Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >
  • Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

• Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-03-2020, 05:15 PM

Happily, my headache disappeared after a few hours. Phew! Today was busy with errands and cooking and some more unpacking. The baby has exhausted me this evening so I’ll be ready to drop into bed shortly after Charlie falls sleep. Her mom is doing a fantastic job and I couldn’t be prouder if she were my own daughter. (DS is traveling part of this week so I’m helping, not that DDIL needs much help.)

Dh has several more packages at home. The swap is looking good with the exception of one person who hasn’t responded to repeated attempts to reach her. I hope all is well. In any case, have a pleasant evening and I’ll post tomorrow or Thursday depending upon the time I get back tomorrow evening. Weather looks to be a bit nasty so I’ll have to take my time.
    Old 03-04-2020, 05:45 AM

My pinterest account has been getting a lot of action lately as I've been exploring various block patterns that pique my interest. I'm looking forward to petting everyone's pretty fabric and getting to play!
    Old 03-04-2020, 05:06 PM

Good evening, Boomers! I'm home safe and sound and working on your f8s. All expected packages are in and all are in order. Unfortunately, I say "expected" packages because one person hasn't been in touch at all since she signed up so I don't expect anything there. That being the case, I'm going to step back in and will fill the vacancy myself. The fabrics are just too pretty not to play with so I'm back in. Happy me!

The plan is to ship on Monday. We are having a computer/printer conflict but it should be figured out by then so I can print the labels. Worse comes to worse, I'll hand print them and take them to the post office. Either way, Monday looks to be the shipping day.

LAF2019, it's a lot of fun to find patterns to suit each fabric. I really enjoy going through my books and magazines and pinterest to find the right one. SewBiz, glad you escaped the severe storms this time. They seem extra scary in recent years. The one in TN is devastating. Marcialee, the feathers are so colorful. We'll enjoy working with that one. Klaws, I love all your florals! Annt, are you able to get into the gallery now?

That's it for me for tonight. I'll post a revised group list tomorrow but for now, you've all done your part and I've got a few things to do before shipping...like getting my fabric together. Have a nice evening everyone.
    Old 03-04-2020, 06:08 PM

This is my fat eighth. I am asking for turquoise, dark red or beige to complete my block. I am looking forward to seeing each of your fat eighths. I did get into it, Janice.
    Attached Thumbnails 3-420_0001.jpg  

Last edited by annt59; 03-04-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    Old 03-05-2020, 07:30 AM

Here's the final list of Boom 24 members.

annt59
    bibliostone
    Bugaroo*
    Christyj80590*
    hav4boys
    Janice McC
    juliasb
    klaws
    lum
    Macybaby
    marcialee
    Marija
    Mona G
    mjpEncinitas
    Queenbarbiej
    QuiltingLawyer*
    sewbizgirl
    SuziSew
    terriamn
    Travelinggramma

Old 03-05-2020, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by annt59
    This is my fat eighth. I am asking for turquoise, dark red or beige to complete my block. I am looking forward to seeing each of your fat eighths. I did get into it, Janice.
    I am so color challenged - I will have to go with beige or dark red. Turquoise and teals throw me for a loop unless /i can match them.... Now those feathers will be fun to match

I have been playing with new blocks. I didn't turn out so good. Then I moved onto the drunkard. I made a block with 16 and I love it - all 12.75" of it!! Need to press before showing picture. (Mom was ironing, and the last time she "ironed" anything quilty I had to wash and resize it!.)

Sunny day today - plan on walking. Need to build myself up to 3 miles since I signed up for a senior hiking class. It was for those who enjoy walking/hiking and looking around while you go - so that means not full steam ahead!
    Old 03-05-2020, 08:19 AM
    Power Poster

So excited about getting fabrics!
    Old 03-05-2020, 10:35 AM

Thanks Janice! I just noticed you posted my fabrics in Weebly. I took a picture but hadn't gotten around to getting it in the thread. You are awesome!
    Old 03-05-2020, 02:09 PM

Just got home from the Pigeon Forge TN Quilt Fest. It was wonderful!! I was too late top sign up for any classes but I did get to see Jenny on the Road from Missouri Quilt Company . She and her husband Ron were a hoot!!! Gave me so many ideas to rearrange simple blocks to more complicated and "oooooo and oooohh" blocks. Definitely getting excited about receiving my 8ths.
    Old 03-05-2020, 07:00 PM

It won’t be long now, Bugaroo. Glad you enjoyed the TN show.

We think we solved the printer problem. We hope we did anyway. I’m going to make up labels tomorrow so I should know soon if I have to go to plan B and write them all out. Ugh. I cut up my fabric tonight. I’m sending a blue daisy floral I planned for another project but it’s just so cheerful that I want to use it for the Boom. Still have to make up my baggies though with my color requests. I’ll finish tomorrow.