Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >
  • Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

• Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 02-04-2019, 10:41 PM

So, I had to run to the store today to buy more fabric, wash and cut an actual F8 and not my foggy idea of an F8. I am grateful I caught the error in time.

Janice, I can understand the frustration of being sick, especially away from home.

So fun to see the cute blocks. Bright and cheery, Cheesehead and I love the plaid one done in the side swap by Teriamn.
    Old 02-05-2019, 03:11 AM

Heavens to Betsy, I had my fill of "bugs" over the weekend...lol. But SBG, those plaids are terrific. They'll make a beautiful quilt.
    Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    You can put a 'bug' in Janice's ear...
    Old 02-05-2019, 03:15 AM

Darcyshannon, thanks for the tracking info and for your work to get the f8s ready. And yes, plenty of us mis-cut fabric occasionally. It happens. I'm sorry you are still ill. Sometimes illnesses just seem to linger. A check up with the doc is a good idea. Let us know how you are getting along.
    Old 02-05-2019, 03:58 AM

Default Bonus Blocks

I almost forgot about a question I received last week regarding "bonus" blocks, second or third blocks from the f8 if there is leftover fabric. First, I encourage all of you to use a goodly amount of the f8 in your first block. Swappers sending a 11x18 inch piece of fabric are sometimes discouraged when the block they receive only has a 4x4 inch or 6x6 inch piece of their fabric in it. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the fabric we send is the focus/focal fabric and should be the highlight of the block. Trying to squeeze two or three blocks out of one f8 may not allow for the f8 to shine. However, if you've made a block with the f8 and you have sufficient leftover for another one, of course you may make a second. The problem comes in when it's time to ship. Those in both groups will be receiving 38 blocks. Experience has taught me that 38 is the point at which I start struggling to put any extras in the package. So, if you wish to make a second block, please find out from the owner if they're in both groups. If they are, please see if they'd like it mailed directly to them. I don't want to do what I've had to do a number of times which is to contact people and tell them that they must send additional shipping money for me to upgrade the package to a box. If the person is in one group, bonus blocks should not be a problem. In the event you do make a bonus block, please be sure to add it to the same ziplock baggie as the primary block. Do not send an extra one as my counts will be off which will possibly delay everyone while I figure out what is what. Thanks!
    Old 02-05-2019, 04:40 AM

Great blocks over here ladies. CH that hunter's star is amazing!
    Old 02-05-2019, 05:36 AM

MacyBaby, congratulations on getting a new Juki! I saw that model at a sewing dealership, and while looking at it the saleslady mentioned what a wonderful machine it was. She commented how wonderful the Juki line was and referred to your machine as being on steroids. Lots of get up and go!

Terri, great job on the plaid star block you made for SBG.
    Old 02-05-2019, 06:07 PM

Our son in law was terribly sick all last week. He was down for three days felt better and whamo so sick again. Poor guy tested positive for the flu and strep throat. Oldest Dd was so sick she missed 3 days of work, she tested negative on the flu and they diagnosed her with bronchitis. It's been 2 weeks and she is just getting her energy back. My daughter is a work freak and for her to miss 3 days was earth shattering to her.

Janice can't imagine driving 3 hours being that sick. Glad you made it home ok.

Darcy Shannon hope you feel better soon
    Old 02-05-2019, 07:04 PM

This crud seems to be all over the country. My best friend now has pneumonia with hers. That ain't good when you're 83 years old. Suit up, Everybody. I think we all could benefit from it! I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers for all of our ailing ones. The powers that be are saying that it's peaking, so maybe we can all just hang on through the worst of it.
    Old 02-07-2019, 04:12 AM

It's been a couple of days and the board seems silent. I hope everyone is doing fine. Stay indoors, stay warm and take care of yourselves. Can't wait to get started making blocks with the different fabrics.
    Old 02-07-2019, 05:54 AM

Hope you all get to feeling better! I've been lucky to not be super sick for a very long time. DH had pneumonia from aspirating a bit of food late last fall, and then while he was just getting recovered from that he came down with a nasty head cold that knocked him off his feet for several more days (but at least it didn't get worse). He's been pretty good since, though a few weeks ago he squished a finger in the log splitter and the pain meds they gave him kept him in bed for a few days. His finger is healing up OK - but he says it's sure hurting with another winter storm on us.

As to "bonus" blocks - I'd prefer not to get any - I sent generous F8s of background fabric and if you don't use that much of it, please toss it in your scrap pile or something!