Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >
  • Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

• Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-03-2019, 02:09 PM

Very pretty block hAV.

very embarrassing but now I have a good sized goose egg on my forehead, leaned down to pick up broom and forgot about the metal awning arm. I really need that bubble wrap

Pamela sounds like you had great customer service.

Cheesehead 80 family members, what a great turnout.

SMglover praying your infection heals quickly. Have been fighting one myself

Last edited by terriamn; 08-03-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    Old 08-03-2019, 04:08 PM

That ironing board has a lever that can make it lower to sitting height, lower it and put it next to your sewing area.

Originally Posted by Smglover207
    I can’t wait to have all these beautiful fabrics in my hand, but how to choose where to start?
    I am glad that I have a few more days, though. I had ankle surgery in June and part of the incision hasn’t healed and I have a nasty infection. Wound center treatment starts Monday. The surgery only slowed, not stopped my sewing though. That’s the great thing about speed control, I just slowed it down a bit until I got the hang of using my left foot. I had prepared projects that didn’t require standing or frequent trips to the ironing board.
    Old 08-03-2019, 05:12 PM

This morning was a fun and quilty day with our guilds monthly 'sit and sew'. It is always fun. This morning I got 12 quilt blocks for a quilt I am working on completed. They are 8 1/2" blocks. I am working my way up to being ready to start this swap! So I want to get as much on this quilt done so my hands and cutting table are clear for the BOOM 23! I have been reading and listening quietly for the most part here. The anticipation is climbing and I can hardly wait to get my fingers on all these wonderful fabrics and see just what I can do for each of you. Only a few more days to wait.
    Old 08-03-2019, 06:36 PM
    Power Poster

Beautiful star, Hav. I love that blue batik...
    Old 08-05-2019, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    My first Night Owl block for myself.[ATTACH=CONFIG]615629[/ATTACH]
    Great Block, I love the blue.

Originally Posted by PamelaOry
    Oh no Smglover! I hope your able to get that infection under control. No fun indeed.

We too are back back from our family reunion/quilt retreat. Got in last night. We were going to be taking a connecting flight from KC to Seattle then to Portland and found out our first flight was going to be delayed enough to cause us to miss our connecting. At 2pm the staff from Alaska airlines worked miracles to change out flight to a 2pm flight straight to Portland....we literally boarded the plane with only seconds to spare. Then, because our luggage was still flying KC-Seattle-Portland, they drove 2 hours to deliver it to us so we didn’t have to drive all the way back to pick it up. It was a fantastic experience for us two tired old ladies.
    Sounds like you got great customer service. Glad you got your luggage too. When I was reading your post, my forst thought was where did your luggage go.

Originally Posted by Smglover207
    I can’t wait to have all these beautiful fabrics in my hand, but how to choose where to start?
    I am glad that I have a few more days, though. I had ankle surgery in June and part of the incision hasn’t healed and I have a nasty infection. Wound center treatment starts Monday. The surgery only slowed, not stopped my sewing though. That’s the great thing about speed control, I just slowed it down a bit until I got the hang of using my left foot. I had prepared projects that didn’t require standing or frequent trips to the ironing board.
    Praying your infection clears up soon.
    Old 08-05-2019, 02:55 AM

I have to clean my sewing room before I get started on Boom 23. I also need to get started on Christmas Sewing.
    Old 08-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Quick FYI, all F8 packages have been received. Thank you, Night Owls. Great job getting your F8s in early. They'll go out ahead of schedule. I'm away for a few days but I'll try to ship on Thursday or Friday of this week. Thanks!

Annt59
    Bibliostone
    Cheesehead
    Hav4boys
    IrishMom
    Jaba
    Juliasb
    Kassaundra
    Klaws
    Libster
    Lstew2212
    Marija
    MjpEncinitas
    PamelaOry
    Queenbarbiej
    Sewbizgirl
    Smglover207
    SuziSew
    Terriamn
    Vikkim

Talk to you all soon!
    Old 08-05-2019, 03:20 PM

I got a new plant today, a phalanopsis orchid, I have 2 I rescued from the clearance rack about 6 months ago that didn't die, so now I got a pretty one full price w/ blooms, she is beautiful and I am going to try my hand a water culture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615703[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0283.jpg   dsc_0284.jpg   dsc_0285.jpg   dsc_0287.jpg   dsc_0288.jpg  

Old 08-05-2019, 03:30 PM

Kass, your orchid is beautiful. I have a friend who has about ten different ones. She waters them with ice cubes. She has them sitting in a den window with the morning light. The hummingbirds are hilarious trying to get to them through the glass. Alas, if I touch one it just keels over and dies. I can do African violets, but not orchids. Good luck with that beauty!
    Old 08-05-2019, 04:10 PM

Beautiful plant Kass!