Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >
  • Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

• Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-16-2019, 02:05 PM

Ouch! Glad to hear you are healing!
    Originally Posted by hav4boys
    On June 21 I was riding my bike home from work and the tire hit the train tracks and I went down. Fractured two ribs, my left scapula (shoulder blader) around the socket, and some horrid road rash. I am healing up well. I was out of work for 2.5 weeks but was unable to do much. So thankful to have my arm back in use.
    Old 07-16-2019, 02:21 PM

Oh no H4B, that sounds horrible. I do not recall hearing it before now either.
    Old 07-16-2019, 02:45 PM

Hav4boys, when you do something, you do it right, don't you? Oh man, that had to be horrible! So far the only broken bone I've ever had was a little toe. I did that on a door jamb. As my grandson would say, "That hurted!" But, I know that's nothing compared to what you've been through. Gentle ((((((Hugs))))))
    Old 07-16-2019, 02:49 PM

Definitely a love/hate relationship w/ bitties!!!!!

My record is 327 pieces in a 12 inch block.

Originally Posted by Smglover207
    Sewbiz, I’d love to see your warm wishes, I need to make a baby quilt soon.

Kass, can’t wait to see more. I have a new obsession with micro blocks, made an ornament from log cabin blocks that were 1 inch squares. I know your block will be bigger, but want to see what has such tiny pieces.
    Old 07-16-2019, 03:09 PM

I love all the fabrics shared and enjoy hearing everyone's color requests. I've been sooo tempted to sign up! But I know it would be very imprudent for me right now, with my daily (and nightly!) routine being so different these past few weeks. I have big plans to join in BOOm 24 next year.

I'll certainly be lurking here though. I'm currently tied to the sofa every couple of hours nursing my precious baby, so plenty of QB time.

Hav4boys, I'm glad you are healing! Ouch!!

Kass, boy, that is a teaser that you gave us! I think I'll join SBG and say bees knees.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 07-16-2019, 03:13 PM
    Power Poster

Yikes, Hav! You're going to be the first one we put in the bubble suit, this go-'round.
    Old 07-16-2019, 04:05 PM

Yikes hav, your bike crash sounds horrible. Add the heat and you must be feeling really crappy. Sending hugs your way and hope you continue to feel better each day.

We went to another big tourist town and spent the day thrift and boutique shopping. Bought a lawn game of big wood blocks for Farkle and Yahtzee. Perfect for the lake, bought lots of used books, a couple of new 1 yard fabric pieces for $2.00 each. We had lunch then stopped at the quilt shop. Had too good of a time there. My sister bought patterns to make a jelly roll rug and a basket. Something I have no experience in.

Hav I was trying to race my dh to the outside hose at the lake. My aqua socks were to long and I tripped over the toes. This wasn’t one of those quick falls, managed to scream and roll to my side, missing the picnic table bench and landed on my face. Particularly my nose. Poor hubby was practically in tears, he thought I had knocked myself out. Nope just road rash on my nose and bumps on my bridge that look like mini antlers. Iced it immediately, no black eyes or busted nose ( that’s what I thought I did ) . That was fall number 3 I have taken in the last couple of weeks. Hoping I am done with them for a bit.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2019 at 05:28 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 07-16-2019, 04:17 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Hav I was trying to race my dh to the outside hose at the lake. My aqua socks were to long and I tripped over the toes. This wasn’t one of those quick falls, managed to scream and roll to my side, missing the picnic table bench and landed on my face. Particularly my nose. Poor hubby was practically in tears, he thought I had knocked myself out. Nope just road rash on my nose and bumps on my bridge that look like mini antlers. Iced it immediately, no black eyes or busted nose ( that’s what I thought I did ) . That was fall number 3 I have taken in the last couple of weeks. Hoping I am done with them for a bit.
    Ok, another bubble suit is on order!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    Old 07-16-2019, 04:19 PM
    Power Poster

Today I had the most fun making this little blouse for gd#2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614902[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_e5347.jpg  
    Old 07-16-2019, 06:21 PM

My fabric is here! FedEx notifies me at 11am but I had to wait 6 hours until someone would go to the mailbox for me. Torture! I had ankle surgery 4 weeks ago and still can’t get down my front steps. But I have been sewing with my left foot.

the pink and orange is the fabric my daughter chose, and I was thinking TOT or solids of the orange and pink.

I could use a little help. This is the first time using a site like this and I can not get the photo to load.