Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

• Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 04-01-2019, 04:15 PM

Well, I just posted my last two blocks! I will be bundling them up to send off to Janice. I did want to take time to say thank you to you all for your kind words and encouragement. I've enjoyed hearing about your personal lives such as babies, young quilters and even the health challenges. This truly is an amazing group of people!! Janice, your coordination of this process is admirable in so many ways. The organization and time you put into this is a gift to us all. I also really appreciate your positive encouraging spirit all the while you make sure things run smoothly. A true leader!!

Finally, PamelaOry, my daughter has been a great mentor and encouragement to me. She has literally given me the gift of quilting! Even before the boom she helped me buy my machine, find my first classes, and sat next to me as I struggled though my first class. We have ventured out to all the local quilt shops as I learned the difference in a fq and quarter yard and what kind of thread to buy. Once I signed up for the boom, she took me out to find my fabric and talked me through what I needed to do to get my fabric cut up and sent out. When our packages arrived, off to the fabric stores we went. Then she helped me cut and sew my first few blocks! What a gift God has given me in her!

Aside from all the awesome people in this journey, I've found a couple other buddies who I call "oops" and "thing". I've gotten to know them well!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]611129[/ATTACH]

I'll continue to check in, but did want to post a note to let you all know how much I've enjoyed this experience! I love all the beautiful blocks made for me and have really enjoyed all of the beautiful fabrics and making the different blocks for each of you!

Attached Thumbnails 20190401_165607.jpg  
    Old 04-01-2019, 04:18 PM

Everyone is making such beautiful blocks. I admire all the talent. I love the latest blocks posted. Great job ladies.

I made another one over the weekend for hav4boys:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611130[/ATTACH]

The white fabric has glitter in it.
    Attached Thumbnails hav4boys.jpg  
    Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Terriamn, glad to hear you are doing well.

sewbiz, congrats on the new baby, can't wait to see pictures.

Friday, I auditioned for out local theater's production of "Mamma Mia" It's my first time for auditioning for a big Musical like this and a Lead role. Well today I got an email for a call Back, They want to hear me sing again. This time something from the show. I'm so excited. I love ABBA music and I hope I get the part. Wish me luck
    Old 04-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Just checking in, have had a hard time getting on the board for a few days. Love the blocks I’ve seen for me, they are perfect.
    been busy with final doctor appointments for hubby and me, trying to get our car repaired, we were rear ended, and getting things put away inside and outside for the summer. We’ll probably be leaving for Wyoming in about 10 days so just trying to get everything wrapped up and double checking making sure not to forget something. Thank heavens we’re not on a strict schedule.
    Will keep checking in when I can. Thank you so much again ladies for such beautiful blocks, looking forward to the next Boom
    Old 04-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by vikkim
    Well, I just posted my last two blocks! I will be bundling them up to send off to Janice. I did want to take time to say thank you to you all for your kind words and encouragement. I've enjoyed hearing about your personal lives such as babies, young quilters and even the health challenges. This truly is an amazing group of people!! Janice, your coordination of this process is admirable in so many ways. The organization and time you put into this is a gift to us all. I also really appreciate your positive encouraging spirit all the while you make sure things run smoothly. A true leader!!

Finally, PamelaOry, my daughter has been a great mentor and encouragement to me. She has literally given me the gift of quilting! Even before the boom she helped me buy my machine, find my first classes, and sat next to me as I struggled though my first class. We have ventured out to all the local quilt shops as I learned the difference in a fq and quarter yard and what kind of thread to buy. Once I signed up for the boom, she took me out to find my fabric and talked me through what I needed to do to get my fabric cut up and sent out. When our packages arrived, off to the fabric stores we went. Then she helped me cut and sew my first few blocks! What a gift God has given me in her!

Aside from all the awesome people in this journey, I've found a couple other buddies who I call "oops" and "thing". I've gotten to know them well!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]611129[/ATTACH]

I'll continue to check in, but did want to post a note to let you all know how much I've enjoyed this experience! I love all the beautiful blocks made for me and have really enjoyed all of the beautiful fabrics and making the different blocks for each of you!

Vikkim, speaking for myself, I have so enjoyed all of you new Boomers in this round. I sincerely hope that this will be only the first of the Booms that you all join in going forward. I feel that we really are a close sisterhood of quilters. And, Vikkim, you may be a beginner, but, boy, you are a natural at this quilting deal! I love the blocks you've made for us. And, we all love our Janice. Without her, there would be no Booms. She is a special lady. (Don't tell her I said that though)
    Old 04-01-2019, 05:12 PM

How exciting!!!!!! I have no musical ability (and there is no one in my family on either side that does). I love live theater and musicals though, hope you get the part and "bring the house down".
    Originally Posted by Lstew2212
    Terriamn, glad to hear you are doing well.

sewbiz, congrats on the new baby, can't wait to see pictures.

Friday, I auditioned for out local theater's production of "Mamma Mia" It's my first time for auditioning for a big Musical like this and a Lead role. Well today I got an email for a call Back, They want to hear me sing again. This time something from the show. I'm so excited. I love ABBA music and I hope I get the part. Wish me luck
    Old 04-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Vikkim, what lovely things to say. Your blocks have been outstanding even for an experienced quilter, you are a quick learner and a natural. (and have a good teacher) Hope it isn't your last boom.
    Old 04-01-2019, 05:31 PM

My last three blocks

Anniequilts, Terriamn and Kassaundra

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611137[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails anniequilts.jpeg   terriamn.jpeg   kassaundra.jpeg  
    Old 04-01-2019, 05:32 PM

I love my block, thanks.
    Originally Posted by JayneW
    My last three blocks

Anniequilts, Terriamn and Kassaundra

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611137[/ATTACH]
    Old 04-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Good evening Boomers,

I wanted to share with all of you what has been going on in my world the past couple months. My husband of 27 years decided he no longer wants to be married. We are in the middle of a divorce and I am closing on a new house and moving this Friday. It has been an absolute emotional rollercoaster and the most painful thing I have ever gone through. On the up side, I have a job I love, am financially secure and have an amazing support group of friends and family. I have been pretty absent from this swap and will be the first to admit chose very simple blocks for the boom so that I could fufill this obligation before my move.

Hugs to all of you.