Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >
  • Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

• Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-14-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    This one is for juliesb. Its called Chimneys and Cornerstone.
    I am trying extremely hard to take my time with each block and not looking at the next and next!! Well I am taking my time but I am still looking at the next and finding a pattern!!
    Enjoy your day
    cute block for Juliasb
    Old 03-14-2020, 03:47 PM

Got two more done. The yellow/gold went well with both of these prints and it only takes 1 - 11 inch square to make two blocks so both Marcialee and JaniceMcM received Granny's Choice blocks. I hope they work for you.
    Attached Thumbnails marcialee.jpg   janicemcc.jpg  
    Old 03-14-2020, 04:46 PM

TG great blocks, they are all so pretty

Mona G love your first Dresden

Old 03-14-2020, 07:36 PM

Janice and Queenbarbiej, I love each of your blocks. Really makes my fabric come alive.
    Old 03-15-2020, 04:28 AM

I've finally been sewing! I wanted to get started yesterday and could not find my SewSteady grid glider. I know I'd rolled it up for storage during the move. I found the tube it should have been in but it wasn't there. I looked through all the drawers twice, and was looking inside the open rolls of stabilizer. Dug through all my totes and still could not find it. So I got disgusted and went down and made lunch. I was ready to order a new one but decided to look once more and this time I pulled out all of the rolls of stabilizer and other stuff I have for the ScanNCut machine - and I found it inside one of those. The roll had not been opened but it was on a 3" tube and I'd made a hole on one side so I could slip it in. It was put in the drawer so that the open side was to the back.

I'm very glad I found it, have it on the machine and did some test sewing to make sure everything was working as it should.

I pulled out the "5,500 quilt block designs" book and picked out 20 9patch variations. This book only has pictures so I used EQ8 to draw up patterns. That was a fun afternoon and I was able to get one block done yesterday and another this morning. I did get to feeling a bit overwhelmed looking for fabric, my stash is a bit unorganized and colors are mixed all over. I'll get that fixed eventually.

I took pictures but don't have them off the camera yet. It is good to be sewing!
    Old 03-15-2020, 05:55 AM

TG thank you for the dresden flower block. You're right about Kass. I'm sure she would have done something wild with it. But yours is just as wonderful! Love it!
    Terri, praying that your pain subsides quickly and you're back to normal in no time.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:27 AM

very nice block Mona, thank you
    Old 03-15-2020, 08:34 AM

I just started working on my practice blocks, One came out good, however I sized my pieces much larger than necessary so I had a lot of trimming down to get it to 121/2" but by the time I got it, it was good. Now the second on is not so easy since I cut the pieces about 1/8 " to small. So this one will go by the wayside for now. It can be used in another block. I will attempt a 3rd try and if I cut it right should be just right! The block I want to do has to be resized from a 10" block to 12?12". I am sure I will get it just right. Measure 2 (or more) and cut once. Bigger rather than smaller. I am done in for the day though. My body is just not there yet but it will be soon..
    Old 03-15-2020, 01:34 PM
    Power Poster

Wonderful blocks, ladies! And it's good to hear the surgery recoveries are going well. Dont try to do too much! Terri, I hope you are over the worst of the pain, tho I expect a surgery like yours takes a good while to recover from. Will be thinking of you.

Klaws, we took in an abandoned dog who had a broken tooth that needed to be pulled. They are happier afterwards. She ended up being the sweetest dog we ever had.
    Old 03-15-2020, 02:16 PM

Thanks for the pretty block Sewbiz. All the blocks I've seen so far are really nice. I"m trying to stay close to home. Good way to get some quilting done. I've finished a couple blocks.

My DH has health issues, but is really stubborn about staying in. Hope everyone that has been ill and had surgery recover soon.