Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >
  • Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

• Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-11-2019, 08:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by juliasb
    The fabrics arrived yesterday. I can't look at them yet because I haven't cleared off my cutting table yet from the quilt I am currently working on.
    Just open the package and count the number of baggies and let Janice know. She's waiting to hear if everyone received the number they were supposed to.
    Old 08-11-2019, 08:28 AM

I seem to be having a problem with double postings for some reason. I just looked up and saw one here. I apologize for this. It also happened on another post. I have no clue what is going on. I am making good progress on my current quilt and can't wait to dig in on blocks for here. I figure another day or so. If not the current quilt gets put away until these blocks are finished. I have to prioritize these blocks. I can finish this quilt anytime I please. As I said I will give myself 3 days. Yesterday was one. So today I have been working on it all morning with a break here and there for this. I have completed a great deal and I am getting ready to complete another large piece of it. My body is not cooperating this morning the way I need it to.
    I had a shingles shot the other day and am now breaking out in a rash. I will see the doctor Wednesday. I don't feel bad at this time but a bit itchy. Needless to say I am staying in today and being very watchful. I hate being slowed down.

Last edited by juliasb; 08-11-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: miss spelling
    Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 AM

Oh goodie! I can’t wait to see!
    Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Lovely blocks ladies. I got my squishy yesterday, Gary told me. I'm at work until a little later this morning, I might be able to get a peek between when I get home and church, but it would just be a peek wouldn't get to play. (that depends on when I get to leave work). Anyway after church today Pamela's block is on deck, it has been waiting patiently w/o all it's parts, I'm really hoping I can finish it today, then we'll see who was closer on the guesses, bees, or ocean animals.
    Originally Posted by juliasb
    I seem to be having a problem with double postings for some reason. I just looked up and saw one here. I apologize for this. It also happened on another post. I have no clue what is going on. I am making good progress on my current quilt and can't wait to dig in on blocks for here. I figure another day or so. If not the current quilt gets put away until these blocks are finished. I have to prioritize these blocks. I can finish this quilt anytime I please. As I said I will give myself 3 days. Yesterday was one. So today I have been working on it all morning with a break here and there for this. I have completed a great deal and I am getting ready to complete another large piece of it. My body is not cooperating this morning the way I need it to.
    I had a shingles shot the other day and am now breaking out in a rash. I will see the doctor Wednesday. I don't feel bad at this time but a bit itchy. Needless to say I am staying in today and being very watchful. I hate being slowed down.
    . Uggh! I hope it’s just a reaction to the shot that goes away. Don’t worry to much about hurrying, we have 3 months. ��
    Old 08-11-2019, 12:26 PM

My first block is finished for this boom. Now I can say the bee leg guess was closer (at least then ocean animals) however not correct. The first time I saw this fabric I thought "fairy dust" even though it didn't have sparkles to me it still looks like fairy dust, so who it the most memorable fairy??????? Isn't it you have to believe very hard and then clap to revive her???? (it has been a minute since I watched the movie) When I found this quilt block on line I looked everywhere to buy the pattern but couldn't find it anywhere so I drew it out. I simplified it into a silhouette, hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615958[/ATTACH]
    She's in a cloud of her own fairy dust.

I think Bstone's may be next on deck. Thanks for the alternate size fabric I appreciate that you gave me a piece taking repeats into consideration. I put my mirror on the fabric and think it is going to look great.
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0310.jpg  
    Old 08-11-2019, 12:53 PM

Kass, I love your Tinker Bell. I agree, she beats a crab leg or a bee's leg any ole' day.
    Old 08-11-2019, 02:37 PM

9 cute little 4 patches are the beginnings of Bstones block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615962[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_0311.jpg  
    Old 08-11-2019, 03:07 PM
    Power Poster

Kass that Tinkerbell is outstanding! Love how she's sprinkling the dust.
    Old 08-11-2019, 03:22 PM

Nice blocks Sewbiz, I remember that ginko leaf fabric.
    Old 08-11-2019, 03:25 PM
    Power Poster

Sorry... had to delete my post because it went sideways when I tried to edit pictures to add names! Here are the three blocks I made today:

Windmill for Marija
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]615968[/ATTACH]

Goose Tracks for Lstew2212
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]615969[/ATTACH]

Rocky Mountain Puzzle for MJPEncinitas
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]615970[/ATTACH]

Hope you ladies like them.
    Attached Thumbnails img_5453.jpg   img_5454.jpg   img_5455.jpg  
    Old 08-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Pretty blocks being made. I'm working on the Early Birds first, then I'll start on these. Love what I'm seeing so far.