Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >
  • Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

• Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 10-07-2020, 07:45 PM
    Power Poster

Another one for Libster, "Union". Had to give her at least one star!
    Attached Thumbnails img_0574.jpg  
    Old 10-07-2020, 09:33 PM

My surgery went exceptionally well. I was supposed to be in a sling for 6 weeks or more, but instead the PT told me this afternoon not to wear it at all around the house and in other controlled environments. So, I may be able to start sewing again after another PT session or two. Woo hoo. I have a bunch of painful exercises to do but I plan to use my time wisely and really get after it so I get full use of my arm back.

With regard to Jaba's son's post, I'm very concerned and wishing her the very best for a swift recovery. I will try to reach her family tomorrow and ask that they ship back the package to me. We'll figure out where to go from there.

Your blocks are all fantastic and I thank you for your beautiful work. Be sure to read and understand the fabric requests. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them!

I'm finally ready for some sleep now that I've updated the gallery. Sleep well, all.
    Old 10-07-2020, 09:34 PM

Greg, please let JABA know we are thinking of her and wish we could be there to help. Would she mind if we got her address and sent her some cards?
    Old 10-07-2020, 09:43 PM

This block is for Macybaby. My friend, Sara and I do the shop hop every year and this year we got nine modern blocks to make. For $5 you get fabric and excellent directions for a block. I thought, great I can make a practice block to make sure I can do the block. At the end of the boom maybe I’ll have the nine practice blocks for another quilt.

This one is a Janice Smith design. I made it in gold for the shop hop one. I’m showing both of them as it’s fun to see different colorways. Macy’s is the pink one I had to change it up slightly, as far as where the colors went for Macy. I hope you like it!
    Attached Thumbnails 2a61279e-8825-4c30-9788-359aab73c8dc.jpeg   4333664c-b208-4c97-b91c-4632b0982190.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 10-07-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    Old 10-08-2020, 01:08 AM

I am praying for Jaba's recovery. As Terri says, "I am in tears and shock." Jaba, know we love you and will have healing thoughts going out to you constantly. ((((((Hugs))))))
    Old 10-08-2020, 01:12 AM

Ladies, I am loving all the beautiful blocks that you're making for me. Thank you all so much.

Janice , Your news just keeps getting better and better. I know you're having some pain with the PT, but Girl, you dodged the bullet this go round! Way to go!
    Old 10-08-2020, 03:26 AM

Janice more wonderful news, so happy for you

Sewbiz love your star for Libster

MJP looks like you have piecing down to a T. The fabric shadowing is great
    Old 10-08-2020, 03:58 AM

Here are a few of Mobile's blocks. She's having difficulty posting them. The first two are for Bugaroo and the third is for mjpEncinitas. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails p-mobile-bug.jpg   p-mobile-bug-copy.jpg   p-mobile-mjp-only.jpg  
    Old 10-08-2020, 04:37 AM

mjp - that is a very pretty block! It's going to be fun putting them all together!
    Old 10-08-2020, 05:47 AM

My heart is broken hearing the news about Jaba. I met her a few years ago when some of us had a get together in Florida. She is such a wonderful person. I'm sending healing thoughts, prayers and love her way.