Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >
  • Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

• Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM

I won't have my extra Zuni fabric (the stuff I am designing) finished and printed it time, so this boom will probably be a rose /orange colored fabric and next one the Zuni.
    Old 06-16-2019, 06:33 PM

I've got both of my fabrics ready to mail. All I need to do is add the group name to each gallon bag along with the count of baggies included.
    Old 06-17-2019, 03:18 AM

GramE your Labyrinth quilt is gorgeous

My fabrics for one group are all bagged up just need to add my request. Second group is ready to be bagged.

Went to a retreat here in town last week where we sewed together blocks for quilt tops . They will be quilted and sent to Wrap a Smile or Quilts without Borders. Thankfully I was feeling fine and able to attend

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613910[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 766ca1d5-b725-4ee9-b65a-7fe77b592184.jpeg  
    Old 06-17-2019, 03:48 AM

Morning! I'm feeling more like myself today. Had a terrible (fabulous) meltdown over the weekend that really was overdue and a big reason I feel more like myself, I'm sure. Not good to keep all that emotion locked up. That's a good thing as I've got several errands to run and life calls. Looks like rain is on the way again for the week. DH is in OK for the day and right near Prairie Quilt. Great guy that he is he's going to stop in and send me pix of the shop - not buy me fabric, but send me pix of what I'm missing. LOL. So DH! Hoping everyone has a pleasant week!

GramE, your Labyrinth is beautiful!
    Originally Posted by GramE
    Boy, I got my Labyrinth done just in time! Need to get my fabric washed and cut and bagged!
    Kassaundra, we'll look forward to seeing it completed one day soon.
    Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I won't have my extra Zuni fabric (the stuff I am designing) finished and printed it time, so this boom will probably be a rose /orange colored fabric and next one the Zuni.
    Libster, you are always right on top of the Booms, aren't you?!
    Originally Posted by Libster
    I've got both of my fabrics ready to mail. All I need to do is add the group name to each gallon bag along with the count of baggies included.
    Terriamn, I've been so out of touch. I'm thrilled to hear you are feeling well and had a pleasurable time with your retreat! I hope this means that you are feeling like your old self, maybe even better. Glad you are ready to go with Boom 23, too.
    Originally Posted by terriamn
    GramE your Labyrinth quilt is gorgeous. My fabrics for one group are all bagged up just need to add my request. Second group is ready to be bagged.

Went to a retreat here in town last week where we sewed together blocks for quilt tops . They will be quilted and sent to Wrap a Smile or Quilts without Borders. Thankfully I was feeling fine and able to attend
    Old 06-17-2019, 04:30 AM
    Power Poster

The Labrynth is great, GramE!

Terri, what a fun picture. Can see just from your face that you are losing lots of weight! Glad you felt well enough to go to the retreat.

Janice hang in there...

Hope all the Dads in our lives had a great Father’s Day yesterday.
    Old 06-17-2019, 05:08 AM

Janice, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit more like yourself. A good cry can sometimes really be helpful. I know I can't bottle up emotions well.

Looking forward to watching the next Boom! Wow, some of you are ready already!

I was really hoping to give Hubby a baby for Father's Day, but Baby is quite content baking a bit longer. I'm due next week. Both my other babies came naturally on their due dates, so I shouldn't be surprised. Some days I feel like I can keep going, and other days I'm begging Baby to be born, lol!
    Old 06-17-2019, 06:34 AM

Janice, good to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Looking forward to the next boom. I might join in both this time. In the meantime, I will be working on a quilt for an auction at my church in October.

GramE, love your labyrinth. I've always wanted to do one.

Terri, it looks like you had a good time at the retreat. Glad that you felt well enough to attend. I'm sure it felt good to get out.

Kass, looking forward to seeing your Zuni fabric. I guess we will have to wait until Boom 24.
    Old 06-17-2019, 10:29 AM

Janice, I’m so glad your feeling a bit better. Grief for me, came in waves. Even to this day, some 20 odd years later, I get hit with it from time to time. You’ll never be “over it” but you do learn to live with it. It’s bitter sweet because it’s the memories that bring on the sadness sometimes, and the memories are precious.

Kass, sorry we are going to miss out on Zuni this time....it gives us something to look forward to though!

Terri, So glad you are feeling better, you look really happy.

Nz, I bet you are ready! Those last few weeks can be so hard, hang in there! (As if you have a choice.

GramE, great labyrinth!
    Old 06-18-2019, 02:46 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Good news, I've got the ok to post the sign-ups for Boom 23. I'm shooting for 7/1. Part of me wants to post today to get it going, but a couple of more weeks will give me a better footing. Plus, I'm working on Joan's quilt now so I want to have time to devote to it exclusively. I've also got a couple of finished tops that will go to the LA but they need backs. I completed a 9P top a month or more back and it's already languishing in the UFO pile. No more dilly-dallying around. Time to get back into my sewing room!

Thanks, NZQ. Will be thinking of you in the coming days. Babies come when they're ready but surely yours is going to make his or her appearance pretty soon. Am excited for you!
    Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Janice, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit more like yourself. A good cry can sometimes really be helpful. I know I can't bottle up emotions well.

Looking forward to watching the next Boom! Wow, some of you are ready already!

I was really hoping to give Hubby a baby for Father's Day, but Baby is quite content baking a bit longer. I'm due next week. Both my other babies came naturally on their due dates, so I shouldn't be surprised. Some days I feel like I can keep going, and other days I'm begging Baby to be born, lol!
    Klaws, thanks. You'd be welcome in both groups, obviously.
    Originally Posted by klaws
    Janice, good to hear that you are doing somewhat better. Looking forward to the next boom. I might join in both this time. In the meantime, I will be working on a quilt for an auction at my church in October.

GramE, love your labyrinth. I've always wanted to do one.

Terri, it looks like you had a good time at the retreat. Glad that you felt well enough to attend. I'm sure it felt good to get out.

Kass, looking forward to seeing your Zuni fabric. I guess we will have to wait until Boom 24.
    PamelaOry, thank you. Grief definitely comes in waves, small ones and big ones. I may not know which is coming next but I accept there will be another and another after that. And it's ok, as it should be. Sounds like you'll be in for Boom 23. Yay!
    Originally Posted by PamelaOry
    Janice, I’m so glad your feeling a bit better. Grief for me, came in waves. Even to this day, some 20 odd years later, I get hit with it from time to time. You’ll never be “over it” but you do learn to live with it. It’s bitter sweet because it’s the memories that bring on the sadness sometimes, and the memories are precious. Kass, sorry we are going to miss out on Zuni this time....it gives us something to look forward to though! Terri, So glad you are feeling better, you look really happy. Nz, I bet you are ready! Those last few weeks can be so hard, hang in there! (As if you have a choice. GramE, great labyrinth!
    Old 06-18-2019, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter

Oh those third babies. My first two were born 3 1/2 week and 2 weeks early. The third baby came a week late but to me it felt like a month late. The midwife told me never count on those third babies doing what the others do. She turned out to be right about more than just his birth. Hang in there.