Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-28-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Libster, you did this all in one morning? I’m thrilled if I get one finished in a morning. Lol. Well, you’re fast and accurate and the blocks are beautiful. I think the Spinner is a winner with that fabric. And the perfect petals is so lovely. Congrats on a fabulous morning’s production. (I think maybe it’s time to put a 7 day boom together. Forget this three month stuff! But I couldn’t join.)

LOL Two of them were cut out last night. I cut the other two and sewed all four of them this morning. It's so darn hot here that I try to sew early in the morning. My sewing room heats up with the iron on all the time plus I have two 4 foot light bulbs right above my head and my machine. Makes for great lighting but they do throw off heat. I plan to spend my afternoon standing over a vent to cut more blocks. LOL I think a 7 day Boom would be a tad fast for me too.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:26 AM

Libster those are very pretty blocks you made, and you did them all this morning?! You always do a great job pickinig out neat block designs.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:33 AM

PamelaOry, Ditto, Quiltmakers 1000 Blocks. But if you get it, be aware it’s loaded with errors. Found another mistake last night. Still, it’s a great resource.
Originally Posted by Libster
The book I'm using is Quiltmaker's 1000 Blocks. Love this book!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:38 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596685[/ATTACH]
OMG!!!! I love my block!!! I actually yelled out loud, "That's my block!!" My husband sitting next to me was startled. haha TG, This block is amazing and I love the fact that your grand kids helped with color placement. This is absolutely the perfect cherry material for this fabric. I love it. Thank you!!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
I am loving all the "new to me" patterns being used.
Boys went fishing. DGD is making chocolate chip cookies and I got to make a block. Both grands put their two cents into color placement. When I saw the fabric and realized that there were cherries in the glass I actually ran to my stash and found the perfect red cherries to go with it. One name for the block is Kings Crown
Attached Thumbnails martini-travelinggrandma.jpg  

Last edited by D.Henson; 06-28-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:55 AM

Libster, I love my block!!! It's perfect and this is a great pattern to show off my fabric!! It's perfect!! You are so talented, this block looks so crisp and pretty!!! Thank you!! I can't wait to put this quilt together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596684[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails martini-libster.jpg  

Last edited by D.Henson; 06-28-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Libster, gorgeous blocks, all of them! My fave is Perfect Petals, with the patriotic block coming in second. You always do such nice work.

Pamela, I have been using the first ten Quiltmakers "100 blocks" magazines. They later made them into a 1000 blocks book. I bought the first ten magazines online as digital downloads for very cheap... probably because they were now in a book. I have to work off the laptop, which I don't mind.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Pamela, I have been using the first ten Quiltmakers "100 blocks" magazines. They later made them into a 1000 blocks book. I bought the first ten magazines online as digital downloads for very cheap... probably because they were now in a book. I have to work off the laptop, which I don't mind.
Does the magazine collection have as many errors? I’m interested in the collection but a little worried about the number of errors I’m hearing about in the book. As a newbie that might pose a significant hazard. Lol
Old 06-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PamelaOry
Does the magazine collection have as many errors? I’m interested in the collection but a little worried about the number of errors I’m hearing about in the book. As a newbie that might pose a significant hazard. Lol
Yes, I suppose so. Its not that bad, really. You just make adjustments if they don't seem right. You could sew a tester block first.

Here's my Dune Block for MonaG. It's called "Gosling Gone Wild" from volume 14 of the 100 blocks magazine. She asked for black and white with a 'pop' of color.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596687[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3974.jpg  
Old 06-28-2018, 12:55 PM

Libster! You've been busy! Great blocks, I love my perfect petals poinsettia block! Beautiful
Old 06-28-2018, 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=klaws;8083329]I at least got one block done. It's for Hav4boys and is called Old Town Star in the 1,000 blocks book. I didn't take a good picture. It looks like the top was cut off a little. Just the picture, not the block. I hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596594[/ATTACH]
Klaws very pretty block