Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >
  • Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

• Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 09-17-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    My husband came home this evening and told me I was getting a new sewing machine. We went to Meissner's Super Sewing Center and we ordered this beauty. Should be here in 3 weeks.
    Wow, what a beautiful sewing machine! Lucky lady!!
    Old 09-18-2020, 05:56 AM

I love my Janomes also, Hope you love it

Living at the lake this summer and pretty much being confined to a small group of retired people has made Covid much less unbearable for us. At home we didn’t see anyone else for days on end. The long drive to Texas and staying a couple nights in hotels Along the way has me more then a little anxious
    Old 09-18-2020, 06:43 AM

I found this Riley Blake material and ordered it for the next BOOM. I just love it.
    Attached Thumbnails toy-material.jpg  
    Old 09-18-2020, 02:28 PM

Yes, IrishMom, I've got a bit of the Covid blues here, too. I hadn't been busy enough the last few months and that was a drag. Now I've got the Booms, a FMQ quilting class for 12 weeks (now in week 3), a new sewing machine to figure out, Zoom yoga 3 times a week and had some family visiting and got to see the grand a month or so back, so those things all help. I miss going out to lunch with my friends. I'd like to feel normal again but in the meantime, I'll just try to stay busier. My plate is now as full as I can get it without feeling overwhelmed.
    Originally Posted by IrishMom
    Love that idea! I want people to have FUN with the fabric.

Anyone else have the COVID blues? Obviously it was hard when it hit, but I had so much to do. I'm an accountant so my hours increased trying to make sense of all the forms, etc. Then both my daughters came back from College and Grad School. And with the summer I could just pretend I wanted to eat outside all of the time. But Fall is here, the temperatures are going down, my girls are gone, and college football is just so odd!. My volunteer job is on hold. My world is getting smaller as the temperatures go down. Honestly, I'm really hoping this swap gets me up and going again! So Janice thanks for already getting the fabrics up in your picture gallery, I've already been thinking about block patterns, etc. Off to eat some chocolate and feel better!
    Old 09-18-2020, 04:04 PM
    Power Poster

I get depressed every time I see a gathering of people with their faces covered. It's so sad.
    Old 09-18-2020, 05:38 PM

Covid has been challenging but there has been some positives for us.
    I’ve been furloughed from my job at the YMCA and I don’t know if I’ll ever get back. Keeping seniors healthy has been my life’s work And passion for 25 years. It’s sad it’s gone due to Covid. No way to say goodbye to my seniors and coworkers.

My daughter had her 2nd ectopic pregnancy. Even though she’d been distancing and masking she had an asymptomatic case of Covid during hospitalization. She said under no circumstances will you come here. So we didn’t get on a plane and go. Which was the right decision. She really needed us for the first one but she weathered the second one just fine. My youngest is struggling with the distancing and lack of job/school but he’ll weather the storm. He has always had challenges and Covid set him back on his path to adulthood. My middle child got caught between two cities and is out of a job. But he’s making things work too.

We are really,really fortunate. My early retirement is fine. We have enough money to live. We can distance easily. Most everyone is masking here. I don’t get depressed when I see everyone wearing masks, I’m happy that people are finally getting it. If everyone would mask Supposedly we could lick Covid in eight weeks. The colleges here are driving the upsurge. The kids don’t take it seriously.

If you have to be stuck somewhere it couldn’t get much better than San Diego as far as weather goes. I get to do the exercise that’s best for me, not what’s best for my students. I’m in great shape. I have a built in exercise partner my husband. I’m learning how to use an instant pot and making great curry and Mexican dishes. I’m losing a few pounds and getting healthier in general. And. I get to quilt with you!

Take heart my boom sisters. In Our 60,70 or 80 years of life This Covid time is a drop (well maybe cup) in the bucket.

Today The Devil whispered in my ear “You’re not strong enough to withstand the storm”. I whispered back “Get 6’ back Satan “

Old 09-18-2020, 08:04 PM
    Power Poster

It's probably best not to discuss the plan-demic here. If I told you what I really believed about it, it would blow some people out of the water. This thread would probably be shut down.

MJP, there will be new opportunities in the future, to help older people be healthy and live long lives. Just keep your eyes open!
    Old 09-19-2020, 06:58 AM

Regardless of what you believe Sewbiz, please stay healthy. My heart would be broken if something happened to you or one of my other boom sisters.
    Old 09-19-2020, 07:15 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks, MJP! Healthy as a horse here... And the same to you.
    Old 09-19-2020, 04:26 PM

All packages have arrived now. Woo hoo! I will be putting them together on Monday and shipping on Tuesday. Cheesehead, I sent you an email to check on your mailing address. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

We'll be starting very soon now!