• Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Old 08-20-2019, 02:49 PM

Love it Terriamn. Thank you.
    Old 08-20-2019, 03:54 PM

One more I forgot to post Moonrise

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616447[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails d3055050-0338-49e0-be8c-095bea573b0c.jpeg  
    Old 08-20-2019, 03:56 PM

Jaba thank you for my lovely bunny blocks. Love Macybaby’s blocks also.
    Old 08-20-2019, 04:07 PM

Lots of pretty blocks. I'm really liking the one color blocks you all are making for me.

I got one block finished last weekend. This is or moonrise.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]616449[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails moonrise.jpg  
    Old 08-20-2019, 05:28 PM

So I am doing a sideswap with Sewbizgirl over in Night Owls. I have her center done, have had it done for a while but wasn’t convinced that I liked them together. No problem, lay it aside, it will look different on a different day.

So a different day came, yesterday and I decided to put them together, but I cannot find her fabric. Hasn’t been cut, but it has been staring at me from the front of the BoomBin for a couple of weeks. No where. Not panicking, but anxious. Nothing in the sewing room gets thrown away without being sifted through at least twice. I have a small can and a bigger can that is supposed to be sifted through stuff, but i’ve Been known to sift twice!

Knowing it could be stuck on something and I don’t know it kinda worries me. But I have a quilt to finish, a birthday bag to make, and a follow up eye appointment to keep me busy.

As I sat down here tonight to call it a night, a neon sign flashed in my head, “it’s in the copier”. And my second thought was what’s in the, oh, that’s where Sewbizgirl’s fabric is, in the copier. I was trying to figure out if a way I wanted to cut it would work so I copied it onto 3 sheets of paper so I could cut without worry. But, I didn’t lift the lid and take the fabric out! Aaaahhh. Relieved. It will stay in the copier until I rescue it in the morning.

I love solving problems. I love it more when they aren’t mine! ❤️
    Old 08-21-2019, 02:32 AM

Oh, my goodness, GramE. Number one, I love your ingenuity of using the copier and number two, I know the sinking feeling of "losing" an F8. Glad you had your neon light moment!
    Originally Posted by GramE
    So I am doing a sideswap with Sewbizgirl over in Night Owls. I have her center done, have had it done for a while but wasn’t convinced that I liked them together. No problem, lay it aside, it will look different on a different day.

So a different day came, yesterday and I decided to put them together, but I cannot find her fabric. Hasn’t been cut, but it has been staring at me from the front of the BoomBin for a couple of weeks. No where. Not panicking, but anxious. Nothing in the sewing room gets thrown away without being sifted through at least twice. I have a small can and a bigger can that is supposed to be sifted through stuff, but i’ve Been known to sift twice!

Knowing it could be stuck on something and I don’t know it kinda worries me. But I have a quilt to finish, a birthday bag to make, and a follow up eye appointment to keep me busy.

As I sat down here tonight to call it a night, a neon sign flashed in my head, “it’s in the copier”. And my second thought was what’s in the, oh, that’s where Sewbizgirl’s fabric is, in the copier. I was trying to figure out if a way I wanted to cut it would work so I copied it onto 3 sheets of paper so I could cut without worry. But, I didn’t lift the lid and take the fabric out! Aaaahhh. Relieved. It will stay in the copier until I rescue it in the morning.

I love solving problems. I love it more when they aren’t mine! ❤️
    Old 08-21-2019, 02:48 AM

Morning! Catching up again this morning. Better to be inside than outside since it'll be another scorcher today. The pups are going to require their morning constitutional despite the heat but I'm stalling as long as possible since I'm so sleepy this morning and heaven forbid, I've given up coffee. Egads!

Terriamn, Love the soft colors in Macybaby's block. The cherries are cheery and I like that large center of yours for Hav with all those kitties. Glad you had your giggle time with the grands.
    Originally Posted by terriamn
    Took dd and 3 grand’s out to lunch and back to school shopping for tennis shoes. Ouch! They were well behaved and we had lots of giggle time.

This is for Macybaby, almost have HB4’s block completed.
    Jaba, love the bunny blocks and those for Macybaby are very pretty. Love the colors you chose.
    Originally Posted by jaba
    I finished the Early Birds blocks today, thought I had a lot more to do than these 4. Hope they will work for you ladies.
    2 for terriamn

2 for Macybaby

Now to start on the later group
    Mona G, very pretty cherry block for Moonrise.
    Originally Posted by Mona G
    Lots of pretty blocks. I'm really liking the one color blocks you all are making for me.

I got one block finished last weekend. This is or moonrise.
    Old 08-21-2019, 02:59 AM

Default Boom Biz - Color requests

Reminder to everyone to read and reread the color requests before making your blocks. It’s important to use the colors requested as often as possible or your block may end up not being used. Anyone with questions about a particular request should contact the fabric owner directly, post here or ask me and I’ll handle it. Thank you!

We're definitely having issues in both groups so I'm making the unusual request that everyone go back and review the requests that came with your fabrics. If you spot an issue, please see if you can fix it.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by SuziSew
    Ooooo...Macy! Both are great but love the one for Moonrise! Can you share the block name?

All of the blocks have been fabulous!
    It is the Minnesota block from Carol Doak's 50 paper pieced stars book.
    Old 08-21-2019, 09:52 AM

I just ordered that book Macybaby. I love the paper piecing.