Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >
  • Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

• Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 10-27-2020, 10:36 AM

I've been working on getting the Pumpkin blocks done then will be starting on this group.
    Old 10-27-2020, 02:49 PM

Today I finished my blocks! I know there is plenty of time before the deadline, but so much to do before the holidays!

The final blocks are for Julia, Jaba, and Have4Boys. Julia, my phone didn't take grab your colors the way I wished, the navy is a pretty cloudy fabric and the lighter blue matches the blue fabric exactly, no grey. Jaba's husband Bill did a great job with the leaf fabric, so pretty! And I love Have4Boys fun sewing fabric. I hope you all enjoy them.

So, I've read about leaders and enders for the past year and just never did anything about it. After I had done a few blocks for this swap I switched out my patch of thread covered fabric for a bag of Birthday Candies. I counted after I finished today and I ended up making 102 pairs with my leaders and enders! And it's faster as you already have fabric under your needle when you start sewing. I'm now a convert.
    Attached Thumbnails julia.jpeg   jaba.jpeg   have4boys.jpeg   leadersenders.jpeg  
    Old 10-27-2020, 05:50 PM

20eb14d3-9dad-4756-9342-f584177117e7.jpeg

Block for Bagaroo. And btw your fabric texture is so nice. Is it spray starch?
    Old 10-28-2020, 05:51 AM

Thank you MadeBySue for the beautiful block you made for me, love it!
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:50 AM

Has anyone made flannel pj's? I got the best flannel at joann's. I didn't prewash as I wasn't worried about shrinkage. But after washing it has raveled and gotten so thin and I am not at all happy. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Old 10-28-2020, 06:57 AM

Good morning, Flurries.

Terriamn, Sorry to hear about your flannel problems. I've used flannel a few times and always pre-washed because of the shrinkage which was pretty noticeable. I didn't find it thinned much though. Will be interested in others' experiences.

We're expecting a lot of rain later today and into tomorrow from the gulf storm. Hope the winds won't be strong as the ground is already saturated and trees coming down is always a concern.

Have a happy day, all!

Old 10-28-2020, 09:16 AM
    Power Poster

We are getting that rain now, Janice. Hope that high winds don’t come too. Saturated ground followed by high wind means lots of trees uprooted.

I think one of the packages you will get today is mine... both groups.

Speaking of that, both groups’ blocks would not fit into a padded flat rate envelope. But when I put them into a Tyvek priority mailer, they fit and their combined weight only cost me $10.90... much better than two padded flat rates at $8.40 each! Just a tip.
    Old 10-28-2020, 10:09 AM

Thank you MadeBySue for my block it's very pretty. I don't use starch. I use Terial Magic. It's expensive but terrific! I use a mister and hang to dry. That way I don't iron/steam away my Terial Magic and it lasts longer. After it's dry, Iron. It washes right out with no residue. Makes small pieces accurate.
    Old 10-28-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo
    Thank you MadeBySue for my block it's very pretty. I don't use starch. I use Terial Magic. It's expensive but terrific! I use a mister and hang to dry. That way I don't iron/steam away my Terial Magic and it lasts longer. After it's dry, Iron. It washes right out with no residue. Makes small pieces accurate.
    Thanks, sounds interesting. I'll look it up!
    Old 10-29-2020, 06:24 PM

My head is not on straight today. I posted my Flurries blocks in the Pumpkins. Oh, well. Here are 3 blocks that I had forgot to post.
    Attached Thumbnails made-julisab.jpg   made-laf2014.jpg   made-janicem.jpg