmington roads always flood out. And the photos of the actual roads totally wiped out. I pulled up my phone map and NC has more roads closed that open! And the thought of having to clean out a home that is filled with filthy mud...
Old 09-18-2018, 05:11 PM

I consider myself really lucky that all I have to do is clean up limbs in the yard. There are roads washed out here and some still flooded, but hey, you deal with what you have! I still say God is good.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 AM

Libster, I’m so happy you weathered the storm and are safe. Maybe a neighborhood kid would help with that cleanup?
Originally Posted by Libster
I consider myself really lucky that all I have to do is clean up limbs in the yard. There are roads washed out here and some still flooded, but hey, you deal with what you have! I still say God is good.