Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >
  • Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

• Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 03-01-2019, 10:46 AM

I’ve made a few of these for Janice. It’s fun.
    Old 03-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Was hoping to sew but headed up to the hosiptal. They broke my DIL water an hour ago and the contractions are increasing. They are only giving her until 6PM to have the baby, then it will be a C-section. She really does not want that so hoping for the best. Pictures to follow.
    Old 03-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Lots of discussion on this board today.

Hav, I'm wishing your DIL much luck and an uneventful delivery. Looking forward to the pix!
    Originally Posted by hav4boys
    Was hoping to sew but headed up to the hosiptal. They broke my DIL water an hour ago and the contractions are increasing. They are only giving her until 6PM to have the baby, then it will be a C-section. She really does not want that so hoping for the best. Pictures to follow.
    Macybaby, re: social interaction, I also get much of it here as I'm increasingly housebound with an elderly mother with many health issues who needs a lot of watching lately. My husband travels, albeit less than he used to, so I thank my lucky stars. She's not too pleased about it but accepts the attention as gracefully as she can, which isn't always very gracefully. BTW I completely love your "Sooner" block. It's wonderful. Thanks to a couple of wonderful Boomers, I also have a few made by them for previous Booms. They make me happy.

I'm about to call it a day. I'll check in tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day, Sooners.

Wait! I do have happy news to share. My eldest son will be moving from KS to NC in a few months. He's a PT and following a phone interview, the hospital in NC is impressed enough to offer to fly him out for the interview. That's a good sign I'm sure. Now instead of 13 hours away, it will only be 3. Yay!

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    Old 03-01-2019, 12:40 PM
    Power Poster

Cathy, I just love the blocks you make! The pinwheel one for Joan is especially pretty! I know Joan would just love all of the blocks we have made for her, and would be very excited about making them into a beautiful quilt. Wish she could see them.

Your 'conglomerate' block is really great! I always forget to do one of those, too.

Hav, sounds like you will have a baby tonight, one way or the other! Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Old 03-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by jaba
    NZ, just take off the Christmas decorations, go to the dollar store and get some St. Patrick’s Day stuff and redo it. You could go the holidays and leave it up all year
    Genius idea! Wish I had thought of that! But it's all taken down now and DH will take the totes down to the basement for me later. The girls enjoyed "helping" me. Whew, I had to take a nap while they did!
    Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 PM

Macybaby, I love that block you made with each Boom fabric! What a fun idea.

Since I am home pretty much all day, everyday, the QB is my social spot too. I don't have any girl friends, or go to any social events. My social events are Sunday breakfasts with family at Golden Corral!

Hav4boys, yay!! Another baby on the way! I too will pray your DIL has a safe delivery.

Such exciting news about your son, Janice! We used to live 3 hours from my DH's family, and even that seemed too far once the babies started coming! Now we are one hour away, and sometimes I wish we where even closer... but then DH would have to drive further to work. So I know we are where we are meant to be.

My only exciting news for today is that my new baby bassinet arrived in the mail. It's getting real!!! It was so funny to see how each girl reacted! My almost 3 yr old was fine with it and helped me set it up, then found a pillow for the baby, which she put inside. My 1 year old wanted to climb inside and was a bit jealous that it wasn't for her! There is still plenty of time to slowly get her ready for the Baby.
    Old 03-01-2019, 03:02 PM

Hendrix Dylan is here. 6 pounds 13 ounces 19.5 inches. His momma had to be induced and when they broke her water, his cord came out. Emergency C-section.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]609494[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-02-2019 at 01:50 AM. Reason: PM
    Old 03-01-2019, 06:07 PM

I’ve been busy all the ding dong day and just now catching up on all the chatter here.

First, Janice, thank you for sharing your heart with us. We can never guarantee another tomorrow so we need to express our love today. It’s been a hard week emotionally: a friend from our newlywed days was having a rough time with the flu and she went to the ER Monday. Tuesday afternoon Karen died. Age 52. Talk about shock. I’m numb.

I’m glad you contacted Joan’s family. That probably means a lot to them.

Queenb, the cupcake block you made for me is really cutd snd clever!!

h4b, congratulations on your new grandson! .

NZ, I made a block for you but won’t show it till all the rest are finished And I have time to go back and fix the flubs. Let’s just say its name is Murphy because everything that could go wrong, did. I like it, though!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-02-2019 at 01:51 AM. Reason: to match edited post
    Old 03-01-2019, 11:12 PM

For NZQuilter Bright Morning Star
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]609536[/ATTACH]

Zozee Butterfly Star
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]609537[/ATTACH]

DarcyShannon Frogs Galore
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]609538[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails nzquilter-sooner-boom-22.jpg   zozee-sooner-boom-22.jpg   sooner-boom-22-darcyshannon.jpg  
    Old 03-01-2019, 11:16 PM

QueenBarbieJ Wyoming Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]609539[/ATTACH]

MonaG Woven Star

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609540[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails sooner-boom-22-jessicahall.jpg   monag-sooner-boom-22.jpg