Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

• Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 04-01-2019, 05:54 PM

Oh my, threw away a 27 year marriage, what a fool! With so many life changes going on in your world it is amazing you even did the boom. No worries about a "simple" block, well made is what it's about, simple / complex are both great especially in sampler/ friendship type quilts.

Originally Posted by JayneW
    Good evening Boomers,

I wanted to share with all of you what has been going on in my world the past couple months. My husband of 27 years decided he no longer wants to be married. We are in the middle of a divorce and I am closing on a new house and moving this Friday. It has been an absolute emotional rollercoaster and the most painful thing I have ever gone through. On the up side, I have a job I love, am financially secure and have an amazing support group of friends and family. I have been pretty absent from this swap and will be the first to admit chose very simple blocks for the boom so that I could fufill this obligation before my move.

Hugs to all of you.
    Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 PM

My last three blocks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611135[/ATTACH]

Thanks Jayne. I love it!
    Old 04-01-2019, 06:54 PM

So sorry to hear Jayne! What a horrible thing to go through. You’re in my prayers.
    Good evening Boomers,

I wanted to share with all of you what has been going on in my world the past couple months. My husband of 27 years decided he no longer wants to be married. We are in the middle of a divorce and I am closing on a new house and moving this Friday. It has been an absolute emotional rollercoaster and the most painful thing I have ever gone through. On the up side, I have a job I love, am financially secure and have an amazing support group of friends and family. I have been pretty absent from this swap and will be the first to admit chose very simple blocks for the boom so that I could fufill this obligation before my move.

Hugs to all of you.
    Old 04-01-2019, 06:56 PM

So glad you joined us for the boom! You really are a natural.
    Originally Posted by vikkim
    Well, I just posted my last two blocks! I will be bundling them up to send off to Janice. I did want to take time to say thank you to you all for your kind words and encouragement. I've enjoyed hearing about your personal lives such as babies, young quilters and even the health challenges. This truly is an amazing group of people!! Janice, your coordination of this process is admirable in so many ways. The organization and time you put into this is a gift to us all. I also really appreciate your positive encouraging spirit all the while you make sure things run smoothly. A true leader!!

Finally, PamelaOry, my daughter has been a great mentor and encouragement to me. She has literally given me the gift of quilting! Even before the boom she helped me buy my machine, find my first classes, and sat next to me as I struggled though my first class. We have ventured out to all the local quilt shops as I learned the difference in a fq and quarter yard and what kind of thread to buy. Once I signed up for the boom, she took me out to find my fabric and talked me through what I needed to do to get my fabric cut up and sent out. When our packages arrived, off to the fabric stores we went. Then she helped me cut and sew my first few blocks! What a gift God has given me in her!

Aside from all the awesome people in this journey, I've found a couple other buddies who I call "oops" and "thing". I've gotten to know them well!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]611129[/ATTACH]

I'll continue to check in, but did want to post a note to let you all know how much I've enjoyed this experience! I love all the beautiful blocks made for me and have really enjoyed all of the beautiful fabrics and making the different blocks for each of you!

Old 04-01-2019, 09:05 PM

Thank you for the block Jayne. Simple for you but not for me. I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles. Last time I heard of a man wanting a divorce after such a long marriage dementia was involved.

We we are leaving tomorrow on our long camping trip. My DH came in and laughed when he saw me quilting instead of packing. I was making the foundation for Klaws crazy quilt block. I like it so much by itself I’m not sure if embroidery and beading will make it better. What do you think? It’s not finished either way. You were worried about the quilt being too subtle Klaws. This block should take care of that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611139[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 7e403dcd-8250-437e-b6e1-bf0a1ec46dea.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 04-01-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    Old 04-02-2019, 02:31 AM

Mjp, I love it as is but it’s whatever you think is best. Thank goodness for all the creative people out there!
    Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
    ....We we are leaving tomorrow on our long camping trip. My DH came in and laughed when he saw me quilting instead of packing. I was making the foundation for Klaws crazy quilt block. I like it so much by itself I’m not sure if embroidery and beading will make it better. What do you think? It’s not finished either way. You were worried about the quilt being too subtle Klaws. This block should take care of that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611139[/ATTACH]
    Old 04-02-2019, 02:34 AM

JayneW, thank you for my beautiful block!

I replied to your email...send those blocks to me.

Hugs.
    Old 04-02-2019, 02:47 AM

JayneW, so sorry to hear your news. Just know you always have our shoulders to lean on when you need to. ((((((Hugs))))))
    Old 04-02-2019, 03:12 AM

JayneW, sorry to hear about your news, you are a strong woman. You will come out better in the end. (((hugs))) to you. I love your blocks

mjp, Love your crazy block, you have talent.

Everyone in this group has a special talent. The highlight of my day is looking at this group and follow each of your lives.

Happy Tuesday everyone
    Old 04-02-2019, 04:48 AM

Wishing you luck! I hope you get the role!
    Originally Posted by Lstew2212
    ...Friday, I auditioned for out local theater's production of "Mamma Mia" It's my first time for auditioning for a big Musical like this and a Lead role. Well today I got an email for a call Back, They want to hear me sing again. This time something from the show. I'm so excited. I love ABBA music and I hope I get the part. Wish me luck