Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22 >
  • Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

• Boom 27 sign-ups open through 1/9/22

Old 01-09-2022, 08:13 AM

This is the fabric I have chosen for Boom 27, I only ask that you not use Black in the block as I will use it for the sashing. (I hope the picture works)
    Attached Thumbnails lisa-fabric.jpg  
    Old 01-09-2022, 08:25 AM
    Power Poster

Janice, I do feel that way about some projects. But then, after the quilting, I fall back in love with them. Hope you love your string quilt again once you get it quilted.

My fabrics are all ready to mail!
    Old 01-09-2022, 08:40 AM

Here’s my choice for the Azaleas.
    Grateful for the motivation to organize my sew room a bit after a dozen things created and nothing, or hardly anything put away. Organizational skills are not my strong point! I hope this works. And the wrinkles will be gone in my blocks, my iron has died and I need to get out and get a new one.
    Attached Thumbnails 4cb60cd2-6823-453e-a262-4de971401f86.jpeg  
    Old 01-09-2022, 08:48 AM

Janice
    ​​​​​​ I have a bucket of scraps and decided as I was straightening up, maybe it was time for a string quilt. What size are your blocks? Do you wish they were a different size? Are your strips the same size or varied? Questions filed for future reference.
    Old 01-09-2022, 09:40 AM

Hi GramE! The blocks are 7 1/2 square unfinished only because the paper I was using for foundations was just under 8 inches wide. I’m totally content with the size and I used different widths which I like, too. It’s just that, get this, it’s too scrappy and busy! Lol. I’ll take an in progress pic for you. I’m using scrappy nine patches as cornerstones and a scrappy sashing as well. I suspect that once I get it together, I’ll like it more.

Originally Posted by GramE
    Janice
    ​​​​​​ I have a bucket of scraps and decided as I was straightening up, maybe it was time for a string quilt. What size are your blocks? Do you wish they were a different size? Are your strips the same size or varied? Questions filed for future reference.
    Attached Thumbnails 0755449c-9f43-4579-bf98-2444ee04a80d.jpeg  
    Old 01-09-2022, 09:49 AM

It is Lovely! A beautiful reference point for my foray into the world of string quilting.
    Old 01-09-2022, 11:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
    This is the fabric I have chosen for Boom 27, I only ask that you not use Black in the block as I will use it for the sashing. (I hope the picture works)
    Love it, Lstew. I have some of that same fabric, so at least if I mess up your block I know where to get more!

GramE, love the teacups, too. I am a sucker for tea themes, tho I am a coffee drinker, myself.

Janice, the string quilt will be charming (no quilting pun intended...). The cornerstones and pieced sashings are looking great with your blocks.

This past Sat. we had our monthly meeting for our quilt charity group. My favorite part is the "show and tell" of what we have made to donate. Several of the quilts were string squares like Janice's, but cut diagonally. Some were cut across the strings, and some cut with them. Then they were sewn to white or another neutral to make scrappy HSTs. The quilts were so cute!
    Old 01-09-2022, 12:52 PM

Today's the 9th. I'm getting more excited and tuned into this project. I've chosen some fabrics that play well together. But thinking I'll go back and find a 3yd piece. Keep changing my mind. This week is the deadline for changing my mind.
    Old 01-09-2022, 01:56 PM

Janice, I love your string quilt. I think I am going to pull all of my strips out of their storage area and start putting them together. Mine are all separated by color in photo boxes I bought at Michaels. You have given me inspiration.
    Old 01-09-2022, 03:19 PM

boom-2022-my-fabric.jpg This is my fabric for 2022 Boom. The picture isn't true to color. There is a grey-blue and coral.

Last edited by petthefabric; 01-09-2022 at 03:21 PM.