Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >
  • Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

• Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-06-2021, 04:48 AM

I'm watching from the sidelines cheering you all on! These swaps are so fun to participate in, but I've got way too many sets of swap blocks I've not assembled yet!
    Old 05-06-2021, 04:52 AM

Janice I wish I didn’t have to move my stash. First trailer load of fabric is going to storage today. I would just like to leave some containers here till the boom fabrics arrive and I can choose the just right fabrics to meet all the requests. If Kelly buys I will ask to leave my sewing machines here till we find a house. He will have so much room I doubt if she would even notice them

Sewbiz your fabric gives us lots of colors to choose from

Kristijoy homeschooling takes a lot of work and dedication. Good luck on your chemistry plans
    Old 05-06-2021, 04:55 AM

Macybaby, nice to hear from you. I have way too many sets also so I’m sitting this one out, too.

Zinnias, I have one set of fabrics already and at least six more on the way. You all are so quick this round! If I get them all early, I will ship them early. I’ll always try to email you when your pkgs arrive shortly after they’re in my hands.

We have a nice sunny but cool morning. It’s a welcome respite from all the rain and clouds all week long. The weekend is coming!
    Old 05-06-2021, 11:08 AM

Janice, does that mean I get the gold star for being first
    Old 05-06-2021, 11:44 AM

Nelco, you bet you do! Lol
    Originally Posted by Nelco
    Janice, does that mean I get the gold star for being first
    And Kristijoy and Hav4boys get silver stars for their packages. They turned up in today’s mail.

Several more are due on Saturday.

Time to go back and wrestle my old machine. Suddenly having top thread breaking issues. Haven’t ever experienced this before. I’ll clean and change needles and retread again. Very perplexing. Seems like a tension issue but it hasn’t been changed. Hmmm.
    Old 05-06-2021, 05:02 PM

Mine aren't in the mail yet. I've discovered that what I thought was 3 yards was just less so I was only able to get 18 FQ from my presidents. There is a different fq coming that will be a companion fabric for the quilt for someone to get. Maybe someone that is doubling up so one fq is presidents and the other is coordinating fabric? I will let Janice sort it out, lucky her. I hope to hit the post office on Saturday to ship everything out. ( I'm carless until tomorrow night.)
    Old 05-06-2021, 06:27 PM

I decided to work on finishing up a project on my design wall while I'm waiting for fabric to arrive!
    Old 05-07-2021, 04:39 AM

Good morning, Zinnias. Seems like everyone is either prepping fabrics or shipping so that’s good news. Remember, the due date is the 17th so there’s time yet!

I’m slowly working away on my scrap quilt. I managed to fix the sewing machine. Turns out it was a bad bobbin that wasn’t turning evenly. Changed bobbins, problem solved. Happy days.

Happy Friday!
    Old 05-07-2021, 05:48 AM
    Power Poster

Be sure to show us that scrap quilt when you get it together, Janice! Love scrappy...
    Old 05-07-2021, 07:12 AM

Hmmm.... this one is a stumper SBG. Maybe something will come to be once I see the and feel the fabric. Does not lend itself to paper piecing but I will come up with something. That pomegranate grabbed me. (probably will get a piece without a pomegranate..lol)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Here is my fabric, which will go out tomorrow to Janice. It's a directional fabric, which is a tad harder to work with, but I know all of you are up for a challenge!

I'm asking that only the colors in the print be used. Hope you have some fun with it!