Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

• Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 03-20-2019, 04:03 PM

Blowin in the wind, picket fences. It’s getting better and better.
    Great finish Klaws.
    Here’s one for Vikkim. It’s the same pattern as the one I did for Terriamn. It’s fun to see the different fabrics.
    It’s square.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610585[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails d2fe48d2-6ce2-47ab-aadd-466c3f22dcf6.jpeg  
    Old 03-20-2019, 04:13 PM

TG, the info on JEB is generally posted in Sooner since they're the ones making blocks. At this point, I've heard nothing from the family. Right now I'm just collecting the blocks as they come in from Sooner and we'll see what happens. I will probably try one more time but I don't want to pester them if they aren't interested. I'm certain that Joan would want somebody to use her blocks. A couple people have come forward and expressed some interest in helping to make a quilt but we aren't there yet. Thanks for asking!
    Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Just took a look at gallery - wowser - I sure hope to see the finished quilts
    DarcyShannon - I just saw the plum block, not sure how I missed it - but love it. Colors are perfect - thank you.

I must have really missed something - could someone tell me what is being done for Joan? Blocks? What is needed for it? How can I help?
    Old 03-20-2019, 04:45 PM

Beautiful block mjpEncinitas! How do you get the stitching to follow the curves so well in your applique? It looks fabulous!
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    Great finish Klaws.
    Here’s one for Vikkim. It’s the same pattern as the one I did for Terriamn. It’s fun to see the different fabrics.
    It’s square.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:02 PM

TG, your picket fence block for AnnieQuilts is inspired. Love it! And your new blocks with the leaves blowing in the wind is terrific. I've already replaced the other with it.
    Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Here are my final two
    Kassandra's make over - (Janice if you would be so kind as to delete the other block in the gallery)
    And Annie needed a white picket fence for her flowers - or that is how I see it! Found some WOW with flowers on it too!
    I sure hope they will play with the other blocks and I got all the colors correct!
    Prayers for Terriamn -
    Klaws, great block for Jaba. I'm loving the brown with hers and yours shows off a lot of her fabric. Love it!
    Originally Posted by klaws
    I have one more block finished. This one is for Jaba.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610560[/ATTACH]
    Old 03-20-2019, 05:13 PM

mjpEncinitas, you are an applique genius. Beautiful flower block for Vikkim. I didn't immediately recognize it as being the same as Terriamn's block. You can really appreciate it much better when photographed straight on. It's even prettier than I imagined. Lucky Boomers.
    Great finish Klaws.
    It’s square.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:38 PM

MJP, I am so glad you are back with us. Your block for Vikkim is beautiful.

Thanks Janice for giving us an update on Joan's blocks, I know we are anxious to help in any way once you give us the go ahead.
    Old 03-20-2019, 07:31 PM

Wow! That is beautiful! Thank you mjp!

Great finish Klaws.
    It’s square.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-21-2019 at 02:04 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry
    Beautiful block mjpEncinitas! How do you get the stitching to follow the curves so well in your applique? It looks fabulous!
    its the same technique you use with free motion quilting. I put my FMQ foot on and stitch around the flowers and swirl twice. I started by using the blanket stitch but it showed too much so I took the stitches out. Terriamn’s block got the blanket stitch but Vikkim’s block needed the FMQ.

im much better at FMQ than piecing. My favorite part of quilting is designing the blocks/quilt and FMQ the quilt after I’ve got the three layers together.
    Old 03-20-2019, 10:14 PM

Thanks for this wonderful block. The little hedgehogs are adorable.

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily
    Another two blocks for the viewing...

BiblioStone - this block is called Yankee Puzzle in EQ8 - the green isn't quite so dark as shown in this evening picture.. and the white is a true white on white..
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]610463[/ATTACH]

AnnieQuilts - this block is listed as Patience Block in EQ8.. the white is a true white on white and much more subtle than shown..
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]610464[/ATTACH]

Hope these fit well into your arrangement of blocks! I thought both turned out even better than anticipated when planning them. Fun fabrics!
    Old 03-21-2019, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon
    Here is one more that I finished for Lstew complete with a story. I have not done two toned rectangles before so I did it with my own fabric first like a HST and ended up with this. I could laugh and realize that my technique for HST 2 at a time will not work for rectangles since I had tried with my own fabric. I would need to cut the triangles first, THEN sew. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610459[/ATTACH]

Then playing around, I got this and will play more to finish. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610460[/ATTACH] I recommend it, it is fun, like a beach umbrella.

So after realizing I needed to cut first to get rectangles, I was able to make your block. Lstew hope it is the right orange.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]610461[/ATTACH]

I am sure most of you wouldn’t need to cut fabric to figure this out but alas, I seem to need to see it.
    That is a great block. I love it. I learn by being hands on too. I have so many blocks that are practice blocks. The animal shelter loves to see me coming. I make small blankets and use fleece as the batting. Uses up those stray blocks great