Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-04-2018, 04:25 PM

Last one for Dunes is done. Will start on waves maybe this weekend...Suppose to be cooler this weekend, I sure hope so ...this 105 heat index is brutal. This is for Mona. I counted my finished blocks to make sure I didnt miss one and they are sealed and put up in Janices' box she sent them in so I dont lose any!! Happy Fourth of July!
Attached Thumbnails monag-dunes.jpg  
Old 07-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Mona, thank you for the pretty block! Adding some green just seems to make my fabric wake up.

Last block for today is for Joanelizbay. Joan, this block started out as the Blue Heaven pattern. (I'm only admitting this so that our new Boomers know that we make mistakes too.) Well, I cut some squares to small so I had to improvise with what I had. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I have no clue what the block name is. No more cutting for me tonight!
Attached Thumbnails 101_0805ab.jpg  
Old 07-04-2018, 04:42 PM

Oh my - finally got to read and look! So many wonderful blocks and quilts.
Thank you for all the patriotic blocks you made and they are just beautiful.
stafar, Pamela Darcy and Libster - your blocks are out of the park. All the beautiful additional fabrics are awesome!

I have had a few moments to sew and have a couple done, but haven't taken pictures yet.
having a 12 nd 13 yo in my house has been crazy - but loving them. WentS to the Rodeo today and enjoying the warm weather. Too dry for any of the towns to have fourth of july fireworks. So we are now watching the movie "City Slickers" - everyone laughing!!
Enjoy and I will attempt to get photos.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:44 PM

Wow so many amazing blocks! Joan those waves are a great contrast with those chevrons. Kass, that sugar skull Dresden is wonderful!

i finished two more today. I was excited when I found this pattern woven ribbons on quilterscache. It is exactly what I wanted for these two sets of fabrics.

for Cheesehead:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597217[/ATTACH]

For Kass:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597218[/ATTACH]

The blocks are straight and square, just not my pictures. (Try as I might)
Attached Thumbnails 227dae6f-c076-4647-bf72-7625a168c7be.jpeg   7ff5f668-9815-49b3-ad96-8d9a623b2966.jpeg  
Old 07-04-2018, 04:55 PM

"Libster's chevron star of delight" is what name it.
Originally Posted by Libster
Mona, thank you for the pretty block! Adding some green just seems to make my fabric wake up.

Last block for today is for Joanelizbay. Joan, this block started out as the Blue Heaven pattern. (I'm only admitting this so that our new Boomers know that we make mistakes too.) Well, I cut some squares to small so I had to improvise with what I had. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I have no clue what the block name is. No more cutting for me tonight!
Old 07-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Thanks, Kass. Now I can name it for joanelizbay.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Oh awesome job, love my block grunge polka dots and sweet flowers.
Originally Posted by PamelaOry
Wow so many amazing blocks! Joan those waves are a great contrast with those chevrons. Kass, that sugar skull Dresden is wonderful!

i finished two more today. I was excited when I found this pattern woven ribbons on quilterscache. It is exactly what I wanted for these two sets of fabrics.

for Cheesehead:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597217[/ATTACH]

For Kass:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597218[/ATTACH]

The blocks are straight and square, just not my pictures. (Try as I might)
Old 07-04-2018, 04:59 PM

Thanks Libster, I’ve been terrified about what I’m going to do if I make a cutting mistake.

Originally Posted by Libster

Old 07-04-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry
Thanks Libster, I’ve been terrified about what I’m going to do if I make a cutting mistake.

PamelaOry, what I do is just play with what I have until I get an arrangement that I like. We all flub up at one time or another. Just don't panic if it happens to you. You can always ask us if one of us has more of the focus fabric left over. We're pretty good about helping each other out like that. We just drop what we have left into a business size envelope and mail it to whoever needs it. One stamp will do it.
Relax and enjoy creating your blocks. Best therapy in the world!
Old 07-04-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Last one for Dunes is done. Will start on waves maybe this weekend...Suppose to be cooler this weekend, I sure hope so ...this 105 heat index is brutal. This is for Mona. I counted my finished blocks to make sure I didnt miss one and they are sealed and put up in Janices' box she sent them in so I dont lose any!! Happy Fourth of July!
Thanks, I love the movement of this block.